Author Topic: V Brackley Town  (Read 8865 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: V Brackley Town
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2018, 08:17:22 AM »
We should accept that there are better teams in the league than us and we're going to get footballing lessons like we did last night. You can blame individuals or the manager but this is football. Let's also not forget that CE is still learning his trade at NLN level - and its so much easier being an armchair manager like we all are. Furthermore, this is non league - mistakes are going to be made on and off the pitch by players and management.

It is frustrating, particularly after the second half on Saturday but this could be how this season goes for us. Win one, lose one.

TEP

I think this sums it up, but it also sums up why people are so frustrated. The league is wide open this year - more so than ever. There's a real feeling of a glorious chance slipping away beginning to take root...

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2018, 08:46:43 AM »
I agree with a lot of your points TEP, however, I think that a manager whatever his experience is should know his strongest team by now and I am not sure Craig does.(especially with all comings and goings)
We should play to our strengths and let the opposition worry about our tactics not try and counteract theirs .

Some players seem to play whatever performance they put in eg Abbott who has 1 decent game in 5.

Still in with a shout of playoffs at present so not all doom and gloom but need to get more consistent performances before we slip away.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2018, 11:03:07 AM »
Really starting to worry about Craig s tactics. After this number of games we should have a settled side , know his best players and system.

I not sure he knows his best side and he worries too much about opposition tactics.

We are missing a big opportunity this year because nobody really stands out.

Its not too late but can't afford any more slip ups.

Am I the only one with these views?

Many of us share your thoughts H56,    truth is although CE is still learning tactical side of this league the real problem is we lack quality players .    Apart from Davies who in our team last night would hold down a place in the Brackley side. ?    + Rollins when back to full fitness .

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2018, 11:16:10 AM »
I agree ghm that we are weak in a few areas and very few would get into brackleys  team. Think we missed a trick in not signing mcsheffrey and virtually everybody I stand with have been saying from the start of the season we need better centre backs and still think the keeper position is not solved.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2018, 11:50:21 AM »
I dont want to be to negative as we are around the play offs even though we have lost a shed loads of games but are still well placed. I feel a bit for the guys in midfield who are getting slated as they are trying to play on the floor and triangles but when you have players new each week you need time to train and gel. I thought the goal we got was excellent and he must get a run of games for me to influence from the start and were in with a shout for a spell then. We gifted the goals, so taken that into account it wasnt dreadful, as they were excellent all over the park and at times played with great pace.

We need to be patient as said before CE is learning and needs our backing. Looking forward to our next mini bus away day at Telford.

youngchubby69

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2018, 07:20:26 PM »
We should accept that there are better teams in the league than us and we're going to get footballing lessons like we did last night. You can blame individuals or the manager but this is football. Let's also not forget that CE is still learning his trade at NLN level - and its so much easier being an armchair manager like we all are. Furthermore, this is non league - mistakes are going to be made on and off the pitch by players and management.

It is frustrating, particularly after the second half on Saturday but this could be how this season goes for us. Win one, lose one.

TEP

Yes TEP we are still developing as a side and we are going to have ups and downs.
We are still in the mix and in a better place than last season
I think most people were disappointed that CE didn't change the formation or personnel in the first half, but saying that the first 2 goals were from set pieces that we did not defend well at all and also a cock up from our keeper.
The third was one of those you get against you when you are chasing a game.
The positives are Slew looks awesome up front, Parkhouse looks like he is going to be a handful, Wright was very good, Jones was brilliant again, l would make Salford an offer for him now to make his move permanent.
Negatives for me is that Thanoj and Abbott don't bollock the rest of the team when they are getting over run in midfield, they need to be telling Greg or Gavin to drop into midfield and help them out.
If CE isn't going to change things they must do it, that's how good sides work.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 12:55:39 AM »
There have been some well thought out rational points made on here re: Brackley Tuesday night, our tactics, their style & our struggle to get any consistency going or field a settled side? Added to that the fact we are still in the Play off mix....although yes with any sort of better form at York Street  we could be sitting Top. I would also add to those rightly saying we are better off than this time last year....we sure are by a country mile! This time last year from about mid September up to AM's resignation early December all this forum was rightly dealing with was what would be this seasons lot in the Evo Stik Premier? We were 4 points adrift 3rd bottom with a horrendous looking run of fixtures coming up & in honesty morale was on the floor & we looked down & out!! Yes, this is the here & now  but let's not forget the incredible job CE did pull off to get us well clear of that drop zone. Yes we are work in progress, but in a much better position to challenge than 12 months ago.
Ironically it was the Brackley home defeat that saw the resignation of AM. I would just add that team have some sort of indian sign over us!! I havent got the stats at hand but since they got promoted into the CN am i right saying of all the times weve played them h & a.... we have beaten them once?? I'm pretty sure that was maybe DG's first game 2012/13? We've had them fa cup/trophy as well & got turned over each time. The point being with different managers season on season, they set up & play more or less the same. Surely we would be onto those tactics by now?? As to how they play & how to stifle & hurt them. I was so disappointed last night that they came to York Street and did pretty much the same as they did to us last season twice, & for more or less the last 5/6 seasons.
On a positive note well done OXO with the Jam Jar Collection, great to see the Fans supporting the cause & that us Fans will decide how the funds are used in the New Stadium....Top Man.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2018, 10:08:36 AM »
Another thing as well - the Brackley number 5 and 6 won every ball in the air - at both ends of the pitch. When you've got great headers of the ball like that, sometimes there's very little you can do to stop it. Look when we had CP - he won loads of headers - and scored goals too.

I don't think he'll start with GS and GA up front together anymore. Two big men together up front rarely works - hopefully that is one lesson CE took from this game.

Also, a simple thing, but when one of our players is on the ball, at least two others should be coming short and offering to take the ball off him. This hardly ever happens. The ball then gets punted long, invariably lost and then everyone has a go at the 'culprit'.

For the next game I'd like to see GA and Slew up front. Three in midfield - BA, AT and Norris - Norris in a holding role. One wide midfielder (swapping sides every 15 minutes) - this could be Wright but not Hine - he's not got enough pace. We really need Rollins back quickly. Defence I'd leave as is. Despite the criticism of the new keeper, I quite like him (I guess he has to play next game anyway).

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2018, 04:03:56 PM »
Another thing as well - the Brackley number 5 and 6 won every ball in the air - at both ends of the pitch. When you've got great headers of the ball like that, sometimes there's very little you can do to stop it. Look when we had CP - he won loads of headers - and scored goals too.

I don't think he'll start with GS and GA up front together anymore. Two big men together up front rarely works - hopefully that is one lesson CE took from this game.

Also, a simple thing, but when one of our players is on the ball, at least two others should be coming short and offering to take the ball off him. This hardly ever happens. The ball then gets punted long, invariably lost and then everyone has a go at the 'culprit'.

For the next game I'd like to see GA and Slew up front. Three in midfield - BA, AT and Norris - Norris in a holding role. One wide midfielder (swapping sides every 15 minutes) - this could be Wright but not Hine - he's not got enough pace. We really need Rollins back quickly. Defence I'd leave as is. Despite the criticism of the new keeper, I quite like him (I guess he has to play next game anyway).

TEP

Agree will all of the comments above ,  keen to see Rollins back 100% fit , Hine lacks pace and Rollins skill.

Mention of their central defenders I recall that 15 games into the season Pidge and Garner had usually accumulated 10/12 goals between them ,  we have not got a striker at present who has scored more than 3 goals .