Author Topic: Clickety-Click  (Read 10132 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Clickety-Click
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 12:09:07 PM »
Jay Rollins was a DG signing wasnt he ?

He then left, and came back under AM.

I'm showing signs of age here, so can anyone remember who AM had to prise Rollins away from?

Nobody. He left the club at the end of the previous season (rejected contract), went on trial for several clubs but then returned a few games into the season after not signing for anybody else.

Turned out as a triallist for Grimsby I believe? Not offered anything.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 12:42:53 PM »

I'm showing signs of age here, so can anyone remember who AM had to prise Rollins away from?

Nobody. He left the club at the end of the previous season (rejected contract), went on trial for several clubs but then returned a few games into the season after not signing for anybody else.

Yeah I think he can officially say he signed for them as he played in a County Cup game for them...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 10:47:36 PM »

Yeah I think he can officially say he signed for them as he played in a County Cup game for them...

My pal was at that game & I'm sure he said Jay scored a couple & was outstanding in a good Grimsby side. He said with better players he really shone. Shows what quality they must have if they didn't offer him a deal.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2019, 11:15:17 PM »
Going on DG signings I always thought Lewis Hilliard was a quality player. He has so much skill & vision & got his fair share of goals 2. I always saw him as an inside left. I remember Murray saying after his first home game v curzon that Hilliard could end up at a League 2 club?

Mark Jones also did well when Greene brought him back. John Sands looked good but they fell out. Jordan Richards was excellent on loan. While Big Gregg was looking a great signing until his horror injury at Gainsborough, don't think he was ever gonna fulfill his potential after that.

Along with all the other quality players Greene brought in & importantly how they gelled as a team, it has been so apparent for most of this season Boston have been a bunch of half hearted strangers; hence the revolving door.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2019, 11:59:26 PM »

My pal was at that game & I'm sure he said Jay scored a couple & was outstanding in a good Grimsby side. He said with better players he really shone. Shows what quality they must have if they didn't offer him a deal.
Team spirit and togetherness should never be underestimated in anything.
Wish l had been able to see Dennis Greens teams play, with the obvious support for the team he buil, it makes you wonder why he is not back at the club.
I am sure Craig will get things back on track though.
Here's to a great win on Saturday, can't wait to be back at Kidi.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 05:22:24 PM »
I'm a bit concerned that we don't seem to have signed anyone this week!? Is everything ok?!

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 09:21:04 PM »
I'm a bit concerned that we don't seem to have signed anyone this week!? Is everything ok?!
there's time yet!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684