Author Topic: Game off  (Read 8409 times)

C.B.

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Game off
« on: December 22, 2018, 09:13:05 AM »
Called off

youngchubby69

Re: Game off
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 09:34:12 AM »
Called off
Didn't they have a problem with their pitch last season, or am l mistaken.
I know we had a fiasco with one of those teams from up there, l think there was a broken down bus issue also.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 09:39:05 AM »
The cheating scumbags. Look at my post on the prediction post.  My friend who plays non league told me last week that this game will not take place due to injuries.  They did this two years ago with the bus fiasco.  They should be banned.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 09:40:27 AM »
Looks like my predictor guess of P-P with attendance 0 is a good shout then!!!!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 09:42:08 AM »
Yes it looks like they are at it again, and what the conference do about them, absolutely nothing like last season.

Home - The Non-League Football Paper

Home / Latest News / Spennymoor Town address pitch issues following Kidderminster Harriers postponement

youngchubby69

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 09:43:05 AM »
Yes it looks like they are at it again, and what the conference do about them, absolutely nothing like last season.

Home / Latest News / Spennymoor Town address pitch issues following Kidderminster Harriers postponement
Sorry the link doesn't work.

youngchubby69

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 10:06:09 AM »
The cheating scumbags. Look at my post on the prediction post.  My friend who plays non league told me last week that this game will not take place due to injuries.  They did this two years ago with the bus fiasco.  They should be banned.
How the hell are they getting away with this time after time, they now will have the home advantage on a Tuesday night.
With our players being part time, and there's being full-time, ours will have to travel up after work.
It's not like it's a one off thing them postponing game's, they should be made to forfeit the points, or made to play it on a neutral ground.
Or banned from this league like you said.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2018, 10:49:10 AM »
Says called off by ref after pitch inspection this morning, I wonder how many of the management were in his ear whilst he was conducting his inspection  :police:
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2018, 10:49:44 AM »

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/24959/spennymoor-town-address-pitch-issues-following-kidderminster-harriers-postponement/
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2018, 11:20:31 AM »

Got myself all ready for the long trip up there and then this. You are right Mick far more to this than meets the eye. Surely repeating the antics of last season cannot be brushed under the carpet yet again by the powers that be, they should not just be kicked out of the league but out of football altogether, I know if it was us we would probably be deported as well.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2018, 11:31:29 AM »

Got myself all ready for the long trip up there and then this. You are right Mick far more to this than meets the eye. Surely repeating the antics of last season cannot be brushed under the carpet yet again by the powers that be, they should not just be kicked out of the league but out of football altogether, I know if it was us we would probably be deported as well.

My mate said they played Barwell last week in the trophy and the manager had to play due to injuries.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 11:40:35 AM by Dipdodah »
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2018, 11:34:08 AM »

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/24959/spennymoor-town-address-pitch-issues-following-kidderminster-harriers-postponement/

Well if that isn't biggest load of crap and deceit ever put out by any football club. I am not a groundsman but know enough to spot a load of bunkum when I see it, they talk about how they have invested in drainage and have verti drained etc etc making it sound to the gullible that thousands have been invested when it clearly has not. No spending on the problem but plenty for playing budget. Disgraceful.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2018, 11:48:47 AM »
Some months ago BUSA purchased a new tool for our groundsman, designed to remove excess water from pitches during the winter months. Meanwhile, the Spennymoor website states that their pitch is waterlogged from standing water from last weekend.

Questions:

(1) As the technology exists to remove excess water, why shouldn't it be a ground grading criteria at our level that all clubs have this?

(2) As Spennymoor have had a long standing issue with their pitch, shouldn't they have already looked into purchasing what we now have?

(3) If the water has been standing since last weekend, couldn't they have hired one of these gadgets over the past few days? Or borrowed one from another club?

(4) If there's been standing water since last weekend, why wait until the day of the game before having a pitch inspection? I know some of our fans are now out of pocket through buying advance rail tickets. But after what went on last year with the broken down bus debacle, do Spennymoor give even a moment's thought to supporters?

youngchubby69

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2018, 12:06:48 PM »

Thanks P86 , I seem to be having some technical issues.
Must be waterlogged line lol.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2018, 12:36:18 PM »
From drone problems to drain problems!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/