Author Topic: Referee suspended for "scissors paper stone"  (Read 2933 times)

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
Referee suspended for "scissors paper stone"
« on: November 14, 2018, 12:44:59 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46202509

I saw him do this when he was in charge of our recent game against Kidderminster, assumed it was a new initiative (cashless society and all that)! Wonder if he was reported after our game too?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Referee suspended for "scissors paper stone"
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 01:18:42 PM »
Did he really? I did think the suspension was a bit much, but then I figured it was down it it being seen as a sign of disrespecting women's football. Turns out he just disrespects football full stop!

youngchubby69

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 05:39:48 PM »
I really think that l have heard it all now, he could have borrowed a coin from anyone.
Perhaps he was trying to add something a little different to the proceedings, but if the rules state a coin must be used then l suppose he has broke them, but does it really warrant a suspension.
It just seems ridiculous that they hand out an suspension just for that, but never repremand refs for their poor decisions and performance week in week out, it's mind boggling.

Jarvos

• View Profile

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 03:30:38 PM »
Anyone else remember Keith Hackett reffing a Taverners friendly match against a Sheffield pub side in the late Sixties/early Seventies. Smashing bloke - and a very good ref!