Author Topic: vs BPA  (Read 10563 times)

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
Re: vs BPA
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2018, 10:35:24 PM »
Ok Garry I’m down Spain Lane so didn’t see that and I am happy to say George had been game saver in the last two games

youngchubby69

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2018, 11:08:28 PM »
So champs, Garry why didn't you comment on the Alferton defeat, you soon chirp up when we have a positive result.
If you look back at my apparent drivel most people agreed with my comments about the match and CE.
Now l will ask yourselves and OXO, this question which l asked on Saturday.
What has positively improved about our sqaud and performance, post the first 5 games of this season and are we in a better position in the table.
Remember l am talking about this season and not the last one.
If you can demonstrate to me in facts and figures, l will remove myself from this forum and will discontinue my support for the club after 30+ years and never enter York Street or the new stadium again.

youngchubby69

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2018, 11:24:20 PM »
Well wasn't expecting that scoreline, bloody shame we couldn't hold out for the win.
We seem to be a second half team.
We need to take this performance into News Years Day.

Oh come on you can moan better than that. Take the manager apart man a draw against your (breath taking team) deserves instant dismissal. Were you in attendance? or were you so disgusted with Boxing Day you didn't bother
CE said they are a great team.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2018, 07:25:00 AM »
YC,

I don't know if anyone can say really whether there has been any 'positive improvement' since the first five games. But then maybe we were a bit lucky at the start - perhaps some of the opposition were below par and maybe we were over achieving. Who knows ?

My view on this though is that I don't expect continuous improvement. I would like it, as no doubt we all would, but I'm realistic. We're not talking about Jurgen Klopp here - this is Craig Elliott - part time football manager I am led to believe and school PE teacher who is in his first  full season at managing at this level. On that basis I expect just as many lows as highs as he finds his feet and that translates as just as many defeats as victories. Anything better than that is a bonus this season. Maybe we all raised our expectations after the great job he did last season and the way we started this season - and with the recruitment of some excellent signings in the summer (on paper at least).

This could be so much worse. Imagine being a York City fan or Guiseley for example, who have both been up there and are now below us. This isn't a time for a Mourinho style witch hunt. Let's keep the faith and keep behind the Club and put our trust in the manager. I don't think he set out with the intention of using so many players - it's just a consequence of the summer signings not working out and he's now trying hard to make amends (I'd rather he did that than do what Murray did and stick to his guns as we sank to the bottom - YC - you backed him big time remember). CE will have learnt a hell of a lot this season so far. Its a steep learning curve. Let's enjoy the victories but not get too despondent when we put in an 'Alfreton Boxing Day' performance.

TEP

youngchubby69

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2018, 08:46:43 AM »
YC,

I don't know if anyone can say really whether there has been any 'positive improvement' since the first five games. But then maybe we were a bit lucky at the start - perhaps some of the opposition were below par and maybe we were over achieving. Who knows ?

My view on this though is that I don't expect continuous improvement. I would like it, as no doubt we all would, but I'm realistic. We're not talking about Jurgen Klopp here - this is Craig Elliott - part time football manager I am led to believe and school PE teacher who is in his first  full season at managing at this level. On that basis I expect just as many lows as highs as he finds his feet and that translates as just as many defeats as victories. Anything better than that is a bonus this season. Maybe we all raised our expectations after the great job he did last season and the way we started this season - and with the recruitment of some excellent signings in the summer (on paper at least).

This could be so much worse. Imagine being a York City fan or Guiseley for example, who have both been up there and are now below us. This isn't a time for a Mourinho style witch hunt. Let's keep the faith and keep behind the Club and put our trust in the manager. I don't think he set out with the intention of using so many players - it's just a consequence of the summer signings not working out and he's now trying hard to make amends (I'd rather he did that than do what Murray did and stick to his guns as we sank to the bottom - YC - you backed him big time remember). CE will have learnt a hell of a lot this season so far. Its a steep learning curve. Let's enjoy the victories but not get too despondent when we put in an 'Alfreton Boxing Day' performance.

