Author Topic: Southport  (Read 10028 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Southport
« on: November 16, 2018, 07:29:44 PM »
Tough match they have had some outstanding results lately ,  can we halt our slide ?

Seems we are going to give a start to yet another striker  Danny Rowe .

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: Southport
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 08:39:58 PM »
We could get a tonking.

TEP

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 10:24:01 PM »
I reckon it's all about the first 20 minutes and how Southport line up. If they go 3-5-2 we're in trouble, as we either lose it down the flanks and/or get over-run in the middle. And we've often conceded early in games and found it too much to be able to get back on terms. We seem to be only scoring later in games. So, we need to start quickly and stick to 4-4-2. Simples!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 05:14:22 PM »
So another loss and absolutely disgusting performance in the first half from Boston.
Pathetic defending for their winner, what the hell is going on with Elliott and his tactics, does he have any other than hoof it long.
You all jumped on me when l suggested a change in management , during the week.
But do you really see any improvement in the performance of this team.
No doubt that l will get the same crap this week, but I am not going to join the happy clappers and in denial group.
The facts and results don't lie, he hasn't a clue on tactics, player development, motivation and doesn't know what is his best team.
Why the hell has he signed a striker who hasn't scored all season, and guess what he didn't today, and how the hell does he get the nod over Johnson and Wafula.
We are mid table at best that's all except it, and before you all start saying look at what he did last season, l don't care this is this season and we are doing nothing and this his is team full stop.

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 05:19:16 PM »
Dismal performance AGAIN....I am losing faith with CE, after being a real supporter of his. Rowe wasn't interested and never challenged. Hine and Thanoj poor again. So frustrating and hugely disappointing.

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 05:21:09 PM »
The first half lost it for us.  Better 2nd half but first half awful - they were not playing for the shirt and it was disgraceful really.  Shew...well well well, talent is obviously there but dont think he got out of breath all game....there seems to be some kind of motivation issue unless it tactical but i doubt it

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 06:21:37 PM »
Well just about had time to gather my thoughts.
We were dire today . No passion or ideas any where. Feel sorry for Ben Davies only decent player we have.
I am afraid that Mr Elliott is living on borrowed time. His passion has also disappeared listening to his interview where he seems to settle now downright mediocrity.
We are only going one way in the table and that's downwards unless something is addressed quickly.

youngchubby69

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 06:38:52 PM »
Well just about had time to gather my thoughts.
We were dire today . No passion or ideas any where. Feel sorry for Ben Davies only decent player we have.
I am afraid that Mr Elliott is living on borrowed time. His passion has also disappeared listening to his interview where he seems to settle now downright mediocrity.
We are only going one way in the table and that's downwards unless something is addressed quickly.
The frustrating part of this is that Paul Hurst that would have been an awesome replacement for Elliott , loos like he will be the Notts County manager very shortly.
We may not have got him, but we could have tried.
Everyone was having a go at me earlier in the week for suggestions Craig should go, but many more are now of the same mind.
Look at where we were at the start of the season, but the performance and results have slowly deteriorated since, Craig had tried to change things and bring new players in, but there is a motivation problem in this team, mainly because of the player revolving door, nobody knows if they will be the next one to go through it.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 06:50:41 PM »
Can't disagree with any comment on this tread , as said apart from Davies no quality in the squad . 11 strangers on the pitch .

Only hope on the horizon is Rollins coming back and producing some quality .

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2018, 08:03:33 PM »
Dismal performance AGAIN....I am losing faith with CE, after being a real supporter of his. Rowe wasn't interested and never challenged. Hine and Thanoj poor again. So frustrating and hugely disappointing.

Stevie how dare you say Thanoj was poor again. On this site he is the best thing since sliced bread, when I suggested him and his gobby mate were the worst mid fielders in the league they banished me to the naughty step for weeks.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018, 08:13:38 PM »
So another loss and absolutely disgusting performance in the first half from Boston.
Pathetic defending for their winner, what the hell is going on with Elliott and his tactics, does he have any other than hoof it long.
No doubt that l will get the same crap this week, but I am not going to join the happy clappers and in denial group.
The facts and results don't lie, he hasn't a clue on tactics, player development, motivation and doesn't know what is his best team.
Why the hell has he signed a striker who hasn't scored all season, and guess what he didn't today, and how the hell does he get the nod over Johnson and Wafula.
We are mid table at best that's all except it, and before you all start saying look at what he did last season, l don't care this is this season and we are doing nothing and this his is team full stop.

