Author Topic: Striker to watch .  (Read 18965 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: Striker to watch .
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2018, 08:08:37 PM »
I am afraid our chubby is a reactionary poster as far as football management is concerned, win four back him, lose two sack him. I will leave that side to Mr Chairman he has all the facts and I trust his judgement.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

youngchubby69

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2018, 08:50:46 PM »
If we put last season to one side, and look at our current league position and lack of consistent form, are we honestly looking like a side that has improved from last season.
The team is no better with what we finished with last season, so have we improved????
We can all sit and blow sunshine up CE backside but the truth is we are not progressing on the pitch, results and performances speak for themselves, ultimately CE is responsible for recruitment, tactics, motivation and performances, that's his job he is the manager.
He won't get the sack and he doesn't look like a quitter, but yes we have a chairman that is willing to give a manager time to improve,but we also know that he is not afraid to release a manager or two if he sees no improvement in performance, that's a fact.
I personally don't see the point in this revolving door of players coming in and out of the team, it suggests to me that the coaching staff are not capable of developing what they have signed, and are desperately trying to bring players in as a quick fix.
The revolving door policy only promotes, disharmony, uncertainty, distrust,lack of consistency and disruption.
We have been lucky so far that other teams have had inconsistencies in their results, but that will soon change and if we don't follow suit, we will be set adrift in the deep waters of mid table trying to tread water and not slowly sink into relegation places.
All l am saying is if a change in manager is required to prevent this, then so be it.
I don't personally want that to happen as l like the guy, and yes he saved us from relegation and gave us something to play for at the end of the season, but that was last season and now we are in a new one that so far has been so up and down with performance that l actually feel sea sick.
YC, he didn't just "save us from relegation" he damn near took us into the playoffs from the bottom 3. I've tried to avoid being confrontational, but we are 6 points from the top of the league, what exactly is it that you expect? You were still backing AM 12 months ago when we were firmly in the relegation spots. I fully accept we have different opinions, but WTF?
Yes he did nearly take us to 3 points of the play offs, but not with the team he has now, and that's my point.
So l ask the same question again, is this / his team any better than he inherited from AM.
I expect a settled team now, with consistency in performance and a decent attacking front line, can you say that we have now, OXO has often commented on how poor our midfield is, even going as far to say it's the worst he has ever seen.
What the hell has happened to Wafula and Johnson again, they both seemed willing to take on defenders.
Believe me and table's don't lie, if other teams in this league had been consistent with performances we would be down the bottom half of the table and my comments would be not be out of place.

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2018, 09:18:40 PM »
I did not hear many complain about the summer star signings pre season. If one had been a failure we could have got over it but when they all let us and themselves down it was always going to be a struggle but Craig got rid and started again. It was always going to be difficult to get good players mid season as good players already have a club. He has given lower league players a chance to better themselves but if they cannot do it he has to let them go and try someone else, that is why we have had a big turnover of players, if the stars had done what they were once capable of we would not be in this position. It is easy to see the problem after the event but not so easy to correct it.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2018, 09:28:18 PM »
A win at home on Saturday and we could be back in playoff spot. Before start of season playoffs would be a decent season. So we should be content that we're in the mix for playoffs.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 09:33:42 AM by Lee Newell »

youngchubby69

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2018, 12:05:01 AM »
I am afraid our chubby is a reactionary poster as far as football management is concerned, win four back him, lose two sack him. I will leave that side to Mr Chairman he has all the facts and I trust his judgement.
I know Tash but I am also a mischief maker, stirred up some discussion soup this time.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2018, 08:50:16 AM »
I don't really want promotion as of yet

Why the bloody hell not?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2018, 12:21:06 PM »

Why the bloody hell not?
As much as l would love to see us get promoted, l truly think we would struggle financially to survive in the league above.
There is some big clubs in there with bigger budgets and full time, that struggle to compete.
I say get the new stadium built and then go for it, when the club has a sustainable income.
The worst thing that could happen to us is to go up and then come back down again

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2018, 03:37:27 PM »

Why the bloody hell not?
As much as l would love to see us get promoted, l truly think we would struggle financially to survive in the league above.
There is some big clubs in there with bigger budgets and full time, that struggle to compete.
I say get the new stadium built and then go for it, when the club has a sustainable income.
The worst thing that could happen to us is to go up and then come back down again

If U don't want us promoted this season YC then why post that if we lose Saturday u want CE sacked? Surely in your scheme of things it's more than evident we will achieve enough points to stay up....so if u don't want promotion why would u want the Manager sacked? I thought u were basing us analysis of CE on the fact that we were not in the top 2 ?

