Author Topic: V Alfreton  (Read 13728 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
V Alfreton
« on: December 26, 2018, 02:46:14 PM »
Team - no Agnew. Signed on loan for York. But disappointed we couldn't keep him.

TEP

steve m

• View Profile
Re: V Alfreton
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 03:54:19 PM »
Half time.....absolute tripe! Hope Craig can put a bomb under them!

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 05:24:47 PM »
I think it is Elliott that  needs the bomb
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 07:11:28 AM by Chelsea »

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 05:48:32 PM »
What was the final score?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 05:53:05 PM »
The manager being referenced by his surname..... Not looking good

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 06:01:23 PM »
Biggest crowd of the season and we couldn't get one shot on target in 90 minutes, let alone fashion a victory. I've waited to listen to the Radio Lincolnshire post match interview with CE before I've posted, and I have to say he's had a bit too much of the Christmas tipple. He's focussed on who we couldn't field, rather than what those he did field did (or didn't) do. Okay, so Liam Agnew's loan has expired and (in CE's words) Gav Allott texted he kept being sick (on Boxing Day? hmmm?), but their replacements just didn't have the same effect, and those around them reverted to huffing and puffing with no end result. CE said in his interview that Billy Heath brought his usual game, so how come we set up to play the long ball to a guy who can't head it? Heath must have thought Christmas had come again! We played straight into his hands, and CE suggests knew it was coming? Had it not been for an unbelievable point blank save from GW, the game could have been dead and gone in the first half. The only other glimmer of something positive for me came when Jay Rollins came on. As least he tried to make something happen, despite little end result. What's happened to Andre Johnson? Have I missed him leaving? On the back of that comment, we only named 4 subs. It's becoming a shambles. I've stuck up for CE recently, but another abject performance against another average side, and I'm starting to lose the will....Bah Humbug!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 06:13:56 PM »
Good points made. It was a terrible performance. Defence was outfought. Why play a midfielder at centre back against a huge strike force, when we have a central defender on the bench? Abbot and Thanoj were too slow, lost possession and went backwards. Slew never bothered. So disappointed bringing visitors to see the game and watching that spineless tripe. I have been a supporter of the manager, but Craig, you have a big problem pal.

youngchubby69

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2018, 06:19:04 PM »
Biggest crowd of the season and we couldn't get one shot on target in 90 minutes, let alone fashion a victory. I've waited to listen to the Radio Lincolnshire post match interview with CE before I've posted, and I have to say he's had a bit too much of the Christmas tipple. He's focussed on who we couldn't field, rather than what those he did field did (or didn't) do. Okay, so Liam Agnew's loan has expired and (in CE's words) Gav Allott texted he kept being sick (on Boxing Day? hmmm?), but their replacements just didn't have the same effect, and those around them reverted to huffing and puffing with no end result. CE said in his interview that Billy Heath brought his usual game, so how come we set up to play the long ball to a guy who can't head it? Heath must have thought Christmas had come again! We played straight into his hands, and CE suggests knew it was coming? Had it not been for an unbelievable point blank save from GW, the game could have been dead and gone in the first half. The only other glimmer of something positive for me came when Jay Rollins came on. As least he tried to make something happen, despite little end result. What's happened to Andre Johnson? Have I missed him leaving? On the back of that comment, we only named 4 subs. It's becoming a shambles. I've stuck up for CE recently, but another abject performance against another average side, and I'm starting to lose the will....Bah Humbug!
Very true summing up, a very poor performance with no passion and commitment in the first half, yes they tried in the second half but the miss from Slew from 5 yard's out was poor beyond belief.
Like you say TTT were has Johnson gone, and Craig's interview was very worrying, he keeps going on about not having a decent front line, but that's not true, we have had good forwards at the club this season, and l am seriously beginning to think CE hasn't got a clue on how to manage them and get them playing well.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2018, 07:00:33 PM »
And if that lot isn't depressing enough I think Johnny Margetts will be returning from his loan next week .

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2018, 08:10:45 PM »
And if that lot isn't depressing enough I think Johnny Margetts will be returning from his loan next week .
that'll fix everything then!!!!!!!!!!!

John Bunyan, 1684

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2018, 08:37:17 PM »
4 subs - really poor especially as playing at home. Still, moving on, we will have, assuredly, a different XI for the next fixture - so fingers crossed for a better result at the weekend.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

youngchubby69

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2018, 09:13:00 PM »
Well l said a while ago that CE was out of his depth, and l am sorry to say that I have not seen anything that has changed my mind.
Many of you will come back at me for sure, but can you all honestly say that you really have confidence in his tactics and player selection and happy with him.
The only thing that is saving him from the sack is his performance last season, but l am afraid that will soon be coming to an end.
I said that we would be in trouble when other teams started finding form and consistency, well it's happening and we are now loosing serious ground on the top 7.
Let's face it who the hell leaves himself so short of players over the festive season, he is relying on loan players to much.
The simple truth is that this team is not good enough along with its manager.
But before you all fire back at me, tell me how we have improved as a team since the first five games of the season.

natmic 66

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2018, 09:57:10 PM »
this manager is out his depth end of!...……….we huffed and puffed and hoofed.. tactics nil..sorry they were bad we were worse.....

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2018, 10:01:44 PM »
Well l said a while ago that CE was out of his depth, and l am sorry to say that I have not seen anything that has changed my mind.
Many of you will come back at me for sure, but can you all honestly say that you really have confidence in his tactics and player selection and happy with him.
The only thing that is saving him from the sack is his performance last season, but l am afraid that will soon be coming to an end.
I said that we would be in trouble when other teams started finding form and consistency, well it's happening and we are now loosing serious ground on the top 7.
Let's face it who the hell leaves himself so short of players over the festive season, he is relying on loan players to much.
The simple truth is that this team is not good enough along with its manager.
But before you all fire back at me, tell me how we have improved as a team since the first five games of the season.
admittedly I was a poster who said your negative comments towards getting rid of CE were somewhat premature a few weeks ago, but the way things are going is starting to pose some issues that soon could need addressing. I've been somebody who believes he should be afforded time, but the early season promise is becoming a distant memory, and mid table mediocrity seems a likely endgame. Before anyone mentions it, yes (i have said it), I would take that over where we were when he joined, but he's not built on the decent foundations he laid during the second half of last season. His tenure seems a little like the Quadrant ground development. It's stop, start, stop, start, and most likely will be built eventually, but I wouldn't bet on CE being the manager of the first home game there.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 12:53:49 AM by The Third Twin »

John Bunyan, 1684

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2018, 10:03:40 PM »
No creativity or ball winners in midfield. Defence that were all over the place. A non existent threat in front of goal. Surely Craig knew what we were facing today, all Heaths teams are big, fouling Cnuts, they intimidatie the ref, waste time etc. We were lucky to only lose 1 nil.

I’m afraid Craig’s been found out, his best players last season he didn’t sign and the 50 odd we’ve seen this year are no better. Play offs seem unlikely at this time and crowds will soon start to dwindle. 3 of us won’t be stood out in the freezing cold watching that crap week in week out.