You ask if we see any improvement in this team? Well compared to the last two games both away yes I have, particularly in the second half. I think he ought to go with the team that finished the game today in the same formation and go for it from the start at Ashton next week rather that than hanging in for 70 minutes hoping for a goal at the end. As for rantings about the manager and who we could have got instead pack it in your going to make yourself ill.  UTP.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2018, 08:22:36 PM »
Can't disagree with any comment on this tread , as said apart from Davies no quality in the squad . 11 strangers on the pitch .

Only hope on the horizon is Rollins coming back and producing some quality .
I disagree, Rollins isn't the answer, as 1 player returning from injury won't be enough to turn the form around. We need to find a settled side somehow, and then players wouldn't strangers out there. I'm still a believer that CE can get us back into playoff positions, but it would seem I'm in the minority. It's true, the more recent results and performances aren't good, but we desperately need to find a more settled formation, and CE quickly needs to decide what his best team is and stick to it. On a different matter I was disappointed to hear CE say that Wafula wasn't in his match day plans as he had Hine and Wright ahead of him. So, given that Wright's loan has been extended, is JW the next victim of the revolving door?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2018, 08:27:05 PM »
Not good today - apart from a 15 minute spell in the second half. I felt Southport could have scored six or seven to be honest - whereas we created very little (as usual). In my opinion, a draw would have flattered us if we'd managed to hang on.

As for laying out the blame, we've bemoaned the strikers, the midfield, defence, goalkeeper, the choice of captain - and the management team of course. Other times we have blamed the officials but they've got off lightly recently ! Basically, we've blamed every department at some point. The fans are frustrated. Some of team simply aren't up to it (if we want to be top 6). Most that have come in on loan haven't had a positive impact. The team is low on confidence. Last year the likes of Thanoj hardly gave the ball away - this season he seems to give it away more often than not.

I've mentioned before that we lack creativity and this is still a big problem. One tricky forward player would be worth five of the strikers that have been tried and tested this season. I guess they are hard to come by. So what's the answer?

Sack the manager? The obvious choice when a team goes through a bad spell. This will bring cost and no guarantee of any upturn. What if we got a new manager in and nothing improved? Is that a risk worth taking? Based on what I know of the Directors, I would say not. (the suggestion of Paul Hurst being a missed opportunity is risible - Championship to NLN - really?)

We are 9th in the league. Three points off the play offs and not even half way through the season. Our form is poor, confidence is low and there doesn't appear to be an immediate answer. Maybe the pressure will be off next week in the FA Trophy, we get a result and then get something against Chorley the week after. Confidence returns, the side is settled and CE starts to get the best out of players - rather than what we are seeing at the moment. Who knows. Maybe the return of Jay Rollins could be that spark.

Time for concern but not panic - this isn't the Premier League. Fortunes can change quickly in football. Look at Kidderminster Harriers - flying and now only one win in six - including a four one defeat at home to Southport.

TEP

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2018, 08:39:28 PM »
Just to give you some comfort that we're not alone - a Kiddy fan ranting today ...

A team full of players playing for themselves and not the club and it’s supporters.
 On paper we have plenty of talent to challenge for honours at this level but we lack heart and the fight which is a prerequisite against teams in national north.
 Our defence is a shambles, no leaders and no organisation.
 When you offer players a platform for further self progression and market the club to this effect it is perhaps no surprise that they seem preoccupied with only their performance and not so much that of the team.
 I’ve never in forty years of supporting this club felt so disconnected with the players.
 No pride on display today.
 We are a long way off challenging for this league irrespective of what the table may suggest.

youngchubby69

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2018, 08:49:37 PM »

You ask if we see any improvement in this team? Well compared to the last two games both away yes I have, particularly in the second half. I think he ought to go with the team that finished the game today in the same formation and go for it from the start at Ashton next week rather that than hanging in for 70 minutes hoping for a goal at the end. As for rantings about the manager and who we could have got instead pack it in your going to make yourself ill.  UTP.
I won't make myself I'll, but this is a results game, and they will ultimately decide the future of CE, not any of us.
Thanks for your concern though.