Author Topic: FA Trophy  (Read 14938 times)

youngchubby69

Re: FA Trophy
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2018, 03:13:35 PM »
FA Trophy 1st Round draw to be played on Sat 15th Dec

Wrexham v Boston United
A certain Boston legend in Mr Shaun Pearson awaits then. Am sure he will receive a good reception from the travelling fans. A good tie, although flashbacks to that day when we got relegated from the football league by them will always be in the heart.
Yes l agree a very sad and frustrating day that was, but a tremendous appreciation and applause from the Wrexham fans at the end of the match for us.
I remember a kind lady Wrexham supporter giving me a hug and wiping away my a tear from my cheek after the game.
We will though have to mark and block Shaun off at set pieces as we all know how good he is at scoring goals from them.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2018, 03:21:35 PM »

Wrexham v Boston United
A certain Boston legend in Mr Shaun Pearson awaits then. Am sure he will receive a good reception from the travelling fans. A good tie, although flashbacks to that day when we got relegated from the football league by them will always be in the heart.
Yes l agree a very sad and frustrating day that was, but a tremendous appreciation and applause from the Wrexham fans at the end of the match for us.
I remember a kind lady Wrexham supporter giving me a hug and wiping away my a tear from my cheek after the game.
We will though have to mark and block Shaun off at set pieces as we all know how good he is at scoring goals from them.
Agreed, he will be a handful at set pieces and no doubt will score. I mean, just how many returning players do this to their previous clubs. I should get a bet on it, after all...I won a small fortune backing Pearson as a first scorer/anytime scorer during his time with us. One of the best CB's ever to wear our shirt in my opinion.

youngchubby69

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2018, 04:04:25 PM »

Wrexham v Boston United
Agreed, he will be a handful at set pieces and no doubt will score. I mean, just how many returning players do this to their previous clubs. I should get a bet on it, after all...I won a small fortune backing Pearson as a first scorer/anytime scorer during his time with us. One of the best CB's ever to wear our shirt in my opinion.
He definitely was, what a pairing he would have made with Ellander or Allan White.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2018, 04:16:17 PM »

Wrexham v Boston United
He definitely was, what a pairing he would have made with Ellander or Allan White.

He will be to busy being run ragged by Gav Allott. Well as much as I would have loved to go to this game I will be in the sun that week booked it because it was the date for second round and didn't think we would be in it however, It is a game the lads can go into without pressure likewise our fans, would really suit if they could get a replay. It should also put a quid or two in the coffers.  UTP.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2018, 06:48:45 PM »

Wrexham v Boston United

He will be to busy being run ragged by Gav Allott. Well as much as I would have loved to go to this game I will be in the sun that week booked it because it was the date for second round and didn't think we would be in it however, It is a game the lads can go into without pressure likewise our fans, would really suit if they could get a replay. It should also put a quid or two in the coffers.  UTP.
it's be good to take them to a replay. I don't think they'd fancy the long trip midweek! (Or am I grasping at straws?)
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2018, 07:17:07 PM »

Wrexham v Boston United

it's be good to take them to a replay. I don't think they'd fancy the long trip midweek! (Or am I grasping at straws?)
We can beat them, away from home and no pressure on to win.
Nice to be the underdog s for once.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2018, 08:43:39 PM »

Wrexham v Boston United

We can beat them, away from home and no pressure on to win.
Nice to be the underdog s for once.
should get some reasonable odds on a Boston win.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2018, 09:10:45 PM »
Let them worry about us. The past is the past.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2018, 09:07:31 PM »
Hopefully they'll rest everyone, put a really scratch side who play like a load of strangers and we turn them over
Imagine you'll get 3 or 4/1 on us to qualify

Hopefully we arrange to finish it on the day. A replay won't do either any good and will not bring much money in....

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2018, 09:08:11 AM »
Hopefully they'll rest everyone, put a really scratch side who play like a load of strangers and we turn them over
Imagine you'll get 3 or 4/1 on us to qualify

Hopefully we arrange to finish it on the day. A replay won't do either any good and will not bring much money in....

We should get at least 6/1.  But you are right Josh up to 4/1 is the best you will get.  If Betfair run a market you will get a bigger price, but on the exchange, not the sports book.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2018, 04:13:26 PM »
This Sat. Wrexham are home to Newport County (4th in Div.2).  The game starts at 8pm. so assume CE and our coaches can get a good look at them after our match at Chorley.
United we stand..................

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2018, 07:09:26 PM »
This Sat. Wrexham are home to Newport County (4th in Div.2).  The game starts at 8pm. so assume CE and our coaches can get a good look at them after our match at Chorley.

It's also on telly (BT Sport)
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/