Author Topic: Snow  (Read 2696 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Snow
« on: November 21, 2018, 06:45:35 AM »
Under normal circumstances, my direct route to Ashton United on Saturday would be over the Woodhead Pass, and am pretty sure other fans from the East side of the country would use the same route. Radio has just reported that it is currently snowing in northern Derbyshire, and obviously Woodhead route can be closed in bad weather. We might need extra time for the trip or a different route. If anyone on here lives in the area or is passing between now and the game, can they post updates?

With Ashton not too far from north Derbyshire, does the weather pose any risk of a postponement?

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Snow
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 06:36:10 PM »
Can you go all the way on the a1 until you hit the m62. Would that have a junction which takes you to Ashton?

Obviously woodhead is better as you're almost immediately into Stalybridge and then Ashton

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 08:09:29 PM »
M62 is a bit out of my way. If I'm looking for a backup route I'll probably take the A50 to Stoke and then the M6 to Manchester. Hoping Woodhead will be open though, tonight its an overnight closure from 8pm, so we'll be ok if it's the same on Saturday.

mdfman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 04:10:51 PM »
I have been in Ashton today , cold but perfectly fine , I have also been near to the start of Woodhead (from the north end) , and there are no problems there either and no motorway signs warning of closures , as there would be. Junction 22 , 20 and 18 off the M62 will all get you to Ashton (eventually) if you come that way. J18 is probably the easiest route (head for J23 of M60) as its all motorway off it.