Author Topic: Alfreton away  (Read 17009 times)

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
Alfreton away
« on: January 01, 2019, 03:54:03 PM »
1 nil up against the Billy Heath spoilers at HT  :police:

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
Re: Alfreton away
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 04:07:06 PM »
The games a bit feisty according to radio Lincs.  Hopefully the lads won't fall for the spoiling tactics and stay cool  8)

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 04:56:45 PM »
So 2 points from the 3 festive games, play offs my arse!

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 04:57:23 PM »
FT 1-1 they scored the equaliser in the 90th minute >:(

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 06:54:38 PM »
FT 1-1 they scored the equaliser in the 90th minute >:(

Last 2 games we have just missed out on getting all 3 points.  Is it a fitness problem?
United we stand..................

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 07:00:04 PM »
7 points from our last 8 games.

Is that return good enough, I think not

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 07:16:05 PM »

Were you there? One of the best displays all season against a bunch of thugs. It's so called fans like you we can well do without if you are not going to get behind the team.  UTP.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 07:40:22 PM »
Oxo, pleased you think the teams better off without me. I have sponsored games, supported the club since the early seventies and attended hundreds if not a couple of thousand of games. Cold nights at Frickly, Barrow, Workington and other hell holes, don’t make it personal I was only asking is 7 points from 8 games is good enough. If you think it is ok, your welcome to your opinion but mine is it isn’t.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 07:47:43 PM »

I think you have made an error ,  I make it 7 points in our last 9 league games .
On this return for the rest of the season we would finish the season with 46 points.

Last season Gainsborough were relegated with 46 points .
Season 15/16  Lowestoft were relegated with  46 points .

Season  11/12  Hinckley was relegated with 48 points

Is it good enough ?   maybe not !
In 3 of the last 6 seasons 46 points has  meant releligation .

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 07:55:08 PM by green hats mate »

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 07:58:41 PM »
What a blooming good show today from the boys, cracking effort.
First time l have watched Boston play in 10 years, been in away working in Poland.
2 games unbeaten on a run now.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Greengrass

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 08:01:42 PM »

Were you there? One of the best displays all season against a bunch of thugs. It's so called fans like you we can well do without if you are not going to get behind the team.  UTP.

Oh well if that's your attitude towards a fellow fan I think I'll donate my jam jar to the Heart Foundation..... Pathetic 😢

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2019, 08:03:03 PM »
After the BPA game I started my post with a comment about holding on, well guess what, same again. We'd done enough to win the game, had a second wrongly disallowed for offside when Walker ran onto the ball from behind the original pass, and then sadly we've succumbed to a very late equaliser again, resulting in 2 points from 9 over the festive period. The performance today deserved better, as did the BPA game in my opinion, but the bottom line is 2 draws, not 2 wins. Anything but a win vs Alty on Saturday, and the possible gap between us and the playoffs could start to look like a fairly sizeable one. Let's hope we can gain a 2-0 lead and give ourselves a safety net! Having said that, I believe we still have the third tightest defence in the division, which I remarkable given the recent results (1 win in the last 9 in the league). One big plus for me is Jay Rollins again today. Okay, so he's only 60-70 minutes fit, but he's creating things up front and making chances for others, something which has been lacking from many of the other forwards we've tried this season. It's a real bonus to have him back at last. Anyway, I'm disappointed but not disheartened, the performances are on the up, so my rose tinted glasses still have hope.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Greengrass

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2019, 08:07:44 PM »
After the BPA game I started my post with a comment about holding on, well guess what, same again. We'd done enough to win the game, had a second wrongly disallowed for offside when Walker ran onto the ball from behind the original pass, and then sadly we've succumbed to a very late equaliser again, resulting in 2 points from 9 over the festive period. The performance today deserved better, as did the BPA game in my opinion, but the bottom line is 2 draws, not 2 wins. Anything but a win vs Alty on Saturday, and the possible gap between us and the playoffs could start to look like a fairly sizeable one. Let's hope we can gain a 2-0 lead and give ourselves a safety net! Having said that, I believe we still have the third tightest defence in the division, which I remarkable given the recent results (1 win in the last 9 in the league). One big plus for me is Jay Rollins again today. Okay, so he's only 60-70 minutes fit, but he's creating things up front and making chances for others, something which has been lacking from many of the other forwards we've tried this season. It's a real bonus to have him back at last. Anyway, I'm disappointed but not disheartened, the performances are on the up, so my rose tinted glasses still have hope.

Yes I agree it's great to see Jay back...... And let's not forget who brought him to the club 😉😉😉

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2019, 08:10:47 PM »

I agree a very good effort against a very tough team.
Just lost out in the end, enjoyed the game.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2019, 09:04:00 PM »
I see fans are split again, as they have been over the last three odd years. So much toxicity around, is there any wonder on and off the pitch we are slowly crumbling. Even though illness have kept me away for two seasons I am really starting to believe I am not missing it as much as I should. Hard to swallow when this is my team.