Author Topic: York City  (Read 14663 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: York City
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2018, 08:19:43 PM »
Watching York yesterday they played like  a real tin pot team  ,  if you didn't know you would not recognise they were a full-time team on big wages  .   

Their fans are entitled to complain .

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2018, 08:47:18 AM »
York were absolutely abysmal. Disappointed we only won 2-0.

youngchubby69

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2018, 09:03:41 AM »
They are obviously have huge problems at York City on and off the field.
With a new stadium being built you would have thought things would be buzzing there.
The problems have been going on for years at the club, and from what was on show yesterday, you could easily see them getting relegated again, based on the lack of fight and commitment from the players.
The manager is doing the blame game and his public slagging off of the players wasn't smart.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2018, 06:43:27 PM »
With a new stadium being built you would have thought things would be buzzing there.
The problems have been going on for years at the club, and from what was on show yesterday, you could easily see them getting relegated again, based on the lack of fight and commitment from the players.
The manager is doing the blame game and his public slagging off of the players wasn't smart.

They had struggled in League 2 for a few years; however appointing Jackie McNamara Manager in 2015 threw them into financial freefall. Unable to keep them in the FL in his first season, during the following summer he was given an open cheque book to get them back in League 2. Around 20 players given lucrative 2 yr deals, this only brought another relegation to the CN. Falling attendances, mounting debts, massive contract pay outs to numerous unwanted players, a royal mess. The supporters community trust rejected a local companies attempt to finance the club pre season after McNamara ( who was sacked as manager in 2017 & promoted to Chief Executive?) was forced out, along with the Chairman. A York fan I worked with recently said they are in "financial meltdown & the slide is way from over".

youngchubby69

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2018, 09:50:36 PM »

They had struggled in League 2 for a few years; however appointing Jackie McNamara Manager in 2015 threw them into financial freefall. Unable to keep them in the FL in his first season, during the following summer he was given an open cheque book to get them back in League 2. Around 20 players given lucrative 2 yr deals, this only brought another relegation to the CN. Falling attendances, mounting debts, massive contract pay outs to numerous unwanted players, a royal mess. The supporters community trust rejected a local companies attempt to finance the club pre season after McNamara ( who was sacked as manager in 2017 & promoted to Chief Executive?) was forced out, along with the Chairman. A York fan I worked with recently said they are in "financial meltdown & the slide is way from over".
Really not good news Champs, so they could be sat in a new stadium but bankrupt.
Didn't they get a parachute payments from being relegated from the FL, or doesn't that apply to that league.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2018, 04:41:47 AM »
Yes YC, as with all relegated League 2 clubs York City received a £472,0000 parachute payment for their fated season in the Conference. Last season in the CN they received a further parachute payment of £236,000. Not forgetting during their final season in League 2; as with all other clubs in that Division, they would have received a £472,000 Premier League basic award + a £430,000 Premier League solidarity payment.

youngchubby69

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2018, 06:36:17 AM »
Yes YC, as with all relegated League 2 clubs York City received a £472,0000 parachute payment for their fated season in the Conference. Last season in the CN they received a further parachute payment of £236,000. Not forgetting during their final season in League 2; as with all other clubs in that Division, they would have received a £472,000 Premier League basic award + a £430,000 Premier League solidarity payment.
OMG I am shocked, what the hell have they done with all that money, we and many more clubs like us can only dream of such funds.
If they have squandered all of that money they deserve to go bankrupt.
When some non-league are being wound up in the high court for debt's of less than £100k it's really disgusting that clubs like York get this kind of money.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2018, 08:38:22 AM »
Yes and we got nothing >:(
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2018, 06:52:37 PM »
But we did get The Chestnuts, and they would seem to be providing a more likely decent future for our club than all the parachute payments have for York. I know which camp I'd sooner be in. UTP.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2018, 10:41:31 PM »
But we did get The Chestnuts, and they would seem to be providing a more likely decent future for our club than all the parachute payments have for York. I know which camp I'd sooner be in. UTP.

Totally agree, let's be honest we would have been history without them. They have guided us through stormy waters & steadied the Pigrims ship. Also given us a solid foundation to build on, not boom & bust.

youngchubby69

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2018, 12:21:27 AM »

Totally agree, let's be honest we would have been history without them. They have guided us through stormy waters & steadied the Pigrims ship. Also given us a solid foundation to build on, not boom & bust.
Totally agree with you Champs, they have done a great job.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2018, 09:00:52 AM »
I meant in parachute payments.  If I remember right, payments were withheld  due to debts owed within football.  These debts came nowhere near the amount we should have received.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late