Author Topic: v AFC Telford  (Read 8354 times)

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
Re: v AFC Telford
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2018, 10:31:16 PM »
Agreed TEP. The problem is this season could be over by Xmas. This squad, like every squad over the last 10/15 years, couldn't care less about any Cup-tie. I will be delighted and amazed if we make the play-offs. We are average on a good day. CE has, and will need, the rest of this season to complete the jigsaw. I still support CE, but there is a limit.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2018, 08:33:55 AM »
As suggested we have to give CE until the end of the season ,  contrary to what a number of fans in the past believed changing mangers does not mean a better team and bigger gates .

What concerns me is CE has signed 35 players ,  apart from two there is no real quality in the squad and these two players will be 38 by next season .   At the moment we have a team giving a poor imitation of the disliked successful teams of Billy Heath , snag is we have no Tom Denton .   

I fear the perpetual motion of the revolving door is leading to falling morale .

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2018, 09:27:57 AM »
On another point nice ground and set up and home fans very welcoming. The minute silence was as you would expect respected and the bugler and laying of the wreaths very poignant we’ll done to Telford.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2018, 11:18:29 AM »
Seems to me we need a defender who can jump and head the ball as Telford's goal scorer was head and shoulders above our defender. We certainly miss Pidge. Keep the faith, Pilgrims.

youngchubby69

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2018, 03:52:59 PM »
In all honesty we got what we deserved it was obvious that the three five two set up was not working as simply we don't have the players capable of playing it. Our center half from Salford will soon be playing at a much higher level and makes his team mates look very ordinary. Slew had a clear chance but his effort as my old grandad used to say was neither arsehole nor water cress. Should we have had a penalty? Absolutely stonewall just one of many pathetic decisions all afternoon. Difficult to see how we are going to score certainly need a quick little gritty forward who will run at and round defenders and generally create a bit of havoc in the box, suggestions please.   UTP.
Reece Thompson and Ricky Miller.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2018, 07:08:58 PM »
In all honesty we got what we deserved it was obvious that the three five two set up was not working as simply we don't have the players capable of playing it. Our center half from Salford will soon be playing at a much higher level and makes his team mates look very ordinary. Slew had a clear chance but his effort as my old grandad used to say was neither arsehole nor water cress. Should we have had a penalty? Absolutely stonewall just one of many pathetic decisions all afternoon. Difficult to see how we are going to score certainly need a quick little gritty forward who will run at and round defenders and generally create a bit of havoc in the box, suggestions please.   UTP.
Reece Thompson and Ricky Miller.
I hate to say it, but Tom "Elbows" Denton
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2018, 09:22:20 PM »
Seems to me we need a defender who can jump and head the ball as Telford's goal scorer was head and shoulders above our defender. We certainly miss Pidge. Keep the faith, Pilgrims.

Apart from 1 lapse and a few moments at the end when we got ragged pushing men forwards,we defended OK on Saturday
Did so well at Ashton

My worry is why are we having to defend well? Midfield aren't doing their job and also service to the top boys is poor.