Author Topic: Murray regrets taking charge at Boston  (Read 2973 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Murray regrets taking charge at Boston
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 05:22:52 PM »
Without opening too many old wounds, he'd not be saying that if he'd been any good, and his tenure had been a success. There were reasons he left Mansfield as well as ourselves. The bottom line is it's a results led business, and his weren't good enough. If he'd been any good, he'd be lauding his successes not bemoaning his decision to come here.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 06:00:51 PM »
Without opening too many old wounds, he'd not be saying that if he'd been any good, and his tenure had been a success. There were reasons he left Mansfield as well as ourselves. The bottom line is it's a results led business, and his weren't good enough. If he'd been any good, he'd be lauding his successes not bemoaning his decision to come here.
Well put TTT as everyone is aware l was for sometime a supporter of Adam, and truly wished it had worked out for him here.
In the end though l along with many others could plainly see he had no clue about what is needed in non league to succeed.
But he does to his credit praise the club and chairman/ fans in the article.
I still wish him good luck for the future.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 06:50:36 PM »
As my dad used to say "The man who never made a mistake, never made anything".  Of course, this is only valid if you learn from your mistakes and I think Adam knows that he overloaded our part-time player's heads with stuff only suited to a full-time outfit.  I have respect for him as a man and hope he does make football management in the future.
United we stand..................

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 08:58:39 PM »
As my dad used to say "The man who never made a mistake, never made anything".  Of course, this is only valid if you learn from your mistakes and I think Adam knows that he overloaded our part-time player's heads with stuff only suited to a full-time outfit.  I have respect for him as a man and hope he does make football management in the future.
I think you're right with his full time mentality towards the players and club and how he set his backroom up. He didn't seem to understand part time football and how that can affect how players perform or how often they can train, etc. I wasn't surprised to see he thinks his move here a mistake, but anyway it's all been said and done. Onwards and upwards!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 10:25:22 AM »
The only thing worse than Adam Murray's unfortunate spell here is the state of the Mansfield Chad website.