Author Topic: Time to recall?  (Read 15025 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Time to recall?
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2018, 07:31:48 PM »
    Would"nt mind seeing Lewis Hilliard back - 4 goals and an amazing 18 assists from 23 matches for Peterborough Sports so far this season. We were away so did"nt see the cup game against them, but told that he played well. The return of Hilliard coupled with Grant Roberts recall would offer some strong options in midfield.

Couldnt agree more with this - Hilliard is class and playing well below where he should be.  Mybe not the fastest but would certainly give competition for thanoj and abbot.  Hilliard is one of the best passes.of the ball we have have had..
Lewis is what I refer as a luxury player. How I mean, is when he's good, there's no doubt he's good, but have a look back a couple of years to the posts that mention him. When he's not on his game, he's a liability because he can't cover the ground, and you effectively play a man short. When he was here last, there's plenty of moans along the lines of he only has 1 good game in 3/4. Now, I've no doubt we need a third body in the middle, and it's such a shame Agnew's loan couldn't be extended, but comparatively, Lewis is nowhere near the same player. At the risk of upsetting the debate, it seems we're collectively clutching at straws in order to turn our season around. To answer the next obvious question "who would I look to bring in?", I personally think we need a big strong player in there to do all the ugly stuff alongside Abbott, which would allow Thanoj to express himself a little more. Somebody built like Ellender or Garner, for example. Either that or somebody who puts his whole self into every minute on the pitch, for example a Jamie Maguire type.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684