Author Topic: away v Chorley  (Read 3239 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
away v Chorley
« on: December 01, 2018, 03:56:16 PM »
Leading 1 - 0 at half-time thanks to a fine break from the Pilgrims culminated in Walker advancing on the left flank to fire the ball beyond Urwin, at his near post, from 18 yards.
United we stand..................

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: away v Chorley
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 04:55:55 PM »
FT 1-1 a good point away.

youngchubby69

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 05:05:17 PM »
Good result and a massive step in the right direction.
Well done to everyone.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 07:07:43 PM »
Great result. I said two weeks ago that positive results against Ashton and Chorley and the confidence will start to return. YC hopefully you may now cut CE some slack. Two weeks can make all the difference.

TEP

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 07:23:20 PM »
Great result. I said two weeks ago that positive results against Ashton and Chorley and the confidence will start to return. YC hopefully you may now cut CE some slack. Two weeks can make all the difference.

TEP
I'm firmly a believer that we are good enough for the playoffs, but we do need to build on these results. The last 5 league games have only yielded 2 points. We need a couple of wins back to back to propel us back into the playoff places.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 12:00:16 PM »
It usually requires an average of over 2 points a game to be in with a shout of automatic promotion and around 1.5 to get in the play-offs.
The league is tight and only Chorley average 2 points a game now and have only picked up 4 in their last 5 matches.

Our current average is less than 1.4 per game, not helped by us getting only 2 points out of the last 5 games.
Leaving aside all of the above, Craig hits the nail on the head when he says we need to start winning a few games now and we have a really tough Dec to get through, including that Wrexham cup game.

Good result against Chorley yesterday though.
United we stand..................