Newton, Kempster, Elliot & most fans want us playing in the division above! Elliot wants to take this club as high up the pyramid as he can & so do the Chestnuts. We have to be ambitious & we've been in the CN long enough. Promotion would bring  bigger gates , lucrative sponsorship, we would attract better players & we would get to visit some new grounds as well. It would also be fantastic to go into the new stadium as a National League Premier Club. FFS if Solihull Moors, Harrogate etc can do well in there why shouldn't we?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2018, 03:58:59 PM »

Why the bloody hell not?

If U don't want us promoted this season YC then why post that if we lose Saturday u want CE sacked? Surely in your scheme of things it's more than evident we will achieve enough points to stay up....so if u don't want promotion why would u want the Manager sacked? I thought u were basing us analysis of CE on the fact that we were not in the top 2 ?

Newton, Kempster, Elliot & most fans want us playing in the division above! Elliot wants to take this club as high up the pyramid as he can & so do the Chestnuts. We have to be ambitious & we've been in the CN long enough. Promotion would bring  bigger gates , lucrative sponsorship, we would attract better players & we would get to visit some new grounds as well. It would also be fantastic to go into the new stadium as a National League Premier Club. FFS if Solihull Moors, Harrogate etc can do well in there why shouldn't we?

I think we  discuss  this every season , to stand a fair chance of survival in the NC a budget of £1 million is required . If we are struggling gates will soon dip to 1k .     How are we going to raise £15k a week on top of the gate takings ?   

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2018, 04:11:32 PM »

Why the bloody hell not?

I think we  discuss  this every season , to stand a fair chance of survival in the NC a budget of £1 million is required . If we are struggling gates will soon dip to 1k .     How are we going to raise £15k a week on top of the gate takings ?

Yes GHM of course it's a regular topic of discussion. Regarding sources of finance & prosperity in the league above: somehow all the following clubs (mostly all of whom attract fewer home fans than us) survive in that league:

Harrogate
Solihull Moors
Sutton
Gateshead
Eastleigh
Boreham Wood
Bromley
Ebbsfleet
Halifax (part time)
Barrow
Maidstone
Dag & Red
Braintree
Dover.

Discuss??

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2018, 04:45:17 PM »
And then look at Burton and Accrington in League 1...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2018, 05:11:50 PM »
Income would go up significantly maybe nearly double if we got promoted.

Main income is from gate receipts, and we would get more home and away fans in league above. If we go up admission price will go up, at a guess from £13 to £15. With the BT sport deal the league above have I should think that would be a good extra amount of income too, plus sponsorship money would go up a bit.

This season avg attendance so far is 1137 for home league  matches. The first season we were in conference last time with a mid table finish avg attendance for home league matches was 1983.

Simple rough sums on the difference on gate receipts for an avg home page shows this would be about double the income. Yes, doesn't work exactly like this as some of these will be kids paying less and adults in seats will be paying more but the rough logic works.

1137 x £13  = £14781
1983 x £15 = £29745

Apart from having to pay players more I should think other additional expenses would be minimal. It would then come down to how much the club choose to increase the playing budget by. Could go full time and spend all the extra doubled income, or could stay part time and only spend 20% more.

youngchubby69

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2018, 05:54:20 PM »
The problem is with all that has been said regarding budget and future income/ cost is just pure speculation, unless people on here have access to our finances at the club.
Will we get promoted who knows, but it had to be done by not busting the bank, we have been there and done that.
Regarding the other clubs that are currently in the NL, they obviously have some kind of income stream, so they do not have to rely on gate receipts.
No doubt many of them are carrying huge debt's too.
So my answer to you champs, is yes l do want Boston to get promoted, but as long as our finances stack up to sustain us in the NL.
Regarding CE and me calling for him to be sacked, which l clearly stated that he wouldn't be.
That decision will be taken by the board, if it needs to be.
But then we may be 6points clear at the top by Christmas and wouldn't that be fantastic with us chanting Craig's name as the great Messiah.

youngchubby69

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2018, 06:05:03 PM »

Why the bloody hell not?

I am totally with you champs, and of course I would love to see us promoted, and have bigger crowds etc.
As long as we can be competitive in the NL and not fall into bankruptcy again.
I don't know how much money the chestnuts have invested and are willing to invest going forward, but I don't think it's going to be an endless stream of money.
Because I think if they had a million to spend on a budget they would have done it already to get us out of this league.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2018, 06:58:23 PM »
But surely once we move into the new stadium we would not be paying the large amount of rental that we are forking out at the moment, then this money could be used in other areas.