Author Topic: v Ashton Utd  (Read 8336 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v Ashton Utd
« on: November 03, 2018, 04:57:23 PM »
Boston leading 1 - 0 until 87th min.  Abbott had previously substituted for David Norris but now sent off and Ashton soon equalised.
Massive disappointment and another example of poor discipline letting us down.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 05:41:52 PM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Ashton Utd
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 05:05:52 PM »
From the commentary sounded like our keeper made some great saves including a' wonder ' save near the end.........

youngchubby69

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 05:12:46 PM »
Boston leading 1 - 0 until 87th min.  Abbott has substituted for Slew but now sent off and Ashton soon equalise 1 - 1.
It will be interesting to see the comments of OXO today, he is not a fan of Abbott and rightly so, absolutely a foolish sending off, just keep your mouth shut.
It has probably cost us a win, stupid idiotic behaviour.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 05:21:04 PM »
Boston leading 1 - 0 until 87th min.  Abbott has substituted for Slew but now sent off and Ashton soon equalise 1 - 1.
It will be interesting to see the comments of OXO today, he is not a fan of Abbott and rightly so, absolutely a foolish sending off, just keep your mouth shut.

What did he say?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 05:37:27 PM »
I think he was getting a yellow for kicking the ball away which, if true was stupid.  Even more stupid he appears to have disagreed with the ref and it doesn't matter what he said but I will be very interested to hear what Craig says.

youngchubby69

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 05:40:35 PM »

What did he say?
Probably "welcome back Grant Roberts"

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 05:43:39 PM »
Hope David Norris is fit enough to play every game.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 06:24:22 PM »
indeed, Brad has just drawn a target between his shoulders. Ready, aim.......
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2018, 06:37:19 PM »
Regarding the our appalling red card record over the past season and a half; it's strange that maybe more laid back pragmatic Managers Murray & Elliot appear powerless to halt the regular red cards? Then you look back at Greene's 3 year tenure & dismissals weren't regular or costing us games....point being Greene was a passionate hot head & there were plenty of scrappers in his sides; but no where near as many damaging red cards that cost Murray dear & this season has cost Elliot several valuable points already. CE has got to instil discipline into his team, Darlington was bad enough with 2 reds & today Abbot gets a brainless 87th minute red: seconds later 2 points go west....shocking!!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2018, 08:13:06 PM »
Well here I am and ready to go. Two points chucked away after battling well despite probably the worst refereeing display of the season ably assisted by his flag men. Good to see Norris starting and getting stuck in breaking up their mid field and unlucky not to score with a great strike in the first half. Now lets mention the contender for goal of the season Qualter had the ball some 35 yards out in center field with no real options so just let fly, top corner unstoppable, laughing later he said it was a clearance that he over hit. Was happy Abbott was on the bench and when brought on with a few minutes to go thought well, fair enough not enough time left for him to cock it up. Strangely he does the right thing by taking the ball to the corner flag and shields it against two players, ball goes out and ref gives a throw in to Ashton. Abbott disagrees and lets the referee know his feelings, he turns to walk away from him and the ref blows his whistle to show a yellow for dissent, Abbot tells ref to perambulate in a sexual manner and is red carded. Now I have to say the Ashton manager screamed obscene abuse at the ref all game but no action was taken so you could say double standards, however as has been said one of ours again has let themselves, the manager, his team mates and us the faithful fans down and it is not acceptable. Should at least be fined wages.

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2018, 08:17:33 PM »
Getting seriously annoyed by Allott, I know the officials were questionable at best today but does he know the sodding offside rule?

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2018, 08:56:45 PM »
As Samuel L.Jackson once memorably said to John Travolta in the film Pulp Fiction..."CHECK OUT THE BRAINS ON BRAD!!!!!".

N.B. I won't tell you what happened to Brad 30 seconds later.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2018, 09:19:52 PM »
Oxo has it about right.

Early in the second half Jackson fouled the Ashton centre forward and it was very borderline in terms of whether or not it was inside the penalty area. The ref gave a free kick outside the box, but the Ashton dugout weren't happy. I was stood right next to the home dugout at the time and couldn't quite believe what I was hearing. First, the Ashton manager shouted to the ref he was a f***ing cheating c***, then for good measure he said exactly the same thing to the linesman. Quite honestly, the Ashton manager made Steve Evans look like Mary Poppins. The linesman definitely heard what was said and glared at the manager, but no further action was taken. What exactly do managers need to say to get themselves sent to the stands?

Later on in the game Brad Abbott was stupid for his own conduct towards the referee. I also heard what was said and I can't defend him. But his language was no worse than the Ashton manager, and on the basis of what had been allowed earlier in the game I still feel let down by the inconsistency of the officials.

Overall, didn't think we played particularly well. Great goal from Ryan Qualter, but other than that we were below par.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 11:15:47 PM »
Getting seriously annoyed by Allott, I know the officials were questionable at best today but does he know the sodding offside rule?
at home i sit level with the York St penalty area, and he's always a good yard offside waiting for the ball. It's the way he plays, rightly or wrongly. The lino last Tuesday seldom flagged him, as he was often 5 yards further upfield! If he gets a fussy/efficient one, he will get regularly flagged.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2018, 11:16:30 PM »
Two really poor sides today. A draw a fair result.

We are missing two things - confidence and a player that can run with the ball and be creative. Last season we had Rollins and Hemmings. We desperately lack creativity this season. I'd like to say AUFC were there for the taking but we had no spark - virtually nothing in terms of excitement in the final third.

We can castigate Abbot, the goalie and the disciplinary record all we like but creativity is our issue. I'm not saying its easy to get the personnel to solve this but until we do then it won't be great viewing.

TEP