Author Topic: V Brackley Town  (Read 9111 times)

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
V Brackley Town
« on: October 30, 2018, 07:34:12 PM »
Power out at York Street. No pa or commentary until Mick fixes it allegedly  :(
Hope the lights stay on!

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: V Brackley Town
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 08:19:13 PM »
Must be sorted because we are 1.0 down

youngchubby69

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 08:25:59 PM »
2-0 down now, our keeper is having a shocker.
Abbott and Thanjo are playing rubbish, infact they are all playing rubbish.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 08:35:42 PM »
Bring on Norris and Slew on at HT?

youngchubby69

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 08:42:35 PM »
Really poor performance, I can't believe my eyes after Saturday.
It's going to be a long second half, we are being done by a side that has more know how and organisation than we do.
I can't see a way back into this, no matter who comes on, this could be a cricket score to Brackley l am afraid.

youngchubby69

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 08:45:01 PM »
I am predicting 6-0 to Brackley.

youngchubby69

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 09:42:35 PM »
3-1 loss better performance in the second half, Chorley lost as well, so a chance missed, we definitely have a long way to go now as a team.
But we are still in the mix though and in a lot better position than last season.

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 09:43:52 PM »
Keeper suspect, ref was ridiculous and if a forward line of both Smith and Allott is the answer I don't know want to know what the question is. Second half team should have started.

Franketh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 10:22:41 PM »
CE really annoyed me in his post match interview, immediately closed down the interviewer when asked if he reacted quickly enough to Brackley shape.  CE blames the players. I completely agree with Mark Hone, I think it was evident after 15 minutes flat 442 was not working. It was very flat, Brackley played between the lines and had a pattern of play, we literally play it to the full backs and hoof.  I do question CE’s tactical nous

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 10:24:10 PM »
Beaten by a better team well organised by a top NLN manager who got the tactics right .

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 10:30:53 PM »
Really starting to worry about Craig s tactics. After this number of games we should have a settled side , know his best players and system.

I not sure he knows his best side and he worries too much about opposition tactics.

We are missing a big opportunity this year because nobody really stands out.

Its not too late but can't afford any more slip ups.

Am I the only one with these views?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 10:44:30 PM »
2-0 down now, our keeper is having a shocker.
Abbott and Thanjo are playing rubbish, infact they are all playing rubbish.

Be careful Chubby they all come on to me like a ton of bricks when I say these two are the poorest mid fielders we have had for a while. They really are a non entity and that really is the area we have to sort out, why he signed Norris and doesn't replace one of the clowns with him defies logic.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2018, 10:46:00 PM »
Beaten by a better team well organised by a top NLN manager who got the tactics right .
I fully agree GHM. They'd done their homework, and much like the first half on Saturday, we were outnumbered in the engine room, and as a result we produced little in terms of positive forward play.  On Saturday we were lucky in that Hereford didn't capitalise in the first half, but not so today. Just like at home to Kidderminster earlier this season, we didn't turn up as a unit until half time, by which time it was too late, and the game was realistically gone.

I have a second point, and that is why have we signed a player of David Norris calibre not to use him? Had I been in CE's shoes tonight, I might have turned to my experienced ex-pro? We badly needed somebody to put their foot on the ball and take charge.

Anyway, Brackley got it right tonight, they deserved the 3 points, and not for the first time, our engine room hasn't coped against a different formation.

Still, we are still miles better off than this time last year, so UTP.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2018, 08:11:46 AM »
I cannot believe that nobody has pointed out how BAD our keeper is.  He was a massive weak link.  The only save he made was when the shot was going two yards wide.  I think he was at fault for two of the goals, and I think Willis would have saved all three.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2018, 08:11:58 AM »
We should accept that there are better teams in the league than us and we're going to get footballing lessons like we did last night. You can blame individuals or the manager but this is football. Let's also not forget that CE is still learning his trade at NLN level - and its so much easier being an armchair manager like we all are. Furthermore, this is non league - mistakes are going to be made on and off the pitch by players and management.

It is frustrating, particularly after the second half on Saturday but this could be how this season goes for us. Win one, lose one.

TEP