Author Topic: Let the King's Lynn fans in for free on Boxing Day  (Read 39163 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Let the King's Lynn fans in for free on Boxing Day
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2009, 09:02:46 PM »
What is this Staffsmart you speak of?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2009, 09:05:33 PM »
oooppppssss, jeeeez soz...FANTASY ISLAND jibberjabber thingy...ok YORK STREET

linnet1963

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2009, 09:59:23 PM »
just like to say thanks to the many BUFC fans on there kind gesture for trying to allow kings lynn season ticket holders entry to the boxing day game.
i was already considering coming to a few games as i geograpically live between the two clubs.
i was a bit aprehensive as to how you peeps would see this , but after reading your comments i think it would get me back to non league football and id still be supporting a local club , think you might find that your comments could sway more linnets to come watch.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2009, 11:01:52 PM »
As a season ticket holder I would like to see the KL ticket holders allowed in for free.

Lady GaGa

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2009, 11:42:17 PM »
Another season ticket holder here with no objections.

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2009, 11:52:19 PM »
A season ticket holder here too who would love to see this offer made.

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2009, 11:59:08 PM »
Free in home areas of the ground.
Charge them double if they want to go in with Stocksbridge.

Shodfried

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2009, 07:22:41 AM »
How many season ticket holders do we have? 500?

Whats the average gate? 1150-1200?

So about 600+ people who pay every week.

What about starting a campaign for them to get in free too, its their money every week or so that keeps a steady flow of cash coming into the club.

My view is letting the KL fans in for free even as a one off is a slap in the face for those people who turn up every week and hand over their tenner to support football in the town. I'd be pretty pissed off I I was going every game and paying my way and the bloke who was stood next to me making a one off visit with no affinity to our club was getting in for nothing.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2009, 08:21:26 AM »
How about a scheme that lets the King's Lynn season ticket holders in for free on Boxing Day along with Shodfried & family as a thank you for his recent fundraising efforts and to stop him being "Mr Grumpy" over Christmas.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 10:07:27 AM by Ken Fox »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2009, 09:25:12 AM »
How many season ticket holders do we have? 500?

Whats the average gate? 1150-1200?

What about starting a campaign for them to get in free too, its their money every week or so that keeps a steady flow of cash coming into the club.

My view is letting the KL fans in for free even as a one off is a slap in the face for those people who turn up every week and hand over their tenner to support football in the town. I'd be pretty pissed off I I was going every game and paying my way and the bloke who was stood next to me making a one off visit with no affinity to our club was getting in for nothing.

It's ONE game. If 200 of them turn up, it bumps our average up, and hopefully they'll be more inclined to buy a programme, a pie, a pint, etc.. extra money we wouldn't be getting. If 50 of them then turn up for more of our games, then that's more money for us.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2009, 09:35:46 AM »
Can anyone on hear honestly say they haven't got in at a footy game for free at least once. In our FL days I got a freebie at Rochdale. There is a bigger picture here if we let KL fans in for free it might encourage them to come back for more who knows? I can see were AB is coming from but, as  a one off and, as a season ticket holder I have no problem with it. It's a bit like collecting for the homeless I have a house but I would still chuck a couple of quid in the bucket.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Lady GaGa

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2009, 09:52:21 AM »
For one game only the positives far outweigh any negativity. Some people have made the comment about others not helping us,so why should we help them?? As has been said before their situation is somewhat different to ours! My stance on this is:-
        a) Two wrongs don't make a right  and
        b) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!!

Plus along with Tash have had freebies on more than one occasion(not many more lol) and genuinely been very appreciative of the gesture.

les

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2009, 01:28:26 PM »

I too am one of those who pay every week, (I have not got a season ticket as I normally am away for half the season), but I was one of the first to endose the idea. I would be overjoyed to think that the person next to me was at the club for the first time in the home crowd. This is Christmas and supposedly a time of goodwill, so an act of charity to those who are currently suffering a feeling of bereavement, on a one off basis seems a laudably thing.

I will not be able to attend on boxing day, as I said in an earlier post I will be near the other Boston with two of my daughters.

I admire your commitment to the club Shodfried with your donation to the club of the sale proceeds of your signed shirt, (I did bid on it even though I did not want it, when I thought it was too cheap), so if you really feel so aggrieved by this idea, which well may not come to fruition, I would be happy to go to the ticket office and buy you a ticket for the boxing day game and let you collect it. Just say if you want me to do this.     

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2009, 02:40:46 PM »
Its now official just read it on OS.   Once again BOSTON U doing the right thing,at the right time. I really hope this reaches out to all those KING LYNN fans,i know its not the same as supporting your own but....WELL DOWN BOSTON UNITED and PROUD

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2009, 03:15:49 PM »
Well done David Newton & co on a fabulous gesture,I am sure the Lynn fans will appreciate it.The fact that their are Boston fans who can't afford to come every week is a shame,but a seperate issue to this I think.Sadly whatever the economic climate there will always be some who can't afford to come.I would imagine that there will be Lynn fans who will not come,if only because of the petrol costs involved.That said,all the Club could do was make the offer,and I for one applaud them for it.
P.S. Shodfried(Andy),if you do come Boxing Day,come in the Pilgrims Lounge before the game.I'll buy you a pint-you never know,it might make you feel all warm and fuzzy and Christmassy. ;D