Author Topic: V Hereford  (Read 5565 times)

youngchubby69

V Hereford
« on: October 27, 2018, 06:19:45 PM »
A good win today, we rode our luck at times.
First half was poor for us,and Hereford to be fair played some nice football at times.
Everyone put in a good shift today, Ben Davies deliveries were fantastic for the first 2 goals.
Allotts lay off for Slews goal was class.
Very happy Chubby tonight.
Well done everyone.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: V Hereford
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 07:27:43 PM »
I have received a bit of stick for naming players who I feel are struggling so, this week I will not mention the strugglers because you saw for yourselves who they are. That first half was desperately poor from the boys and we were lucky to go in all square against a lively and very decent Hereford however, playing down the slope in the second half we seemed a different team. It has to be said the deliveries from Ben Davies were superb for both goals. And the question a lot of people will be asking is What on earth is Slew doing sitting on the bench? He looked so comfortable on the ball and terrified their defense and his goal was sheer class, He really does seem to me to be the perfect partner up front for the ever improving Allet.    UTP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 08:12:20 PM »
I think Slew will get at least 45mins on Tues or even get a start .   It was clear to see his potential in the short time he was on the field , looks as though he can turn out to be a crowd pleaser .

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 09:03:42 PM »
I agree!

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 09:12:47 PM »
We got there in the end! The first half reminded me very much of the home game vs Kiddy earlier this season. Hereford lined up 3-5-2 and made the pitch as wide as possible. It meant they out-numbered us in the engine room, and with nobody putting their foot on the ball, we couldn't seem to get into the game. The second half was quite different. We got hold of the ball and dictated what happened, and we all saw the result. It could have been very different had Hereford taken their first half chances like Kiddy did down here. It's the sort of game we let slip earlier in the season, so it's good to take all 3 points. I thought the new keeper did ok without needing to make too many saves. I thought the new lad at the back looked incredibly nervous initially, but made better decisions as the game went on. As already been said, great delivery from Davies for the first two goals, and a tidy finish from Slew to wrap it up. Bring on Brackley! Looking forward to Tuesday already!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 09:15:56 PM »
I usually get had at for moaning so thought id change tac....lets forget about the playing deep negative first half peformance and talk about the 2nd half.  Davies deliveries made the difference hes very experienced and it shows...knows how to put a good ball in, knows when to play a foul in the right areas.  Now slew is class, in my opinion way 2 good for this league.  He needs to play off gavin / gregg but we cant play gregg / gavin aa both 2 similar....#playslew
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 09:19:15 PM by jelangley »

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 10:18:01 PM »
Well done boys. Bounced back from last week. Our home and away records are now virtually identical. Is that a form of consistency? This league is bonkers. We have not scored in almost 50% of our games, and yet we are 3rd in the table! I am a confirmed CE advocate, but I guess even he would allow himself a quiet chuckle tonight.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 12:36:35 AM »
Well done boys. Bounced back from last week. Our home and away records are now virtually identical. Is that a form of consistency? This league is bonkers. We have not scored in almost 50% of our games, and yet we are 3rd in the table! I am a confirmed CE advocate, but I guess even he would allow himself a quiet chuckle tonight.

Good post Brummie, I don't think we've drawn a game yet either, have we? So that healthy placing in the table is also due to grabbing the extra 2 points (especially  on the road & not going for the point). You get the feeling, like first half today, when we have ended up winning games, when nowhere near how good we can be. Over the course of the season this team will develop  & gel under CE, we could have a really strong second half of the season.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 08:56:10 AM »

Good post Brummie, I don't think we've drawn a game yet either, have we? So that healthy placing in the table is also due to grabbing the extra 2 points (especially  on the road & not going for the point). You get the feeling, like first half today, when we have ended up winning games, when nowhere near how good we can be. Over the course of the season this team will develop  & gel under CE, we could have a really strong second half of the season.
during the second half of last season I think we scored more points than both of the promoted teams, and indeed beat them both at the business end of the season. If we can repeat anything like that, then we will make the playoffs, I have no doubt. Before we get to the turn of the year though, we have what looks like a very tough December. If we are there or there abouts on January 1st, then I reckon we've a decent shot at a promotion opportunity.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 02:48:35 PM by The Third Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2018, 09:55:12 AM »
Really enjoyed the game, just a shame the weather was horrible!
First half was pretty even, nice to see us up the tempo in the second half.
Pleased to see Gavin Allot on the score sheet, people were worrying if he could make the step up.
Hope to be there Tuesday night.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2018, 10:14:23 AM »
Missed the game, even thou I have a season ticket, getting over a bad chest infection, so the missus put her foot down.  Well done lads :)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2018, 02:20:45 PM »
Good win lads, well done!
Bring on the best defences in this league for Smithy, Allot and Slew to have a go at... like lambs to the slaughter!   8)

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2018, 03:41:51 PM »

during the second half of last season I think we scored more points than both of the promoted teams, and indeed beat them both at the business end of the season. If we can repeat anything like that, then we will make the playoffs, I have no doubt. Before we get to the turn of the year though, we have what looks like a very tough December. If we are there or there abouts on January 1st, then I reckon we've a decent shot at a promotion opportunity.

Will go with that TTT ! You make good point 're last seasons renaissance in the New Year under Craig. Also that amazing points haul & form against the top 7. That was no fluke & he did it with predominantly an AM squad that days b4 Christmas looked relegated!! Completely rebuilding a team & hitting the ground running is an art not a science, only certain Managers can do it. So yeah I'll go with ur post anything like the form after Christmas gone & we will b play offs at worst.