TEP
Thanks for the positive non abusive and constructive reply, it's really appreciated.
I do agree with you totally on your comments, the frustration is clearly evident with everyone concerned at the club over the way this season had gone so far.
I think yesterday was a turning point for this team, we were unlucky to have not win, l am though confused at the reply to my post by OXO as l didn't post anything negative, and many others criticised CE and doubted his ability to manage in this league, but he singled me out only to criticize.
Then of course his mate's join in as per normal but that's our they are.
I am quite aware who OXO is and the work he does for the club and supporters, which l commend totally.
But l do feel that he has to accept that other people do not share his point of view on players or managers at this club, all supporters have the right to voice their opinions as paying fan's.
Many of us are very loyal fans in different ways, many of us cannot travel to away games as we have family and work commitments or simply cannot afford to.
Many of us cannot actively get involved with the club in a volunteering or fundraising capacity for the same reasons.
We do though keep coming through those turnstiles, buying shirts and merchandise, golden goal tickets etc.
Yesterday I had 5 guests with me all paying full admission prices to sit down, they don't normally go but decided to come and watch as neutral supporters and they enjoyed it very much.
But again thank you for your comments TTT it's much appreciated
Happy New Year to you and your family.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2018, 10:42:35 AM »
What a shame we couldn't hold on. At half time I thought we were in debt to our keeper for only being 1 down. Second half and 2 quick strikes later, we looked a different team for 20-25 minutes, and I really thought we might hold on. To take nothing away from BPA, they played well, but the way their fans celebrated rescuing a single point, showed they realized they'd had a game yesterday. I have to say the addition of Jay Rollins gave us an extra something up top, which helped MOM Allott, but it did leave us needy in midfield again with only Abbott and Costello, sorry, Abbott and Thanoj in there! Onwards to Alfreton to avenge our Boxing Day defeat. See you all there.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2018, 11:09:37 AM »
YC69,
You started thread with a negative again and had to eat humble pie, believe me I have eaten a lot.

This year is far from perfect, yes we have lost too many games, You seem to expect success from CE this year and it is not going to happen.
We have a revolving door system and have used 40 plus players but what if CE and his team just sat and went with the players signed in the summer, and what if we had a chairman who said you signed them so play them.

You want a reply to the Alfreaton game?
Job done by a very good manager, they came for a 0-0 draw got an early goal and spoilt the next 84 minutes, would you like to watch these big money signings every week ? Obviously not happy and miss the proper Boxing Day clashes of the past.

Bully? when have I used strength or influence against you?
I only used the word Drivel because I thought Crap was to demeaning of a fellow supporter.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2018, 12:59:34 PM »
YC,

TEP
Thanks for the positive non abusive and constructive reply, it's really appreciated.
I do agree with you totally on your comments, the frustration is clearly evident with everyone concerned at the club over the way this season had gone so far.
I think yesterday was a turning point for this team, we were unlucky to have not win, l am though confused at the reply to my post by OXO as l didn't post anything negative, and many others criticised CE and doubted his ability to manage in this league, but he singled me out only to criticize.
Then of course his mate's join in as per normal but that's our they are.
I am quite aware who OXO is and the work he does for the club and supporters, which l commend totally.
But l do feel that he has to accept that other people do not share his point of view on players or managers at this club, all supporters have the right to voice their opinions as paying fan's.
Many of us are very loyal fans in different ways, many of us cannot travel to away games as we have family and work commitments or simply cannot afford to.
Many of us cannot actively get involved with the club in a volunteering or fundraising capacity for the same reasons.
We do though keep coming through those turnstiles, buying shirts and merchandise, golden goal tickets etc.
Yesterday I had 5 guests with me all paying full admission prices to sit down, they don't normally go but decided to come and watch as neutral supporters and they enjoyed it very much.
But again thank you for your comments TTT it's much appreciated
Happy New Year to you and your family.

