Author Topic: Time to recall?  (Read 15044 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Time to recall?
« on: December 27, 2018, 11:45:03 AM »
Just spoke to an official who did King's Lynn V Lowestoft yesterday. He reckons Marriot is too good for them. He scored 3 yesterday and is keeping Limb on the bench. CE should recall or get Limb they can't be any worse than we have?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Time to recall?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 11:47:39 AM »
How do you recall someone on a permanent transfer?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 11:49:19 AM »
Never realised we sold him? Did we get much money for him?

delbar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 12:16:12 PM »

free transfer

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 12:16:25 PM »

Had his contract cancelled here so I doubt we got anything.

From a recruitment perspective, this season has been one to forget.

youngchubby69

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 12:46:49 PM »
 : Marriott is not the answer to our problems, we need a clever midfielder who can link up and feed our forward players, and can score goals, now didn't we send one out on loan who fits that description, yes l remember now Grant Roberts was his name.

youngchubby69

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 12:49:32 PM »
Oh didn't we have an experienced powerful and strong forward who could hold up the ball and allow others to play off him, Westcar was his name.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 12:50:53 PM »
Trouble is Elliott didn't play to Marriott's strengths.  Long ball play with no tall striker to lay the ball to Marriott.  Does Elliott not realise just because a player scored a lot of goals for a team higher up in the pyramid it doesn't mean they will continue to score if the set up is wrong. 

The standard of play at York Street has largely been dreadful to watch this season - and that wouldn't be so bad if we won all the matches.

We certainly aren't good enough to move up a league - but I doubt we will get the chance to find out this season.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 12:55:42 PM »
Trouble is Elliott didn't play to Marriott's strengths.  Long ball play with no tall striker to lay the ball to Marriott.  Does Elliott not realise just because a player scored a lot of goals for a team higher up in the pyramid it doesn't mean they will continue to score if the set up is wrong. 

The standard of play at York Street has largely been dreadful to watch this season - and that wouldn't be so bad if we won all the matches.

We certainly aren't good enough to move up a league - but I doubt we will get the chance to find out this season.

Spot on. You could say the same about Arnold as well - regardless of any doubts about his general attitude, quite simply with the way Boston were set up he was never going to be a success here. They both showed flashes of ability but they weren't the right fit for Elliott's style.

Unless there's a spectacularly sudden turnaround in the next couple of weeks, we'll be well off the playoff pace and will have made absolutely no progress whatsoever from a year ago. In fact we'll have gone backwards. This is turning out to be one of the most disappointing seasons I can remember as a Boston fan considering how high hopes were back in August.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 01:17:10 PM »
I do question Elliott's tactics and do wonder if he isn't out of his depth.

Fans aren't going to continue to pay to watch the sub-standard entertainment being served up at most home matches.

Most fans can see what the team needs - so why can't the manager?

Bad day at the office is becoming a far to frequent experience and has to stop otherwise he may find he only has one job instead of two - as the attendances start to fall off.

youngchubby69

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 01:43:05 PM »

Fans aren't going to continue to pay to watch the sub-standard entertainment being served up at most home matches.

Bad day at the office is becoming a far to frequent experience and has to stop otherwise he may find he only has one job instead of two - as the attendances start to fall off.
Paul Hurst is still available as far as l know.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 01:53:18 PM »
Has Grant Roberts been getting many games at Hyde? If so then it may be worth bringing him back to provide another option in midfield.

youngchubby69

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2018, 02:43:26 PM »
Has Grant Roberts been getting many games at Hyde? If so then it may be worth bringing him back to provide another option in midfield.
Played 15 times this season for them and scored once.
Interesting to see that John Mcombe has played 27 time's and scored 5 times.
Another one who CE couldn't make anything of.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2018, 03:20:49 PM »

Paul Hurst is still available as far as l know.

Hurst will get another job in in league football.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2018, 04:05:30 PM »

Spot on. You could say the same about Arnold as well - regardless of any doubts about his general attitude, quite simply with the way Boston were set up he was never going to be a success here. They both showed flashes of ability but they weren't the right fit for Elliott's style.

Unless there's a spectacularly sudden turnaround in the next couple of weeks, we'll be well off the playoff pace and will have made absolutely no progress whatsoever from a year ago. In fact we'll have gone backwards. This is turning out to be one of the most disappointing seasons I can remember as a Boston fan considering how high hopes were back in August.

Of Craigs 40 signings  Davies probably the only real success , as Pete B suggests probably Marriott & Arnolds failure was down to Craig lack of tactical knowhow .  Wih one success in 40 signings its going to take a long time to build a team !
Last season success was down to Keane , Hemmings , Rollins and Thompson .
This season as said we have gone backwards , the only progress I can see is while many of us doubted him Geo Willis has turned into a good goalie .
Of the six above players 3 were signed by Murray and one by Greene .

None of us like hoofball played by CE or Billy Heath but credit were it's due yesterday Heath proved a bit of science has to be applied to make hoofball  successful .

« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 04:08:56 PM by green hats mate »