Author Topic: v Darlington  (Read 17483 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Darlington
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2018, 08:01:55 PM »
He's on 4 yellows in the league (plus 1 in the FA Cup - is treated on its own for yellows this season, where 2 bookings = 1 game ban). Nuneaton, Alty, Curzon and Blyth.

Had he been booked before his straight red, he'd have been given an extra game ban. However, if he now avoids a booking until 1st December he'll have to have 10 bookings to be suspended (2 games - Telford and Southport).
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 08:04:29 PM by Pilgrim86 »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2018, 10:52:52 PM »
If Nuneaton go bust does that yellow card get rescinded?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2018, 10:35:40 AM »
Nope! Weirdly, bookings and red cards don't get wiped out for abandoned and nulled games, but goals/results do!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2018, 12:57:07 PM »
having watched the video and agreeing sadly that both looked nailed on reds, to lose to an OG was bad. the thing that i really noticed was their ground. i wonder if thats what we have to look forward to in Wybo?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2018, 01:08:38 PM »
Theirs is a converted rugby ground, rather than a new build.

youngchubby69

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2018, 05:46:19 PM »
having watched the video and agreeing sadly that both looked nailed on reds, to lose to an OG was bad. the thing that i really noticed was their ground. i wonder if thats what we have to look forward to in Wybo?
Have you looked at the submitted and approved plans for our new ground, it looks nothing like what they have got, and much superior.
Yes plans can change, but at a massive cost in time and money, and we have started building ours, so that means the contractor is building to the approved plans.
We will have a fantastic stadium to be proud of, the chestnuts will not let us down, they haven't so far.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2018, 06:20:38 PM »
Have you looked at the submitted and approved plans for our new ground, it looks nothing like what they have got, and much superior.
Yes plans can change, but at a massive cost in time and money, and we have started building ours, so that means the contractor is building to the approved plans.
We will have a fantastic stadium to be proud of, the chestnuts will not let us down, they haven't so far.
I have Chubby.. there at the launch with architects etc. Like you i would love to see it built as per plans... however... the sports hall i believe has been dropped. Possibly the 3g pitch has been put back...i know/believe there will be a new stadium.. just what shape it takes may be different to the plan...

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2018, 06:49:34 PM »
I have Chubby.. there at the launch with architects etc. Like you i would love to see it built as per plans... however... the sports hall i believe has been dropped. Possibly the 3g pitch has been put back...i know/believe there will be a new stadium.. just what shape it takes may be different to the plan...

As I have said before Darlington is my least favorite ground. For those who have only seen it on the highlights the camera is located on a balcony above the Rugby clubhouse and dugouts which has little more than a footpath from which to view the game the whole length of the ground, the footpath continues the whole width of the pitch behind the goal (away end). The stand on the far side is the only seated area and is only half way line to away end. Behind the other goal is a bus stop type stand  (home end). So not one part of this sh%t hole is any thing like our new stadium will be.   UTP

youngchubby69

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2018, 09:32:50 PM »

As I have said before Darlington is my least favorite ground. For those who have only seen it on the highlights the camera is located on a balcony above the Rugby clubhouse and dugouts which has little more than a footpath from which to view the game the whole length of the ground, the footpath continues the whole width of the pitch behind the goal (away end). The stand on the far side is the only seated area and is only half way line to away end. Behind the other goal is a bus stop type stand  (home end). So not one part of this sh%t hole is any thing like our new stadium will be.   UTP
What's the story behind their new ground Mel, didn't Mr Dodgy Sotnick go there as some sort of Director.
I am sure they had a much better ground than that before he went there.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2018, 08:11:16 AM »
If I remember correct, they had the best ground in non league.  I believe it could hold way more fans than was needed, so was nearly empty all the time.  I think the man who invested in it was some guy called Reynolds.  I do remember Sotnic going there and taking  Jewey with him, after he had an outstanding game against them.  But my memory gets muddled, so ignore this post ;D ;D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2018, 09:47:57 AM »
If I remember correct, they had the best ground in non league.  I believe it could hold way more fans than was needed, so was nearly empty all the time.  I think the man who invested in it was some guy called Reynolds.  I do remember Sotnic going there and taking  Jewey with him, after he had an outstanding game against them.  But my memory gets muddled, so ignore this post ;D ;D

The best ground in non-league. Hmm. I know what you mean, but it was a depressing place, and a club averaging 1,500 in a 25,500 seat megabowl is always going to end up in trouble. It was a massive oversized folly tossed up by an ex-criminal, way too big for the club and also way too big for the local infrastructure since although it had 25k seats, the council restricted capacity to 10k so many of them have never had anyone sit in them!

It's called the Northern Echo Arena now and occupied by a rugby team I believe. I'd be amazed if it's not demolished within the next few years.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2018, 10:28:14 AM »
Biggest dugouts in world football!

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2018, 11:14:04 AM »
I always like Feethams

Yeah it was a dump and the away end was basically condemned but it had a bit of character and was in the town centre.  Watching a Lee Thompson hattrick helps the memories too!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2018, 01:11:30 PM »
JJ scored a hat trick (I think)  against Darlo at YS and just after Darlo signed him for a reputed £100k.

Geo Reynolds was alleged to be a safe breaker by the press before his Darlo days .
I think it was about that time that a press report alleged the Police pulled him into a layby and asked him to open his car boot ,  this exposed £250k of cash ,  when asked to explain Reynolds replied  "don't lots of people carry a load of money in their car boot" ?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2018, 01:36:09 PM »
JJ scored a hat trick (I think)  against Darlo at YS and just after Darlo signed him for a reputed £100k.

Geo Reynolds was alleged to be a safe breaker by the press before his Darlo days .
I think it was about that time that a press report alleged the Police pulled him into a layby and asked him to open his car boot ,  this exposed £250k of cash ,  when asked to explain Reynolds replied  "don't lots of people carry a load of money in their car boot" ?

I remember that game, think there'd been a trust meeting before it or something and we ended up trashing 'em 4-0 or 4-1 or something.