Author Topic: FA Trophy  (Read 14921 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
FA Trophy
« on: November 24, 2018, 02:42:05 PM »
Nuneaton today take a 15 man squad that includes 3 goalies to Brackley .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: FA Trophy
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 03:10:36 PM »
They might need 3 keepers to stop Brackley scoring
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 03:28:45 PM »
We are away at Ashton Utd and already 2 - 0 up.  Goals from Max Wright on 5mins and Nicky Walker on 18.
United we stand..................

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 03:36:25 PM »
We are away at Ashton Utd and already 2 - 0 up.  Goals from Max Wright on 5mins and Nicky Walker on 18.

You spoke too soon. It's 4-0 now!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 03:43:35 PM »

And Walker has now scored a hat-trick.
[/quote]

Correction:  Wright 2 and Walker 2.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 05:00:14 PM by Cavalier »

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 03:52:49 PM »
wright 2 ?
walker 2 ?

Wow what a 1st half performance, domination.
what a differance having Agnew a midfielder to compliment Abbot and Thonj at last.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 03:55:54 PM »

And Walker has now scored a hat-trick.

2 each for Wright and Walker.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 04:20:40 PM »
And 1 for Allott.

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 04:23:10 PM »
I am looking fwd to OXO's report and the CE interview already

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2018, 05:09:54 PM »
At last.. Sounds like 3 in midfield and Wright wide on the right.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2018, 05:14:35 PM »
I am looking fwd to OXO's report and the CE interview already

I'm hoping he went and says it was a marvellous performance even though he can't stand Ashton's ground.

When the draw was made he said "Is anything likely to happen to lift our spirits. Really don't think I can make another effort to go to that dismal soulless dump so soon after the last trip."

Today's result will have cheered him up.  Well done to all and just reward for our fantastic away supporters.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2018, 06:28:20 PM »
Great win. OK, it's 'only' the FA Trophy but a win is a win. After last week it's just what we needed. Not so many on here at 5.15pm today slating CE.

TEP

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2018, 07:45:16 PM »
Very pleased for the lads to get a big win. And to hear that Jay is back!

youngchubby69

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2018, 08:21:31 PM »
Hmmm Nice

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2018, 08:37:26 PM »
I will begin by saying what a joy it was to return to a ground of outstanding natural beauty. Suppose I had better start at the beginning and what a beginning it was, after two minutes a great ball from young Max to Nicky who should have scored despite a great tackle back by their lad. Not to worry as the ball was played through mid field and out again wide again and when it came inside there was young Max to slam it home. What do we do now? do we tighten up and hold out for 70 minutes? Halaleuja! we keep piling forward again through the mid field and beautiful passing puts Nicky through to flick it over the keeper for another lovely goal. Surely they will now consolidate, oh no they won't, again through mid field and out to Max who comes inside across their defence and slots a stupendous goal. The whole team appear to be on cloud nine and a lovely ball to the back post finds Gav who heads it back across goal for Nicky to nod in. It was an excellent first half full of great passing and hard work by every single one. Second half produced just one goal but what a goal it was with Andy Thanoj hitting a beautiful pass from the edge of his own box diagonally some 40 yards on to the toe of Ash who took it in his stride and put a superb ball across on to to the head of a diving Gav Allot who powered it into the top corner, a goal to challenge Qualters on this ground for goal of the season. Very unlucky not to have a 6th When Davies hit the angle of post and crossbar with a cracking free kick. So who was man of the match? it is difficult to say as every single one put on the style and gave it everything however, Liam Agnew took the mid field by the scruff of the neck inspired Abbott and Thanoj to give their best displays of the season and what a prospect young Max is. I sincerely hope this is the turning point of the season and Craig plays the same team next week and going forward.  UTP