Author Topic: Southport  (Read 10037 times)

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
Re: Southport
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2018, 09:00:28 PM »
For the second post in a row you have said what I wanted to say. Spot on. However, I will be VERY interested in the performance and result against Ashton next week. If our team play in a manner suggesting they are not bothered about the result, then I could quite comfortably come around to YC's way of thinking. The perception that certain players are not exactly committed is evident.

UTP

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2018, 09:02:33 PM »
You need to get a grip YC yes we lost but shortly before the winner we hit the post so small margins between winning and losing. That went in we were amongst it yet your calling for CE sacking. On that basis half the premierships managers should walk tonight. Yes it’s a forum but you need to accept we are we we are. Fair play to Southport team in form and looked decent. Finally quality referee.

youngchubby69

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2018, 09:33:22 PM »
You need to get a grip YC yes we lost but shortly before the winner we hit the post so small margins between winning and losing. That went in we were amongst it yet your calling for CE sacking. On that basis half the premierships managers should walk tonight. Yes it’s a forum but you need to accept we are we we are. Fair play to Southport team in form and looked decent. Finally quality referee.
I have got a grip, especially on reality we are loosing games and slipping down the table.
It's not me who has to accept were we are, but how long will the chairman will except it I wonder.
Nothing l write on here will make us better or worse, but after the start to the season we had and we had a decent one, what's happened to us?
Surely as fans we can't accept mediocre performances like today, we can't rely on showing up in the second half, especially at home.
I accept we will not win every game and there are better teams in this league than us, but surely as an minimum whatever team that is put out, should give everything regardless if we win our loose and especially at home.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2018, 09:34:09 PM »
Spot on

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2018, 10:44:07 PM »
Having followed this club for in excess of 50 years I think today was one of the lowest points I have felt because of the poor quality we are being served up with and hearing the manager not being critical. When he first arrived he was very honest in his summing up but feel that he now is trying to cover his own backside.

youngchubby69

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2018, 12:06:30 AM »
Having followed this club for in excess of 50 years I think today was one of the lowest points I have felt because of the poor quality we are being served up with and hearing the manager not being critical. When he first arrived he was very honest in his summing up but feel that he now is trying to cover his own backside.
Spot on

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2018, 09:41:45 AM »
CE says in his interview 'if I can get the right person in alongside Gav' - suggesting he's after adding to the squad

I can't remember a manager who has been allowed to sign so many players and get rid of them so quickly. Don't think he's any nearer knowing his best side than at the start of the season

He's won things in the past with a bigger budget than the rest of the league and is now struggling when others have bigger war chests than him

But the concern surely has to be over the style of play doesn't it - which remains the same. Plan A is hoof it and Plans B C and D are hoof it too. Why not get some footballers in rather than pub players, get it down and pass it. I can't see results would be any worse and surely it would be more pleasant on the eye?

Views?

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2018, 09:55:44 AM »
I am normally very quiet on this forum. Just read other people's words of wisdom. Yesterday was demoralising:

1. Yet another awful peformance
2. More new players (it's the same every week)
3. A starting 11 who just don't know each other well enough to play together
4. Players who with just a few exceptions (Davies, Wright, Jackson)  who are just not quite good enough for the top 4-5 clubs in this league (where our ambitions lie)
5. A playing style that is very basic and too often involves a stratgey of hoof it up to Allott and hope for the best
6. A GK whose ball distribution is at time really poor.

I was one who had a lot of time for CE and have been prepared to be patient with him, even though week-on-week I have become more and more unnerved by the revolving door policy.

Sadly, this is now beginning to feel like it's not just most of the players (ex Shaw Lane) who are not quite good enough for this league, but also maybe CE is a little more out of his depth than we realised. It may be time to review the management situation - I really hate saying this. I probably would leave it a few more weeks but not much beyond mid-December.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2018, 01:31:31 PM »
I think to find the answer to our problems is to ask the why are Abbot and Thanoj so ineffective this season ?
Recall second half of last season we had Hemmings , Thompson and Rollins producing plenty of goals .

Behind them we had Abbot and Thanoj who almost every game ran midfield ,  Mark Hone on Radio Lincs was constantly telling us A&T were the best midfield pairing in the league .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2018, 08:20:55 PM »
I think to find the answer to our problems is to ask the why are Abbot and Thanoj so ineffective this season?

I think that and Brexit will remain a mystery for some time Pete.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2018, 11:51:26 PM »
I think to find the answer to our problems is to ask the why are Abbot and Thanoj so ineffective this season?

I think that and Brexit will remain a mystery for some time Pete.

Yeah those 2 made a massive difference last season, they don't look happy & both much more effective in a side trying to pass it through midfield; looks they under hoof it instructions at mo. Confidence draining from this squad now.