Author Topic: LACK OF A LEADER...  (Read 9762 times)

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
LACK OF A LEADER...
« on: November 17, 2018, 05:45:14 PM »
After yet another home defeat {vs Southport} {the 6th.of the season already!},and another truly uninspiring performance,its plainly obvious that we are missing a leader on the pitch.  I can understand CE giving the captains armband to George Willis {loyalty,experience etc} but its not working and at this level we need a real captain on the pitch. Somebody like Ben Davies with all his experience should surely be the stand-out choice for our captain. We are not organised and our players need galvanising and motivating. And its  very difficult to do that from your goalmouth...

youngchubby69

Re: LACK OF A LEADER...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 06:43:02 PM »
After yet another home defeat {vs Southport} {the 6th.of the season already!},and another truly uninspiring performance,its plainly obvious that we are missing a leader on the pitch.  I can understand CE giving the captains armband to George Willis {loyalty,experience etc} but its not working and at this level we need a real captain on the pitch. Somebody like Ben Davies with all his experience should surely be the stand-out choice for our captain. We are not organised and our players need galvanising and motivating. And its  very difficult to do that from your goalmouth...
Amazing l was saying this week's ago , and members of this forum, were basically telling me l didn't know what l was talking about.
Goal Keepers as captains don't work.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 06:46:27 PM »
Amazing l was saying this week's ago , and members of this forum, were basically telling me l didn't know what l was talking about.

Everybody is right you don't no anything xx

youngchubby69

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 07:05:03 PM »

You Champs are a very rude and should really keep off the drink when making comments on here.
You no doubt are one of those people that take a cheap shot at people when they can, no doubt a person that hide's behind is key board, no body on this is interested in your insults.
Why don't you try contributing something that is worth reading.

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 07:07:38 PM »
Don't know about leaders, we need some decent, committed players.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 07:11:49 PM »

With respect,goalkeepers as captains can work { Lloris,Combi,Zoff,Casillas are all world cup winning captains}….but at non-league level I think its a proven fact that they don't.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 07:14:42 PM »
Don't know about leaders, we need some decent, committed players.

I agree.....Slew,Hines and Rowe didn't seem interested today. If Slew had been "on his game" {like he was perhaps when he first came to the club},he would have buried that second half chance he had where he somehow managed to get the ball over the bar from  almost point blank range...

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 08:25:44 PM »
Maybe we should scout Teresa May? She's a leader who might soon be looking for a new team?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 06:58:10 AM »
So who does everyone want as the leader???
I would like to see Ben Davies as the captain.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 09:43:30 AM »
Real leaders lead whether they are captain or not. Doesn't matter who wears the armband - if you're a leader you will lead by example and if you're not you won't. Simple as that

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2018, 10:15:27 AM »
So who does everyone want as the leader???
I would like to see Ben Davies as the captain.
I prefer a centre half or a centre mid as captain, as they're usually in the midst of the action. So why isn't Ryan Qualter given the armband? Could he be worth a punt? He was Shaw Lane skipper when he left them to come to us. We also have the guy on the books who took over from him at Shaw Lane...Spencer Harris, who can't even get on the pitch here! Now personally I'd say Qualter doesn't come across as a leader, but CE clearly thought so previuosly, so why not, it would seem we have nothing to lose?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2018, 03:18:21 PM »
Ben Davies was captain for 3 games when Willis was suspended but we only won 1 game against a bottom end side drew 1 and lost 1. Having said that Ben Davies is a good contender for the captains job but maybe he does not want it.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2018, 06:42:52 PM »
It's got to be a central mid-fielder, someone who can encourage, etc, the players around him, a goalkeeper is too far away most of the game to have any influence on the team.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 12:49:02 AM »

You Champs are a very rude and should really keep off the drink when making comments on here.
You no doubt are one of those people that take a cheap shot at people when they can, no doubt a person that hide's behind is key board, no body on this is interested in your insults.

Seriously?  just clocked this response y c ? Nothing to do with drink at all, a sober assessment of the comments you post on here. I think u really need to start reading how your fellow posters respond to your posts??

youngchubby69

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2018, 04:24:17 AM »

Seriously?  just clocked this response y c ? Nothing to do with drink at all, a sober assessment of the comments you post on here. I think u really need to start reading how your fellow posters respond to your posts??
Thanks for the advice, it so helpful.
Peace be with you.