Author Topic: York City  (Read 14680 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: York City
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2018, 07:00:36 PM »
Worked hard today....thought Max Wright was excellent, defence played well, Agnew excellent until he tired, but despair with Abbot who gave the ball away or went backwards.

How dare you?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2018, 07:01:58 PM »

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2018, 07:35:00 PM »
I cannot believe a home fan calling a player crap we win two nil against a team like York and don’t focus on the positive. Head your head I’m shame. Perhaps it wasn’t his best game but focus on George on top of his game max who I wasn’t a fan of but has turned me round. Great result.   Shocking attitude

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2018, 08:20:16 PM »
I just hope that CE sets up to try to win the game.
Me too. He needs a win, that's for sure. As i said on another post, our last 5 league games have only yielded 2 points, only Nuneaton have less in that time.
thank goodness for that then! 3 much needs points in the bsg, a decent performance and a clean sheet. Well done all round. Midfield looks much better with 3 in it, and Max Wright has put in another cracking display. No wonder Wafula and Hine have been let go, neither could get anywhere near  Max's quality today.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Greengrass

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2018, 08:40:51 PM »
I cannot believe a home fan calling a player crap we win two nil against a team like York and don’t focus on the positive. Head your head I’m shame. Perhaps it wasn’t his best game but focus on George on top of his game max who I wasn’t a fan of but has turned me round. Great result.   Shocking attitude

"A team like York".....ffs they were crap. The standard of football in this league this year is very very poor 😘

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2018, 08:43:07 PM »
Can anyone explain what the York GK had done to incur the wrath of the Town End in such a pointed way?

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2018, 08:46:13 PM »
Yes, I'd like to know too!

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2018, 08:53:40 PM »
Perhaps but focus on the postive a win clean sheet rather than slate our own player.  Best you watch more Bt sport I guess you never have a bad day at work. I stick but more comment crap comment. 

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2018, 09:04:39 PM »
I much prefer a bloke saying "it's a good thing your not going to the pub after this" to me after the end of the game because I questioned his need to slag the ref off. I couldn't care less if she got some things wrong (personally think she wasn't as bad as the last time she reffed our game) especially when we came out with 3 points and a great team display, clap the team off (which strangely he didn't do?) and celebrate them instead of focusing on the negatives. No need for the effing and jeffing or the threat.

Greengrass

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2018, 09:06:12 PM »
Yes, I'd like to know too!

So this is the level we are at, where everyone is more interested  in off field antics than the game 😭

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2018, 09:19:33 PM »
 :-*
Can anyone explain what the York GK had done to incur the wrath of the Town End in such a pointed way?
I believe he was accused of spitting at our fans last season. They remembered and gave him a warm welcome.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2018, 09:25:56 PM »
:-*
I believe he was accused of spitting at our fans last season. They remembered and gave him a warm welcome.

Yep, was at the final whistle away last season.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2018, 05:05:06 AM »
Happy Chubby tonight.
Well done everyone.

youngchubby69

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2018, 05:34:19 AM »
Just watched York City's manager Sam Collins slag his player's off for 10 minutes on his post match interview.
Looks like he has got a real team spirit going on.
Never heard anything like it, he just moans on about how bad the players are, but doesn't mention once that it might actually be the fact that he got his tactics wrong or Boston just were better than them.
What a complete cock.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2018, 09:47:49 AM »
Just watched York City's manager Sam Collins slag his player's off for 10 minutes on his post match interview.
Looks like he has got a real team spirit going on.
Never heard anything like it, he just moans on about how bad the players are, but doesn't mention once that it might actually be the fact that he got his tactics wrong or Boston just were better than them.
What a complete cock.
they must have some serious issues! I remember last year after we'd beaten them, despite the fact they were about 6th, their fans were all over their chariman/manager/team saying that they had collectively ruined the club and it's the worst they'd ever known it. It's good to know that despite what's been a bit of a topsy turvy campaign, we are in a better place than they are, in every sense of the word.

John Bunyan, 1684