Author Topic: Let the King's Lynn fans in for free on Boxing Day  (Read 39294 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Let the King's Lynn fans in for free on Boxing Day
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 06:48:01 PM »
Being wound up means you have no football club - end of story.

I'm not sure what relevance the Evans years have on this issue really, but even if we take that into account I'm surprised to see Andy is against the idea since he seems painfully aware of the damage done to our reputation by Evans tec, and has spent a lot of time over the years reminding us how much everyone hates us.

It would be a small gesture from the club to Kings Lynn fans who have already paid for a half season of football they are never going to see. It would cost us nothing except the time the ticket office would spend issing tickets to Lynn fans brandishing season tickets, and I'm sure only a small number of them would take up the offer anyway. It would just be nice to see the offer being made.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2009, 07:02:39 PM »
Being  wound up means they will start up with only day to day runnig expences and wages to budget for and only a peppercorn rent to pay.  Chestnuts had huge bills , skelitons jumping out of the cuboard and ground rent of apprx 3k a game. I know which position i would prefer to be in . Mentioned Evans has some people though he had the contacts to help with  fund raising in our hour of need.

Lady GaGa

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2009, 07:03:37 PM »
Know for sure  the subject has been brought to the attention of/ and discussed by our board but am unaware of the outcome. Still very pleasing they are at least considering it.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2009, 07:08:55 PM »
Being  wound up means they will start up with only day to day runnig expences and wages to budget for and only a peppercorn rent to pay.  Chestnuts had huge bills , skelitons jumping out of the cuboard and ground rent of apprx 3k a game. I know which position i would prefer to be in . Mentioned Evans has some people though he had the contacts to help with  fund raising in our hour of need.

Are you seriously suggesting you would have preferred that United ceased to exist?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2009, 07:18:19 PM »
If we had the same conditions as the new Lynn restart , yes.  No rent , no depts , no ground upkeep sounds good to me . They will start two leagues lower but with good management will be in step 3 in a couple of years with a bit of luck.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2009, 07:19:05 PM »
Yes Lady Ga, it shows that the mean spirited, money grabbing years are behind us, and we have now entered a more compassionate era...business-like compassion, of course  8)
There will always be the echoes of Evans' influence coming back to haunt us though  :'(

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 09:28:21 PM »
Having spoken to David Newton prior to the Trust AGM and asked him consider the above his reply was "The Board are considering but we also have to think about what the reaction of our season ticket holders would be, but we will consider it".
As you say it is first class when a club chairman can be approached like this and I am grateful that he and Chris took the time out on a busy match day to support the meeting and answer questions from the floor openly and honestly. These people are wholly worthy of our support.

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 09:34:52 PM »
Having spoken to David Newton prior to the Trust AGM and asked him consider the above his reply was "The Board are considering but we also have to think about what the reaction of our season ticket holders would be, but we will consider it".
As you say it is first class when a club chairman can be approached like this and I am grateful that he and Chris took the time out on a busy match day to support the meeting and answer questions from the floor openly and honestly. These people are wholly worthy of our support.

if the board was already considering this before you asked him it would lead me to think that this forum does actually get read by officials at the club that or soemone had already asked.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2009, 09:41:47 PM »
we also have to think about what the reaction of our season ticket holders would be

This is the only real stumbling block I think. I would hope that as a one-off gesture, and with the offer extended to Lynn season ticket holders only, that our ticket holders would not begrudge our board throwing open the doors. But you never know. And it is only right they are considered, since they have forked out hard earned cash for their tickets.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2009, 12:12:30 PM »
Difficult one for the chairman, as a season ticket holder i have no objection to the idea but as Shodfried says it seems unfair that Lynn fans are admitted free and the likes of himself who has contributed generously over the years and are feeling the pinch are not.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2009, 04:05:21 PM »
Spoke to one or two around me on Sat who all thought it a good idea.
Any one in the middle geographically might decide to carry on coming for the rest of the season

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2009, 06:51:43 PM »
Speaking as a season ticket holder,I certainly have no objection.It's a one off,under circumstances unlikely to happen again.I'm not sure that many would come anyway,we're not their club,but those that do may buy a programme,buy a pint(or two) in the pilgrims lounge and use the catering facilities within the ground,all of which is much needed additional income.

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2009, 07:46:44 PM »
I'm a season ticket holder and I think it's a fantastic idea. I can't imagine many would have a problem really.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2009, 08:19:21 PM »
I hope we do it too, for all the reasons people have mentioned above...

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2009, 08:48:23 PM »
What a fantastic idea and what a great way for us the supporters who have been to hell and back supporting BOSTON,to offer our fellows down the A17 admission to STAFFSMART for whatever deal we can suggest.Lets put on record that BOSTON UTD fans are eager for this to happen and after beeing loathed in certain quarters of fooball fraternity,do it gladly...and as a season ticket holder  fully endorse this. This might not mean much to most of their fans but if only 1 take up the offer what a success!!!...