Author Topic: Alfreton away  (Read 17000 times)

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Alfreton away
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2019, 09:18:20 PM »
I see fans are split again, as they have been over the last three odd years. So much toxicity around, is there any wonder on and off the pitch we are slowly crumbling. Even though illness have kept me away for two seasons I am really starting to believe I am not missing it as much as I should. Hard to swallow when this is my team.
I agree it was my first game today in 10 years and my first appearance on patter for as long.
We do seem to have a lot of negativity going on, and some people not respecting the views of others.
Sadly the club has lost its togetherness and fans spirit, we need to rekindle that spirit that was there just after we were taken over by the chestnuts.
Craig Elliott is as far as l can see, a chap that has determination and ambitious, and trying to do a jolly good job.
Let's all us fellows remember that blooming old Rome wasn't built in a day.
Chin chin.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2019, 09:23:23 PM »
I thought today was a good performance. Couldn't fault any effort from the players. Typical Billy Heath team, long balls and incidents and niggles off the ball. They dealt with lots thrown at them. Not sure why the goal was disallowed? And a blatant penalty in injury time missed by the ref. Others have mentioned Rollins who was excellent, special mention to Max Wright, and Allott up front really worked there socks off. Gutting result in the end, but I've actually enjoyed the last two matches. Something that I hadn't previously. Missing that clinical edge for the playoffs for me.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2019, 10:14:48 PM »
7 points from our last 8 games.

Is that return good enough, I think not

Were you there? One of the best displays all season against a bunch of thugs. It's so called fans like you we can well do without if you are not going to get behind the team.  UTP.

Oh well if that's your attitude towards a fellow fan I think I'll donate my jam jar to the Heart Foundation..... Pathetic 😢

Okay do that who ever you are, so easy to make such comments from behind a key board. I will not be silenced just because I think the team are worth supporting. Look I don't want to fall out with anyone please come and talk to me as commenting from afar is not the way.  UTP.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2019, 09:29:42 AM »
Oxo, pleased you think the teams better off without me. I have sponsored games, supported the club since the early seventies and attended hundreds if not a couple of thousand of games. Cold nights at Frickly, Barrow, Workington and other hell holes, don’t make it personal I was only asking is 7 points from 8 games is good enough. If you think it is ok, your welcome to your opinion but mine is it isn’t.

Okay my reply was not phrased well and I am sorry if it offended. All I am trying to do is get some possitivity going after all the criticism and disappointment.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2019, 01:18:19 PM »
Oxo, pleased you think the teams better off without me. I have sponsored games, supported the club since the early seventies and attended hundreds if not a couple of thousand of games. Cold nights at Frickly, Barrow, Workington and other hell holes, don’t make it personal I was only asking is 7 points from 8 games is good enough. If you think it is ok, your welcome to your opinion but mine is it isn’t.

Okay my reply was not phrased well and I am sorry if it offended. All I am trying to do is get some positivity going after all the criticism and disappointment.

The thing is though Mel its not the first time you've come over as quite aggressive towards people on here, and as a prominent BUSA member and fundraiser you do need to stop and think before you post. You can't say things like that on a forum thats read by dozens of people in your position, I know you're a blunt Yorkshireman who says as he sees and it doesn't bother me as I've grown up with people like you (blunt Yorkshiremen!), but I can see how others would take it the wrong way.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2019, 02:21:56 PM »

Okay my reply was not phrased well and I am sorry if it offended. All I am trying to do is get some positivity going after all the criticism and disappointment.

The thing is though Mel its not the first time you've come over as quite aggressive towards people on here, and as a prominent BUSA member and fundraiser you do need to stop and think before you post. You can't say things like that on a forum thats read by dozens of people in your position, I know you're a blunt Yorkshireman who says as he sees and it doesn't bother me as I've grown up with people like you (blunt Yorkshiremen!), but I can see how others would take it the wrong way.

To be warned off my a diplomat such as yourself Andy has done the trick. No further comments on anything posted on here from now on.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2019, 02:30:55 PM »
Tolerance is a great thing to possess as an human being, something we all forget to practice from time to time.
A true person stands behind their beliefs and believes in their principles, and also has the courage to say sorry when they are wrong.
I think OXO has done what most will not and apologized for his comments, here here to that fellow.
But from time to time we all need to be made aware of our behaviour, it's that what keeps us all from becoming selfish and self-centred.
Chin chin
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2019, 03:12:33 PM »
So true norty40. I've rarely post here anymore due to a certain person. Called me negative the other week when I classed a draw a good result not a great! Considering the person stated the manager had put together a potential promoted pushing team! Credit to the person for collecting the coins for the new ground if it is built. Happy New Year

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2019, 03:33:51 PM »
I see festive cheer is alive and well here! Maybe we should just go back to talking about Brexit. Boston United games seem too divisive.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2019, 04:51:27 PM »
Anyway, thanks Oxo for your apology.

I didn’t go to Alfreton and by all accounts we again showed signs of improvement which is good. The problem is that we can’t seem to win a bloody game at the minute and that’s all we want to see. Hopefully Saturday will see 3 points, the crazy thing with the league is that we are still in touch (just) with the play offs.

We seem unable to close games out  and I’ve got to admit I’m not sure why, just hope Craig knows why and can get us winning games again.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2019, 06:02:12 PM »

To be warned off my a diplomat such as yourself Andy has done the trick. No further comments on anything posted on here from now on.

Time for a bit of your annual winter sun Mel.  I'm  buggering off for 10 days. See you all when it's all calmed down. That's if they allow me back into the country 8) 8)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2019, 07:55:45 PM »

Time for a bit of your annual winter sun Mel.  I'm  buggering off for 10 days. See you all when it's all calmed down. That's if they allow me back into the country 8) 8)

Typical Brexiteer ,  leave the country when we're in the sh*t . :P

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2019, 08:44:25 PM »
Evening all. I've just seen the 3 minute clip of the Alfreton game on the Vanarama website. The disallowed 2nd goal is borderline. Definately debatable. What is not debatable is the shoulder charge in Allott's back in injury time. I reckon the referee was too scared of the Alfreton back 4 to give it. Mind you, they were all on day release from the local remand centre, so who could blame him?
 On a more positive not[ To keep OXO happy!] I bought a return to Chester today. Why? It's my birthday on Feb 16th and I'm having a day out with United. IF we are winning with 20 minutes left. I will slither behind the Chester dug-out and offer haphazard advice to the 2 dwarfs what their next commands should be.
 Finally, it's been 11 years since we left the Football League. We have yet to play a single season in the National Conference. No one should be surprised if others find that frustrating.  However, continual back-biting is not the answer. I am a CE backer, that is not a secret. I also recognise that this season has been a disappointment so far. There is still enough games to get into the play-off zone and stay there.

UTP

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2019, 10:37:18 PM »
I don't think the Ref dared give a decision in our favour towards the end of the game after Billy Heath pulled all his hair out and asked the lino 3 times if he was Boston and what would the assessor say, but he made us laugh with his antics.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2019, 10:39:30 PM »
We’re not the only upset fans just had a look on the Tamworth forum, some of them are fed up with the use of to many players and hoofball (sound familiar). Greene out (sound familiar) :police:
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR