Author Topic: Striker to watch .  (Read 18843 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Striker to watch .
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2018, 07:03:35 PM »
But surely once we move into the new stadium we would not be paying the large amount of rental that we are forking out at the moment, then this money could be used in other areas.
That is the plan as l understand, which will be of some help.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2018, 08:36:17 PM »
Income would go up significantly maybe nearly double if we got promoted.

Main income is from gate receipts, and we would get more home and away fans in league above. If we go up admission price will go up, at a guess from £13 to £15. With the BT sport deal the league above have I should think that would be a good extra amount of income too, plus sponsorship money would go up a bit.

This season avg attendance so far is 1137 for home league  matches. The first season we were in conference last time with a mid table finish avg attendance for home league matches was 1983.

Simple rough sums on the difference on gate receipts for an avg home page shows this would be about double the income. Yes, doesn't work exactly like this as some of these will be kids paying less and adults in seats will be paying more but the rough logic works.

1137 x £13  = £14781
1983 x £15 = £29745

Apart from having to pay players more I should think other additional expenses would be minimal. It would then come down to how much the club choose to increase the playing budget by. Could go full time and spend all the extra doubled income, or could stay part time and only spend 20% more.

Your figures are well adrift Lee , I am a season ticket holder who sits in the main stand , my ticket works out less than £8 per match .
 I look around me and the big majority of the fans are OAPs ,  then you've got the kids at £2/3 a time .  I would think the average admission struggles to reach £10 .   Gross income = £11000k and unlike the old days we now pay the HMRC which will reduce it to about £9000k x 46 matches = £200k a year .    At £15 admission I think a 2000 gate is out of our reach these days ,  I think we only averaged 2500 when we won the league .   
Lets be positive and say our net income from games is £400,k,  . Spending all the gate money on the playing budget works out 16 players on £500 a week ,  don't think that will produce a team to maintain a place in the NC .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2018, 08:48:00 PM »
And then look at Burton and Accrington in League 1...

Accy are situated in an area where plenty of big clubs are releasing good young players .  All the same Coleman has don a fantastic job there .

Burton ?   Fantastic fans and a good chairman and manager in Nigel Clough who was given time to build the club on and off the field .
Would a manager at Boston be given 10 years to get 2 promotions ?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2018, 09:17:08 PM »
I don't really want promotion as of yet

Why the bloody hell not?
As much as l would love to see us get promoted, l truly think we would struggle financially to survive in the league above.
There is some big clubs in there with bigger budgets and full time, that struggle to compete.
I say get the new stadium built and then go for it, when the club has a sustainable income.
The worst thing that could happen to us is to go up and then come back down again

If U don't want us promoted this season YC then why post that if we lose Saturday u want CE sacked? Surely in your scheme of things it's more than evident we will achieve enough points to stay up....so if u don't want promotion why would u want the Manager sacked? I thought u were basing us analysis of CE on the fact that we were not in the top 2 ?

Newton, Kempster, Elliot & most fans want us playing in the division above! Elliot wants to take this club as high up the pyramid as he can & so do the Chestnuts. We have to be ambitious & we've been in the CN long enough. Promotion would bring  bigger gates , lucrative sponsorship, we would attract better players & we would get to visit some new grounds as well. It would also be fantastic to go into the new stadium as a National League Premier Club. FFS if Solihull Moors, Harrogate etc can do well in there why shouldn't we?

I think we  discuss  this every season , to stand a fair chance of survival in the NC a budget of £1 million is required . If we are struggling gates will soon dip to 1k .     How are we going to raise £15k a week on top of the gate takings ?

Yes GHM of course it's a regular topic of discussion. Regarding sources of finance & prosperity in the league above: somehow all the following clubs (mostly all of whom attract fewer home fans than us) survive in that league:

Harrogate
Solihull Moors
Sutton
Gateshead
Eastleigh
Boreham Wood
Bromley
Ebbsfleet
Halifax (part time)
Barrow
Maidstone
Dag & Red
Braintre

Discuss??
I think we all know about Harrogate .    Eastleigh where it was  reported players were on up to £2k a week last season .
Most of the rest are in the bottom halve of the league but are in a better recruiting area than us .

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2018, 06:52:17 PM »
Scored his 18th of the season at the weekend. He's clearly benefited from the regular starts he wasn't guaranteed here. His eye for goal hasn't deserted him in the South.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2018, 05:05:22 PM »
Scored his 18th of the season at the weekend. He's clearly benefited from the regular starts he wasn't guaranteed here. His eye for goal hasn't deserted him in the South.
2 more yesterday, how we could have done with somebody with even half of this return this season! I know hindsight is easy, but what if....

John Bunyan, 1684

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2018, 08:54:35 PM »
Mainly tap ins. They play with two wingers. Always getting to the line and putting crosses in.

TEP

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2018, 09:04:24 PM »
Mainly tap ins. They play with two wingers. Always getting to the line and putting crosses in.

TEP
you've still got to put yourself in the right place! As I say, I accept hindsight is easy, but wouldn't it be nice to at least have somebody (anybody) in double figures by now?

John Bunyan, 1684