Author Topic: Durham  (Read 2974 times)

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
Durham
« on: December 11, 2009, 11:47:04 AM »
Durham have been charged by the FA. Not sure what the punishment will be but it's fairly nailed on that they are guilty as they reported themselves.

From a Evening Chronicle Website press release:

CRISIS club Durham City face disciplinary action from the FA after they were charged with playing an ineligible player in the UniBond Premier Division games at Bradford Park Avenue and King’s Lynn.

Rock bottom Durham played new signing Josh Home-Jackson in both games – a 7-1 defeat at Bradford and an 11-0 mauling at King’s Lynn.

Jackson had been sent off for previous club Chester-le-Street Town, landing a three-match ban which included the two away games.

To compound matters, and sure to increase the punishment from the FA, Home-Jackson played under a false name in both games.

The former Sunderland trainee has also been charged by the FA and faces a probable fine and suspension under FA rule E10, but Collings has claimed responsibility.

He said: “As manager, the buck stops with me. We only had 13 players in both games, and that included three 16-year-olds and two goalkeepers.

“Our secretary Danny Day, who has since resigned, had not received notification that Home-Jackson was suspended and we took a gamble.

“It was wrong to play him under a false name and I hold my hands up to that, but we were not seeking an advantage as we expected to lose both games, which we did heavily.

“We were down to the bare bones but I have accepted the reprimand from the club and the imposed two-week touchline ban.”

The docking of points by the FA would be ironic as Durham City have yet to pick up one in their opening 20 games.

A club statement said: “After an internal investigation the club reported itself to the Durham FA and took strong disciplinary action against the manager, Lee Collings, and assistant Richard Ord.

“Both Durham City and the individuals concerned deeply regret these incidents and have made a number of organisational changes to ensure that such actions are never repeated.”

Collings, who has taken Durham City to consecutive promotions and is working without payment this season, has been given a first and final written warning by the club.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Durham
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 12:08:42 PM »
Will the FA consider the King's Lynn game, given that game has been wiped from the records and technically never happened....?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 12:15:35 PM »
Generally, with abandoned games (there I assume expunged games), disciplinary matters such as bookings are still counted, yet goals aren't. I'm only guessing, but I would imagine they'll still count the rule-break..
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 03:23:45 PM »
If they did dock points that would be hilarious.

But I reckon common sense should prevail and just get a warning, i mean, its not as if they gained an advantage, the still lost 11-0

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 03:42:42 PM »
If they did dock points that would be hilarious.

But I reckon common sense should prevail and just get a warning, i mean, its not as if they gained an advantage, the still lost 11-0

Oh, come on! The FA are dealing with a non-league club here, they don't use common sense for us lesser mortals! They'll probably fine them out of existence and dock points and warn them as to their future conduct