Author Topic: Time for a change  (Read 12325 times)

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Time for a change
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2019, 11:38:46 PM »
Not a time to change the manager, that won't help and at the end of the day the players in the first half let him and us down.
Didn't the fans state under the Greene era when countless players had been signed and that the manger was deemed a 'tinkerman' that the buck stops with him regarding form ? Should be no different here considering how many personnel we have gone through to date. He picks the teams, chooses the formations, re-addresses tactics mid match etc etc.  If the slump continues, where do we draw the line ?
I've been loyal and given all the managers here the time of day equally, but there comes a time when performances and results are just not acceptable.
Sorry l can't comment on the Green days old chap, as l was not in the country and never got to watch a game, under Green.
My first home game in 10years today, so my opinion is limited to what I have seen.
But l respect your opinion totally as someone who has seen a great deal more than me over the past decade.
Chin chin my friend.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 09:16:28 AM »
Backs to the wall..... I've got a rather worrying smile on my face this evening. Kidderminster away next week. There is a cracking real ale bar about 250 metres downhill from the station. I'll be there from about 1230hours. About a 15 minute walk to the ground. I'll have a green jacket on with United scarf tucked in. I used the official "away bar" when DG's side lost 3-0 to Worcester City. Mayhem. A guy{Darren?] almost broke his neck falling off a chair and we got an ambulance for him. The season we came 6th. Very good food at the ground. If you end up at the station, there is a class chippy opposite.

UTP

I'll be in the king and castle pub at the svern valley railway station. Don't bother with pub on site as they charge entry
Weavers ale House on the High St is also decent and its only 2 mins from station. One of my favourite away days Shame the footy will likely let it down!

That said, kiddy are such a soft touch I'd back us to win there

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 11:07:32 AM »
I can remember when Abbott signed Craig said he will become a fans favourite or words to that effect. Well along with him and the rest of his ex players non are good enough for this league in my opinion and I worry he is not learning quick enough what is required in terms of players or more worryingly tactics .

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 12:53:36 PM »
his ex players non are good enough for this league in my opinion and I worry he is not learning quick enough what is required in terms of players or more worryingly tactics .
I have the same concerns regarding the players he's had before. As I see it the problem is that both the manager and playing staff have been used to playing title winning football at the lower levels CE's been at previously. As said by others, the step up for all concerned seems to be biting us at the present time. I've been somebody whose continually expressed "give him time", but even the more patient amongst us seem to be losing faith...
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2019, 01:00:09 PM »
Backs to the wall..... I've got a rather worrying smile on my face this evening. Kidderminster away next week. There is a cracking real ale bar about 250 metres downhill from the station. I'll be there from about 1230hours. About a 15 minute walk to the ground. I'll have a green jacket on with United scarf tucked in. I used the official "away bar" when DG's side lost 3-0 to Worcester City. Mayhem. A guy{Darren?] almost broke his neck falling off a chair and we got an ambulance for him. The season we came 6th. Very good food at the ground. If you end up at the station, there is a class chippy opposite.

UTP

I'll be in the king and castle pub at the svern valley railway station. Don't bother with pub on site as they charge entry
Weavers ale House on the High St is also decent and its only 2 mins from station. One of my favourite away days Shame the footy will likely let it down!

That said, kiddy are such a soft touch I'd back us to win there

OK joshb, in that case I'll start off at the King and Castle. Weavers is the name of that real ale bar down the road. Great beer. Hope to see you on Saturday!

UTP

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2019, 02:06:25 PM »
his ex players non are good enough for this league in my opinion and I worry he is not learning quick enough what is required in terms of players or more worryingly tactics .
I have the same concerns regarding the players he's had before. As I see it the problem is that both the manager and playing staff have been used to playing title winning football at the lower levels CE's been at previously. As said by others, the step up for all concerned seems to be biting us at the present time. I've been somebody whose continually expressed "give him time", but even the more patient amongst us seem to be losing faith...

Is it not starting to look that both Murray & Elliot have totally misjudged what personnel & what is required tactically to be successful in the CN ?

Murray coming from the FL got it staggeringly wrong with recruitment & playing (non) style. As is being said the players who have served CE well at a lower level cannot cut it at this level.

As Murray discovered this league is unforgiving & once teams know (as they already do) that your are on the slide  believe me they all put the boot in when your confidence is shot.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 11:47:26 AM »
SACKED!

Kidderminster have parted company with their manager...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2019, 12:08:46 PM »
SACKED!

Kidderminster have parted company with their manager...

Timing is awful for us! There will likely be a big reaction from them as is usually the case when a Manager is sacked.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2019, 12:19:51 PM »
True. But I think they are away to Spennymoor tomorrow night, which won't do them any favours for the weekend.

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2019, 04:17:11 PM »
probably get cancelled halfway up the motorway

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2019, 04:47:51 PM »
I still say give CE time. A season of learning will probably mean we'll finish about half way down the final table. Just need to ride out the rough patch. Some of these players did it for us last season so it's not massively wrong (there's a few I'd move on though). The lack of confidence shouldn't be underestimated and CE needs to make this a priority - maximise what he's got rather than just look for alternatives.

Expectations were high on the basis of CE's previous record, the job he did for us last season, the 'big names' he signed in pre-season and the start we then had to this season. I'm pretty certain David Newton won't be firing him anytime soon. Unless anyone has any better ideas we'd best back what we've got. New managers cost money and there's no guarantee he/she would fair any better if things were changed.

TEP

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2019, 04:48:55 PM »

The weather forecast tomorrow evening is for it to be 2 degrees above freezing, I'm sure that will be ample reason for Spennymoron to try and get the game called off.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2019, 05:41:56 PM »
I still say give CE time. A season of learning will probably mean we'll finish about half way down the final table. Just need to ride out the rough patch. Some of these players did it for us last season so it's not massively wrong (there's a few I'd move on though). The lack of confidence shouldn't be underestimated and CE needs to make this a priority - maximise what he's got rather than just look for alternatives.

Expectations were high on the basis of CE's previous record, the job he did for us last season, the 'big names' he signed in pre-season and the start we then had to this season. I'm pretty certain David Newton won't be firing him anytime soon. Unless anyone has any better ideas we'd best back what we've got. New managers cost money and there's no guarantee he/she would fair any better if things were changed.

TEP

I think you are right TEP ,  the vociferous fans who in the past were quick to call for the managers head see now that changing manager does not always mean better results and bigger gates .
I think listening to Craig on the  radio Saturday night he has about run out of ideas and if things don't improve by the end of the month he will walk in any case .

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2019, 07:31:46 PM »

The weather forecast tomorrow evening is for it to be 2 degrees above freezing, I'm sure that will be ample reason for Spennymoron to try and get the game called off.
either that or with a 10% chance of early  rain, they'll get a local ref to inspect at about 8am and declare a small puddle is enough to waterlog the pitch! Or maybe a gust of wind overnight will shift an advertising board 2 inches, so there'll be a safety issue!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2019, 04:10:25 PM »

TEP

I think you are right TEP ,  the vociferous fans who in the past were quick to call for the managers head see now that changing manager does not always mean better results and bigger gates .
I think listening to Craig on the  radio Saturday night he has about run out of ideas and if things don't improve by the end of the month he will walk in any case .

Agree GHM, the fixtures up to the end of the month are gonna b tough. It's all about results & points now. Nobody (as is clear from CE's recent press),  is more disalussioned than him. This could go either way. However, if this slump continues I can see him making way.