Author Topic: Let the King's Lynn fans in for free on Boxing Day  (Read 39350 times)

linnet1976

• View Profile
Re: Let the King's Lynn fans in for free on Boxing Day
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2009, 04:51:11 PM »
Thanks very much for the offer, much appreciated.

I won't be there as already going to another game but am sure some Lynn fans will turn up.

That's the thing about non-league football......could never see it happening further up the pyramid!

freiston fan

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2009, 04:58:55 PM »
Great move.Once again hats off to a forward thinking chairman.

Bob Lee

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2009, 05:15:57 PM »
0 CHO MEALLT, will you buy me one too? ;D  I will bring the Irish firewater ;)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2009, 05:23:52 PM »
Good!Has anybody noticed who actually suggested this idea on Boston United Facebook?A certain BBC radio presenter!Why doesnt he get the Lincoln City FC do the same.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2009, 05:26:56 PM »
0 CHO MEALLT, will you buy me one too? ;D  I will bring the Irish firewater ;)
O.K. Bob-it's a deal ;)

Shodfried

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2009, 05:37:35 PM »
How about a scheme that lets the King's Lynn season ticket holders in for free on Boxing Day along with Shodfried & family as a thank you for his recent fundraising efforts and to stop him being "Mr Grumpy" over Christmas.  ;D

I'll pay my way Ken, if I can't afford to come I don't come. I'm in the situation I'm in by buying things I couldn't afford, its a hard lesson but in future we'll buy things as we can afford them, not for the sake of having them.

Its a great gesture by the club to the Lynn fans, lets hope its a gesture replicated to home fans in the not too distant future too.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2009, 06:06:32 PM »
For the first time in many a year, I will be able to tell people that I am a Boston United supporter with a modicum of pride. Well done all concerned. It's a shame that a club had to fold for this to come about. Sympathy and respect to those across The Wash.

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2009, 06:30:16 PM »
I'm opposed to anyone getting in for free.

Cock ::)

These people below seem happy enough. I couldn't find one person in this thread against the idea.

Difficult one for the chairman, as a season ticket holder i have no objection to the idea

Speaking as a season ticket holder,I certainly have no objection.

I'm a season ticket holder and I think it's a fantastic idea.

As a season ticket holder I would like to see the KL ticket holders allowed in for free.

Another season ticket holder here with no objections.

A season ticket holder here too who would love to see this offer made.

as a one off and, as a season ticket holder I have no problem with it.

I too am one of those who pay every week, (I have not got a season ticket as I normally am away for half the season), but I was one of the first to endose the idea. I would be overjoyed to think that the person next to me was at the club for the first time in the home crowd. This is Christmas and supposedly a time of goodwill, so an act of charity to those who are currently suffering a feeling of bereavement, on a one off basis seems a laudably thing.

I'm not sure what relevance the Evans years have on this issue really, but even if we take that into account I'm surprised to see Andy is against the idea since he seems painfully aware of the damage done to our reputation by Evans tec, and has spent a lot of time over the years reminding us how much everyone hates us.

I would like to add my 100 thumbs up to what Pete B has said. A.B constantly tells all on here that we are the most hated team around yet doesn't want to do something good. I pay to watch Boston per game due to being in the armed forces (due to the fact I could be sent away at the drop of a hat) but would still be pleased to give another Football fan the chance of watching a match (maybe that fan is feeling the pinch too) for free while I pay my £10. Its all been mentioned already but it is the season of goodwill and now Boston United have been mentioned on the BBC Teletext and Website for this generous offer which can only show the club in a positive way.

Shodfried

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2009, 06:37:46 PM »

Nice one, when all else fails let resort to insults. I was waiting to see who'd be the 1st, thanks for stepping up to the plate.

Merry Xmas.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2009, 07:04:57 PM »
whats the feed back about this then from the lynn fans

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2009, 07:11:32 PM »

Nice one, when all else fails let resort to insults. I was waiting to see who'd be the 1st, thanks for stepping up to the plate.

Merry Xmas.
You're also sticking one up the KL fans, by not agreeing to letting them in for free for ONE GAME, which just happens to be BOXING DAY, the day after Christmas Day itself.

You're always the first to bemoan anything that goes against the club, and then blame it on one certain individual, but the club have done something to be proud of, but you can't bring yourself round to congratulate them on the gesture.

Merry Christmas
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

les

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2009, 07:30:36 PM »
whats the feed back about this then from the lynn fans

They seem genuinely grateful for the offer although one say's can't afford the petrol, and others have made alternative arrangements but if just one comes it will be a success and the publicity won't do any harm.

Shodfried

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2009, 07:32:14 PM »
How about a scheme that lets the King's Lynn season ticket holders in for free on Boxing Day along with Shodfried & family as a thank you for his recent fundraising efforts and to stop him being "Mr Grumpy" over Christmas.  ;D

Its a great gesture by the club to the Lynn fans, lets hope its a gesture replicated to home fans in the not too distant future too.

Missed this in your haste to have a pop did you 'PILGRIM86'?

WHAT ABOUT SOME MODERATION ON THIS FORUM MR FOX AND THE MODERATORS?

IS THIS KIND OF PETTY ABUSE REALLY NECESSARY?

THERE'S 3 PAGES OF VALID ARGUMENTS WITHOUT RESORTING TO INSULTS, HOW ABOUT PULLING A FEW UP EH MODS?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 07:34:40 PM by Shodfried »

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2009, 08:39:22 PM »

These people below seem happy enough. I couldn't find one person in this thread against the idea.

Difficult one for the chairman, as a season ticket holder i have no objection to the idea

Speaking as a season ticket holder,I certainly have no objection.

I'm a season ticket holder and I think it's a fantastic idea.

As a season ticket holder I would like to see the KL ticket holders allowed in for free.

Another season ticket holder here with no objections.

A season ticket holder here too who would love to see this offer made.

as a one off and, as a season ticket holder I have no problem with it.

I too am one of those who pay every week, (I have not got a season ticket as I normally am away for half the season), but I was one of the first to endose the idea. I would be overjoyed to think that the person next to me was at the club for the first time in the home crowd. This is Christmas and supposedly a time of goodwill, so an act of charity to those who are currently suffering a feeling of bereavement, on a one off basis seems a laudably thing.

I'm not sure what relevance the Evans years have on this issue really, but even if we take that into account I'm surprised to see Andy is against the idea since he seems painfully aware of the damage done to our reputation by Evans tec, and has spent a lot of time over the years reminding us how much everyone hates us.

I would like to add my 100 thumbs up to what Pete B has said. A.B constantly tells all on here that we are the most hated team around yet doesn't want to do something good. I pay to watch Boston per game due to being in the armed forces (due to the fact I could be sent away at the drop of a hat) but would still be pleased to give another Football fan the chance of watching a match (maybe that fan is feeling the pinch too) for free while I pay my £10. Its all been mentioned already but it is the season of goodwill and now Boston United have been mentioned on the BBC Teletext and Website for this generous offer which can only show the club in a positive way.

seconded......apart from the cock bit.............

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2009, 08:41:13 PM »

I think you're missing the point a little bit mate. The King's Lynn season ticket holders have paid for a season of football that they now cannot see, so as a gesture of goodwill we're letting them see one of ours for free.

The Boston fans who cannot afford it, well that's a shame, but they haven't paid for something that they now aren't getting.

Do you see the difference?