Author Topic: V Alfreton  (Read 13730 times)

delbar

• View Profile
Re: V Alfreton
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2018, 10:31:09 PM »
Well l said a while ago that CE was out of his depth, and l am sorry to say that I have not seen anything that has changed my mind.
Many of you will come back at me for sure, but can you all honestly say that you really have confidence in his tactics and player selection and happy with him.
The only thing that is saving him from the sack is his performance last season, but l am afraid that will soon be coming to an end.
I said that we would be in trouble when other teams started finding form and consistency, well it's happening and we are now loosing serious ground on the top 7.
Let's face it who the hell leaves himself so short of players over the festive season, he is relying on loan players to much.
The simple truth is that this team is not good enough along with its manager.
But before you all fire back at me, tell me how we have improved as a team since the first five games of the season.

I think unfortunately you are right, this team lacks real quality, and the recruitment issues have to lie at the fault of the manager, this is his team, the team that started the season and were replaced was also his team. I hope in a few months all us doubters are wrong and eating humble pie but cannot see it personally. 4 subs for a home fixture, our best current striker Andre Johnson awol.

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 12:53:28 AM »
Have to agree with what's been said today show how inept we are. Manager has very little touch with realism and have a feeling that this is not a happy bunch of players. In this league this season anybody can beat anyone such is the mediocrity and we are not safe by a long way. Hold on for a rocky ride.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2018, 09:18:33 AM »
Disappointed at the result in front of a big crowd, but they were a very fit Billy Heath team, with spoiling tactics drilled into them. The tactics worked perfectly for them, but it would have been a different game if big Gav had been up front on the end of the hoof ball. Hopefully he's back for the BPA game, but we need a bit more creativity in midfield so maybe another spin of that revolving door is required to replace Agnew.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2018, 09:29:45 AM »
Wish I had some of the rose tinted glasses some BUFC fans got for Christmas. We’ve more chance of heading into the league below than the one above with this manager. I was one of us who saw play offs as a must this season with the budget Craig has got, I’m afraid we won’t make it, let’s face it how does this team compare with the Mills, Garner, Pidge, Felix, Southwell team that Dennis had, not sure any of this side would get in that team and we fell short then.

delbar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2018, 09:42:04 AM »
Disappointed at the result in front of a big crowd, but they were a very fit Billy Heath team, with spoiling tactics drilled into them. The tactics worked perfectly for them, but it would have been a different game if big Gav had been up front on the end of the hoof ball. Hopefully he's back for the BPA game, but we need a bit more creativity in midfield so maybe another spin of that revolving door is required to replace Agnew.

A very fit Billy Heath team, no reason we cant be a very fit team and i would rather have seen us play like that with a bit of fight and metal about us, like last season when it was us bullying other teams.

I am not convinced about a single striker, we have, or have had at the club this season including Gav.

youngchubby69

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2018, 09:51:00 AM »
And if that lot isn't depressing enough I think Johnny Margetts will be returning from his loan next week .
He will fit in nicely with the bunch we have here.

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2018, 10:20:24 AM »
I think the trouble is we don't have a team . We have a squad of players who hardly know who they will be playing with week to week. I feel sorry for Davis the one class player we have

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2018, 12:33:47 PM »
Wish I had some of the rose tinted glasses some BUFC fans got for Christmas. We’ve more chance of heading into the league below than the one above with this manager. I was one of us who saw play offs as a must this season with the budget Craig has got, I’m afraid we won’t make it, let’s face it how does this team compare with the Mills, Garner, Pidge, Felix, Southwell team that Dennis had, not sure any of this side would get in that team and we fell short then.

Get some rose tinted glasses like mine Bodge ,  I've got mine on at the moment and it looks good for Craig , 
at least he hasn't  got other teams sniffing round eyeing up which of his players they will poach at the end of the season! ;)

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2018, 12:40:19 PM »
At the core of all 3 of our play-off teams have had a consistent spine, Pearson, Church, Newsham in 10-11 and Pidge, Garner and Southwell in 14-16. Every time we’ve threatened to have a consistent team they’ve either been injured or moved on elsewhere.

This revolving door is unlikely to get us anywhere other than mid table inconsistency.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2018, 01:50:26 PM »
I think the trouble is we don't have a team . We have a squad of players who hardly know who they will be playing with week to week. I feel sorry for Davis the one class player we have

Would that be the same Davis who gave away the goal?

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2018, 02:22:48 PM »
We couldn't handle the Billy Heath spoilers so, assuming the door is starting to revolve,  who do you think will be the next going out on 'loan'?  ???

youngchubby69

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2018, 02:45:46 PM »
We couldn't handle the Billy Heath spoilers so, assuming the door is starting to revolve,  who do you think will be the next going out on 'loan'?  ???
It will be Ben Davis or Ashley Jackson as they are the best 2 players we have IMO.
It won't be any of the trusted few that's for sure.

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2018, 04:03:26 PM »
So Oxo we forget all the good work he does and pick up on one of the few mistakes he makes. If we have problems with him then I think we are in very serious trouble.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2018, 05:20:21 PM »

Oh, that budget again please tell us what it is so we can all have a pop.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2018, 05:47:26 PM »
Pushing for promotion budget as somebody posted pre season!