You want Elliott sacking and made it very clear following the Alfreton game. You commented that the referee should have plenty of room in his book to record all the Bradford goals prior to this game, hardly encouraging. I don't want him sacking I believe he will be successful with us given time and my recent comment was a dig at you suddenly after the game making a positive comment. I do accept that other people do not always agree with my views but I don't cry about it. So you "know who I am and what I do for the club and fans" What the hell as that got to do with anything I don't hide behind that and certainly don't seek your praise. I don't know who you are and frankly don't care. I will in the spirit of friendship stop commenting on any of your future posts. 

youngchubby69

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2018, 01:22:36 PM »
Very sorry to offended you.

youngchubby69

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2018, 01:23:31 PM »
YC69,
You started thread with a negative again and had to eat humble pie, believe me I have eaten a lot.

This year is far from perfect, yes we have lost too many games, You seem to expect success from CE this year and it is not going to happen.
We have a revolving door system and have used 40 plus players but what if CE and his team just sat and went with the players signed in the summer, and what if we had a chairman who said you signed them so play them.

You want a reply to the Alfreaton game?
Job done by a very good manager, they came for a 0-0 draw got an early goal and spoilt the next 84 minutes, would you like to watch these big money signings every week ? Obviously not happy and miss the proper Boxing Day clashes of the past.

Bully? when have I used strength or influence against you?
I only used the word Drivel because I thought Crap was to demeaning of a fellow supporter.
Very sorry to of offended you.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2018, 10:18:40 PM »
A few snaps from the game on a public Facebook Photo Album:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10156959183039282&type=1&l=b2fb08425c

and a selection of snaps for those that don't do Facebook:

http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/bradfordparkavenue291218.html

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2019, 08:03:31 PM »
Fair result in the end if I’m honest and very entertaining. George messed up for the first goal then second half once again was a game changer they were quality first half.  My only negative is Nicks form first half couldn’t trap it or influence the game and generally just gave it away and what I didn’t like abused his team mates whereas BPA seemed a team that were together.   But Mel is right a point before the game you would have taken. Nice touch at end with players applauded off as I think the work ratio warranted it.  Craig is perhaps struggling a bit but he’s learning at this level so no real criticism from me as I think another season will see the end result.  Liverpool gave Koop time what do they know.
Bit unfair on George as it took a glance on way through that changed flight of ball, wasn't a free kick anyway and was taken 10yds from where it should off been.
Sorry old chap, but don't want to stir the pot.
Just looked at the highlights on the goggle box and the ball went straight in, think poor old George got his position all wrong, perhaps though his view may have been obscured by the giants in front of him, but some excellent saves through the game though chin chin.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2019, 12:09:01 AM »
Fair result in the end if I’m honest and very entertaining. George messed up for the first goal then second half once again was a game changer they were quality first half.  My only negative is Nicks form first half couldn’t trap it or influence the game and generally just gave it away and what I didn’t like abused his team mates whereas BPA seemed a team that were together.   But Mel is right a point before the game you would have taken. Nice touch at end with players applauded off as I think the work ratio warranted it.  Craig is perhaps struggling a bit but he’s learning at this level so no real criticism from me as I think another season will see the end result.  Liverpool gave Koop time what do they know.
Bit unfair on George as it took a glance on way through that changed flight of ball, wasn't a free kick anyway and was taken 10yds from where it should off been.

Sorry Fishtoft I was wrong it did in fact go straight in, I must have a visit to specsavers.
Young Chubby or what ever your called today? I'm eating my pie.
Sorry old chap, but don't want to stir the pot.
Just looked at the highlights on the goggle box and the ball went straight in, think poor old George got his position all wrong, perhaps though his view may have been obscured by the giants in front of him, but some excellent saves through the game though chin chin.