Author Topic: New ground?  (Read 12787 times)

youngchubby69

Re: New ground?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2018, 08:24:48 PM »
The problem is you can't see much as the brushes and trees obscure the view from the A16.

Brushes? Are we using a sweeper system?
A road sweeper with big bushes on the motor that you can see through brushes.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2018, 03:24:50 PM »
Would a no deal Brexit mess things up for the Chestnuts. House prices could fall by 40%.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2018, 03:50:49 PM »
Would a no deal Brexit mess things up for the Chestnuts. House prices could fall by 40%.

It would be built by now if it wasn't for Brexit.
United we stand..................

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2018, 04:24:26 PM »
Boston would be in division 2 if it was not for Brexit ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2018, 04:41:25 PM »
Oh I see!  Blame Brexit if there's no ground then!

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2018, 09:06:03 PM »

Just saying it as it is.
United we stand..................

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2018, 08:13:47 AM »

Just saying it as it is.

I thought the chairman had intimated the weak pound meant the steel was more expensive. The weak pound is due to Brexit. So it's not disingenuous to link the two.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2018, 10:42:57 AM »
Had a conversation this morning to a local councillor and mentioned the ground. I asked him if he thought the ground would be built. Surprised he wasn't very optimistic... I hope so he replied.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 02:04:23 PM by kingofnaves »

youngchubby69

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2018, 10:15:40 PM »
Now let's not start getting all very sceptical about the ground, let's look at the facts so far.
The ground works and piling work is taking place already.
Retail units are starting to be built.
Work has clearly not stopped on the Quadrant site, my friend is working 6 days a week plumbing on there.
The chairman has already said we have the money for the stadium to be built, but not yet the community gym, unless funding has been approved now.
Don't want to be disrespectful to councillor's but they IMO are very much like politicians, not very reliable and never answer questions with a straight answer.
Not all are like that but so many are, there were many parish councillor's that were against it from the start, and categorically said the plans would never get passed.
This stadium is being built by a club that has no assets to offset the build costs, so to achieve this was always going to be hard drawn out affair.
Let's not forget that the council has put in place clauses that ensures that the stadium will be built, or the Quadrant doesn't progress unless they are met.
David Newton has not let us down so far and l can't see why people think that he would let us down now.
It would destroy his reputation and damage his buissness considerably in the community and with the council.
Let's all relax and remember that we have a cracking ground already, yes it very much depends on the Malkinson family how much longer we remain there,but this is a family that love's BUFC and without them this club would not have what it has now, yes many will argue that we are in the position we are now because of the financial miss management in the past.
But we also could have been playing our football at Boston Town or some ground outside of Boston, like Kettering do.
Brexit is Brexit and l don't see how that will change what we are trying to achieve, l am sure Theresa May had bigger fish to fry than worrying about pulling funding for our stadium.
Everything is pure speculation and remains that until it actually comes into being fact.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2018, 11:23:04 PM »

Just saying it as it is.

I thought the chairman had intimated the weak pound meant the steel was more expensive. The weak pound is due to Brexit. So it's not disingenuous to link the two.

Trump's 25% tariffs have caused an increase in the price of steel. 
The pound was overvalued and was bound to drop in value anyway, with or without a Brexit vote.
It is disingenuous to intimate that the increase in the price of steel is entirely due to Brexit, which is obviously why our chairman chose not to.
Once again our chairman is shown to be a man of honour and integrity.  :police:

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2018, 10:03:26 AM »
The chairman's complaint about steel prices pre-dated Trump's imposition of steel tariffs by about, oooh, two years.... ish.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2018, 11:29:34 AM »
So pre-referendum steel prices.  Although the pound dropped in value just after the vote, the price of steel didn't suddenly increase.
It was widely expected that an adjustment in the value of the pound was due with or without a Brexit vote.
The chairman has recently repeated his comments on steel prices, and no mention of Brexit.

Don't let inconvenient facts get in the way of Project Fear though, why change the habits of the the last 2+ years?  :police:

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2018, 02:56:01 PM »
I wonder what odds you could get on us not being in the new ground within 5 years pretty good I reckon.

youngchubby69

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2018, 04:49:24 PM »
I wonder what odds you could get on us not being in the new ground within 5 years pretty good I reckon.
Why 5 years, what makes you think that will happen, as l said earlier they will not be able to advance with the Quadrant if the stadium is not built, and let's not forget this is a Community stadium not just for the sole use of BUFC.
I would imagine that the Chestnuts will want to get it built ASAP before the costs go up again..
Quadrant 2 will not get past planning consent if they don't deliver this stadium and that would be disastrous for everyone concerned.
An update from the chairman would be nice though, just to settle the nerve's and speculation down.

youngchubby69

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2018, 04:50:36 PM »
By the way York City's new ground looks great so far, it even has a cinema complex.