Author Topic: Low attendance  (Read 10125 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Low attendance
« on: January 19, 2019, 04:31:16 PM »
Just seen the official attendance figures for today. Only 860 home supporters, that's around 250 down on our averages for Saturday games.  Are people that dismayed with our football at the moment or is it just winter blues ? I worry that Mr Newton will be considering if all the Chestnuts hard work and investments are worth it if the fanbase continues to shrink without a shadow of doubt.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Low attendance
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 05:09:11 PM »
No new shiney stadium, no bums on seats at a guess?
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 05:47:24 PM »
Just seen the official attendance figures for today. Only 860 home supporters, that's around 250 down on our averages for Saturday games.  Are people that dismayed with our football at the moment or is it just winter blues ? I worry that Mr Newton will be considering if all the Chestnuts hard work and investments are worth it if the fanbase continues to shrink without a shadow of doubt.

Its not really rocket science as to why our home attendances are getting lower...apart from a handful of games {including todays game against The Brakes}our home performances have been dreadful...Weve been outplayed and outmuscled by most teams at YS this season and crucially weve LOST EIGHT....theres your answer.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 05:48:09 PM »
I was there. Were you?

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 08:26:18 PM »

Its not really rocket science as to why our home attendances are getting lower...apart from a handful of games {including todays game against The Brakes}our home performances have been dreadful...Weve been outplayed and outmuscled by most teams at YS this season and crucially weve LOST EIGHT....theres your answer.
A very unfair comment about today's game, the lads played really well, and deserved a victory.
Anyone who actually was at the game, would have a different opinion to yourself old boy.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 11:11:18 PM »
I was there. Were you?
Not been able to attend for a year and a half now due to health issues. I hope that doesn't discriminate against me for having a view over things though.  I do however keep up to date with things and it is clear that we have dropped off by an average of 100-150 gate wise to that of recent seasons. I was just asking a genuine question based on this seasons home attendance figures, nothing personal against anyone so lets keep it that way.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 06:54:20 AM »
I was there. Were you?
Not been able to attend for a year and a half now due to health issues. I hope that doesn't discriminate against me for having a view over things though.  I do however keep up to date with things and it is clear that we have dropped off by an average of 100-150 gate wise to that of recent seasons. I was just asking a genuine question based on this seasons home attendance figures, nothing personal against anyone so lets keep it that way.
I think most clubs suffer this after Christmas and when the form at home tends to be inconsistent.but they will return when the weather picks up, money isn't so tight and the form improves.
Today's performance showed some real improvement and promise, and may l say some pride and passion in the shirt.
I have only been to few home games this season and it's improving on the pitch.
Please don't also forget that yesterday game was broadcasted live on radio Lincolnshire, so perhaps some fans decided to stay in the warm and listen to it instead.
I also hope that your health improves and you are soon able to attend yourself..
Stay safe and warm my friend and keep the faith old boy.
Chin chin
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 08:32:08 AM »
Agree with you Johnny and OTT. January always a tough month. Quite a few who sit around me off with sickness and ailments too. No surprise at all with yesterday.

TEP

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 08:35:19 AM »
I did not go yesterday, I have the mother of all colds.  It could even be worse, I could have MAN FLU.  If I went, I would have lost all sympathy from the missus and I am not that brave ;D ;D.  I do have a season ticket, but that cut no ice with her indoors :angel:
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 09:13:55 AM »

I think your last comment hits the nail on the head LOST EIGHT. For the posters saying yesterday was a decent performance, they'd also be right, BUT it's been far from the norm. An awful lot of our home performances have been woeful, so I fully understand the stay-away fans. For the record I was there yesterday, I'm a season ticket holder, but had I not been one, I may have stayed at home in the warm.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 11:38:08 AM »
I did not go yesterday, I have the mother of all colds.  It could even be worse, I could have MAN FLU.  If I went, I would have lost all sympathy from the missus and I am not that brave ;D ;D.  I do have a season ticket, but that cut no ice with her indoors :angel:
You missed a good game, but your health must come first old boy.
So your good lady was right in this case, but they usually are!
Hope you feel better soon.
"I don't believe you""

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 02:52:33 PM »
maybe some of the people who come from  a long distance away from Boston that includes myself and my wife from Bradford west Yorkshire .is that for the last nearly 3 months Northern rail have had Rail Strikes on Saturdays only so not able to get to the matches,

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2019, 03:27:52 PM »
I would suggest that the vast majority of attendees at York Street come from a 25 mile radius of York Street.

The reason for the low attendance is simple - poor home results.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2019, 04:10:21 PM »
3 of us gave it a miss yesterday. Pure and simple, we have been shocking at home and I go to be entertained and get enjoyment and I haven’t had much of that at York St this season.

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2019, 04:19:45 PM »
Agree, quite a few factors, poor performances at home, cold weather. We've also had quite a few home matches in a couple of weeks..