Author Topic: New ground?  (Read 12694 times)

holbeach 56

• View Profile
New ground?
« on: November 23, 2018, 11:14:32 PM »
We are now nearing end of November and no signs of work starting . I believe the chairman said it would definitely start this year if so leaving it late. Seems to me we could be at york street for a few more seasons . Anybody have any up to date news.

youngchubby69

Re: New ground?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 04:19:54 AM »
We are now nearing end of November and no signs of work starting . I believe the chairman said it would definitely start this year if so leaving it late. Seems to me we could be at york street for a few more seasons . Anybody have any up to date news.
Work has started on the new ground, they have been doing ground works and putting in piles to support the new stadium.
The problem is you can't see much as the brushes and trees obscure the view from the A16.

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 07:10:14 AM »
Thanks yc69. So done about enough for us to not lose planning permission then. I  can see us being at York Street for a few more seasons yet at this rate.

youngchubby69

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 08:16:42 AM »
Thanks yc69. So done about enough for us to not lose planning permission then. I  can see us being at York Street for a few more seasons yet at this rate.
I think once the ground works are completed, the rest will go up quit quickly, my understanding is these things are mainly like a big mecano set.
But l would think it will at least take another couple of years to build.
Let's just hope it can be built in its entirety and not phases.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 09:09:40 AM »
The problem is you can't see much as the brushes and trees obscure the view from the A16.

Brushes? Are we using a sweeper system?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 09:34:26 AM »

There's more to a stadium that just sticking up some terraces... work has started, it doesn't need to be a rush job.

Maybe have a word with the chairman at the next home game, ask him what's going on...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 10:17:35 AM »
My only criticism here is the lack of information from the club. It'd be nice to know how it's progressing (or not) as it saves all the speculation. Photos were posted online several weeks ago of the foundations going in, and that's significant work in itself, but whether it's now finished, or halted - no idea.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 11:51:43 AM »
If the piles, pile caps, and ground beams are in then that's a big investment .  A large pot of money buried in the ground, so hopefully the top bit will be bolted on soon  :police:

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 11:57:57 AM »
thank you pilgrim 86 for your wisdom. As a Spurs fan as well I am aware of how long a stadium takes, although obviously not quite on their scale. The point was that we get very little info and I thought the idea for moving was to get us on a better financial footing and the longer it takes the further away from this we get and build costs will only increase.

I assume that we have permission to continue at York Street ad infinitum , perhaps you are aware Pilgrim 86?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2018, 12:09:38 PM »
I believe DN has no worries about extending the YS lease as much as is needed.

He does want to move out ASAP, as the excessive rent, bills and maintenance are burning a hole in the club's pocket.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2018, 12:29:10 PM »
I think once the ground works are completed, the rest will go up quit quickly, my understanding is these things are mainly like a big mecano set.
But l would think it will at least take another couple of years to build.
Let's just hope it can be built in its entirety and not phases.

I spoke to DN about this. Yes the stadium is a modular almost off-the-shelf design and comes in huge prefab blocks that literally bolt together.

delbar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2018, 01:03:57 PM »
 I did hear that work on the Quadrant itself had halted at one point as the houses weren't selling.

The longer we go without the new stadium the more I wish we could stay at York Street, although accept that isn't possible or viable, just slightly worried that the atmosphere won't be as it is now, or the gates as high.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2018, 03:00:57 PM »
I did hear that work on the Quadrant itself had halted at one point as the houses weren't selling.

The longer we go without the new stadium the more I wish we could stay at York Street, although accept that isn't possible or viable, just slightly worried that the atmosphere won't be as it is now, or the gates as high.

You make some valid points. Many fans will sorely miss York Street, one of the really old famous, traditional, football grounds; with not long left. A new stadium, a bright future beckons? Will all current attending home fans welcome the move? Will the novelty soon ware off, or will numbers just not fancy the short trip out of town? At the end of the day home gates will depend on the level we are playing at & quality of football being served up.

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2018, 03:19:16 PM »
Absolutely agree champs. If we have a good winning team people will go but I fear that if we are served up similar to what we have currently then I think we will see  gates nearer to 700.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2018, 05:19:28 PM »
Is it too late to move the ground to Greater Manchester? We seem unbeatable there....