Author Topic: vs ALTRINCHAM....  (Read 5279 times)

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
vs ALTRINCHAM....
« on: January 05, 2019, 05:38:19 PM »
Well where do you start?

Im normally very supportive of the players and manager but I have to say after the Alty game that "enough is {surely} enough"...

Another turgid and totally uninspired home performance,and of course another home defeat.

No visible game plan either,apart from "hoof the ball forward and give possession to the opposition".

Thats EIGHT home defeats this season already ,including the embarrassing FA Cup home loss.

Apart from perhaps the home games vs Hereford and York City,we have been outplayed in every home game.

With the exceptions of  perhaps Willis and Davies none of our players seem to care.

And of  course with the constant merry-go-round of players coming and going its difficult to get a settled team. 40 odd signings before Christmas! Really?!

Im not saying that I know the answer,but Im really {really,really} sorry to say that what we have at the present time just aint good enough for Boston United. The long suffering supporters deserve much better.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: vs ALTRINCHAM....
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 05:45:20 PM »
Well said Johnny. Its a shame OXO doesn't do a one off comeback. I'm sure he would be very upset tonight.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 05:54:02 PM »
Well where do you start?

Im normally very supportive of the players and manager but I have to say after the Alty game that "enough is {surely} enough"...

Another turgid and totally uninspired home performance,and of course another home defeat.

No visible game plan either,apart from "hoof the ball forward and give possession to the opposition".

Thats EIGHT home defeats this season already ,including the embarrassing FA Cup home loss.

Apart from perhaps the home games vs Hereford and York City,we have been outplayed in every home game.

With the exceptions of  perhaps Willis and Davies none of our players seem to care.

And of  course with the constant merry-go-round of players coming and going its difficult to get a settled team. 40 odd signings before Christmas! Really?!

Im not saying that I know the answer,but Im really {really,really} sorry to say that what we have at the present time just aint good enough for Boston United. The long suffering supporters deserve much better.

Comments about in line with  what Craig has just said on radio .

He admitted not knowing the answers .

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 05:58:00 PM »
Well first time back at York Street for over 10years, first half was poor, but the second half was better and the ref was poor.
It felt like l hadn't been away, said hello to some old faces.
I thought we played better when the Abbott fellow came off.
Anyway I was pleased l went and will go again, as they say "things can only get better"" Chin chin.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 06:20:55 PM »
Dreadful performance. If not for the fact that Altrincham sat back in the second half and Willis played well, we could have gone for 5 or 6. I keep saying it....Thanoj and Abbott are grim....

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 06:30:21 PM »
Well where do you start?

I got back after a transatlantic flight to Gatwick at 5.30 this morning after two weeks away. Very jet lagged, but still made the effort to drive to Boston to get the home game. Agree with JP. Feel totally let down and feel I made more effort to get to the game than 9 of the players (Willis and Davies probably excepted) made on the pitch. No quality and no committment. Alty in contrast, wanted to win every ball and knew where each other were on the park. There is no Plan A; and Plan B is give the revolving door a shove and admit 1-2 new faces who are totally unfamiliar with their team mates. Plan C is throw on an ex £1M striker and hope that his former valuation reflects what he can actually still deliver now. I think CE (much as think he's a great bloke) has run out of ideas and time.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 06:32:35 PM »
Well where do you start?

Comments about in line with  what Craig has just said on radio .

He admitted not knowing the answers .

"he admitted not knowing the answers" !!

Well its his team and he should take responsibility for the dreadful home performances his team are producing.
To lose a couple of home games before Christmas is unfortunate and perhaps unlucky but to lose the amount weve lost is careless and {Im sorry to say} disgraceful...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 06:34:09 PM by Johnny Pilgrim »

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 07:01:01 PM »
Speaking to some of the fans on Saturday, they were saying that they still had faith in Craig and didn't think he will be released by the chairman.
But they did stress that if he looses the support of the Town End he will loose his job.
As l said earlier l have not seen any games before New year's Day, so l can't comment on his or the teams performance before that.
I think though he will turn it around before long, the players let us all down on Saturday and need to have a really good look at themselves.
What confounded me was that the players didn't even bollock or try to motivate each other, this team that l saw on Saturday is not a team and has no outfield leader.
Chin chin.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 07:42:00 PM »
What is the point in having a goalkeeper as Captain??

Willis is by far the best player in recent games but that shouldn't be a reason for him to be Captain.  A Captain should be a leader on the pitch and encourage his teammates when the going gets tough. 

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 09:23:16 PM »
What is the point in having a goalkeeper as Captain??

Willis is by far the best player in recent games but that shouldn't be a reason for him to be Captain.  A Captain should be a leader on the pitch and encourage his teammates when the going gets tough.
this is a debate that was had early on in the season, but to repeat what I thought then, I don't see a leader out there.

I'd prefer a centre back, as they see the whole game in front of them, and they're in the midst of it, but despite the fact he was Shaw Lane skipper for a whole, Qualter is hardly a leader, he barely ever says or shouts anything.

When Willis was suspended, the senior player, Davies, took the armband, but same again, nothing verbal from him either, so despite the abundance of experience, he's not a leader.

If you remember in the pre - season games, various players were tried, none of which are considered more worthy than Willis.

So, in the absence of anyone deemed better, Willis has kept the armband.

Does anyone else for the bill? Do we have a natural leader? I don't think we do, and maybe that is some of the problem? There's nobody currently with an ounce of passion and desire, and that's what's needed.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 01:12:28 PM »
Slightly off-topic, anyone know what the winning team sheet number was??

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 01:37:12 PM »
I think they were 98 and 101
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 03:36:59 PM »
Thanks P86, nowhere near mine :)