Author Topic: Time to recall?  (Read 15253 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Time to recall?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 04:50:40 PM »

None of us like hoofball played by CE or Billy Heath but credit were it's due yesterday Heath proved a bit of science has to be applied to make hoofball  successful .

You mean like the goalkeeper not kicking the ball in the direction of the shortest player (Max) on the pitch - that's not science, it's common sense!!

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 05:38:44 PM »
I agree with most of what you say, but I think Arnold and Marriott and Margetts attitude was dreadful. If you have the talent (which they are supposed to have) they should have made a contribution at this level but you do have to put a bit of effort in!

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2018, 06:23:13 PM »
I'll just repeat what I've said in here many times

Two years ago Murray had a squad starting to assemble which had Kalern Thomas, Shane Clarke, Marcus Marshall, Josh Robinson, Tom Batchelor, Jan Yeomans, Ross Durrant, Gregg, Charlie Gatter, Maguire, Gordon, Burgess etc etc

AM got rid of some of them, some left of their own accord but many slagged the group off on here for not being good enough. Maybe they lacked in quality, but they made up for it in effort and the current squad is no better than they were, costs lots more money and doesn't have their fight

No progress in 24 months on the field in my view

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2018, 07:23:31 PM »
I do question Elliott's tactics and do wonder if he isn't out of his depth.

Fans aren't going to continue to pay to watch the sub-standard entertainment being served up at most home matches.

Most fans can see what the team needs - so why can't the manager?

Bad day at the office is becoming a far to frequent experience and has to stop otherwise he may find he only has one job instead of two - as the attendances start to fall off.
Paul Hurst is still available as far as l know.

Hurst will get another job in in league football.

Now the Chesterfield job as become available he will settle for NAT CON .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2018, 07:54:32 PM »
Hurst did a very good job in League One last season, his stock is still higher than Chesterfield's. Oldham maybe...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2018, 08:08:06 PM »
Hurst did a very good job in League One last season, his stock is still higher than Chesterfield's. Oldham maybe...

Will Oldham's playing budget in Div 1 match that of £27k a week of Chesterfield ?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2018, 08:22:17 PM »

Will Oldham's playing budget in Div 1 match that of £27k a week of Chesterfield ?

Oldham are League Two.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2018, 09:10:11 PM »

Oldham are League Two.
I would imagine there will be another vacant position at Notts County very shortly, because they have just realised that they have made huge mistake in not appointing him as manager.

youngchubby69

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2018, 09:14:02 PM »
PILGRIMS ATTACKERS THIS SEASON: Adam Marriott P 9 (8+1) G 1; Nathan Arnold P 10 (10+0) G 3; Jonny Margetts P 6 (4+2) G 0; Andre Johnson P 10 (2+8) G 3; Nicky Walker P 23 (19+4) G 6; Craig Westcarr P 6 (1+5) G 0; Max Wright P 15 (9+6) G 3; Ahkeem Rose P 4 (3+1) G 2; Gregg Smith P 6 (5+1) G 1; Gavin Allott P 11 (11+0) G 5; Jordan Slew P 10 (4+6) G 2; David Parkhouse P 3 (0+3) G 0; Danny Rowe P 4 (1+3) G 0; Jordan Thewlis P 1 (0+1) G 0; Jay Rollins P 5 (0+5) G 0.

Read more at: https://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/football/boston-united/lack-of-top-striker-costing-boston-united-says-manager-craig-elliott-1-8751096

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2018, 09:35:30 PM »

Oldham are League Two.

Correct ,  I would think Oldham's budget is smaller than Chesterfields even though they are in a higher league .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2018, 10:16:41 PM »
PILGRIMS ATTACKERS THIS SEASON: Adam Marriott P 9 (8+1) G 1; Nathan Arnold P 10 (10+0) G 3; Jonny Margetts P 6 (4+2) G 0; Andre Johnson P 10 (2+8) G 3; Nicky Walker P 23 (19+4) G 6; Craig Westcarr P 6 (1+5) G 0; Max Wright P 15 (9+6) G 3; Ahkeem Rose P 4 (3+1) G 2; Gregg Smith P 6 (5+1) G 1; Gavin Allott P 11 (11+0) G 5; Jordan Slew P 10 (4+6) G 2; David Parkhouse P 3 (0+3) G 0; Danny Rowe P 4 (1+3) G 0; Jordan Thewlis P 1 (0+1) G 0; Jay Rollins P 5 (0+5) G 0.

Read more at: https://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/football/boston-united/lack-of-top-striker-costing-boston-united-says-manager-craig-elliott-1-8751096

Above ….15 strikers ...26 goals .

Last seasons 3 rejects  Beesley ,  Bishop and Tshamango have amalgamated 40 goals this season ..

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2018, 07:12:11 AM »
It's quite a bizarre response from Craig E to blame our dearth of goals/loss of vital points on the lack of a clinical finisher!! As the Standards article shows he has employed an embarrassing amount of strikers already this season. Craig seems oblivious to the fact that he's signed these strikers? He handed out the contracts! I mean it's not like when DG replaced Dayle with Fairhurst/Lamin; CE had used a dozen strikers b4 Christmas? Craig was a good CF himself why couldn't he get a Goalscorer out of all those failures HE signed?

youngchubby69

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2018, 07:32:43 AM »
It's quite a bizarre response from Craig E to blame our dearth of goals/loss of vital points on the lack of a clinical finisher!! As the Standards article shows he has employed an embarrassing amount of strikers already this season. Craig seems oblivious to the fact that he's signed these strikers? He handed out the contracts! I mean it's not like when DG replaced Dayle with Fairhurst/Lamin; CE had used a dozen strikers b4 Christmas? Craig was a good CF himself why couldn't he get a Goalscorer out of all those failures HE signed?
He just doesn't give them enough time to settle in and find there scoring touch.
It is really gob smacking to see how many he has used under his tenure at Boston.
He just doesn't seem to know how to get the best out of them, which is really bewildering considering he was once a centre forward.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2018, 09:10:52 AM »
I understand various factors make recruitment tricky for Boston, regardless of who they're managed by, but Den (for all his faults) managed to put together a team that was by today's standards very settled and also really quite good. So it's not impossible. It's very telling that we're now beholden to the likes of Harrogate Town for short-term loan deals (or not) - it shows things are slightly chaotic and day-today. Non-league is edging that way for sure, but getting a settled squad nailed down early is one way you can gain an edge over teams like us, who failed to do so when the weather was warm.

Recruitment and retention simply has to get better, simple as that - and we have to start getting better at getting our summer signings right. It did for Den two years ago and it's doing for Craig now. Trying to fix July's mistakes in mid-season is extraordinarily difficult.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2018, 09:32:35 AM »
I think we have to make chances before we can blame strikers for not scoring.........