Author Topic: v Darlington  (Read 17489 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Darlington
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 03:43:03 PM »
Oxo you seem to have got it in for Abbott! I wasn't there yesterday so cannot comment on his performance but
you seem to have forgotten his great goal last week. I have previously been impressed with him and Andi
but I think we need to play 3 in midfield with Norris coming in to support them both. We often seem to be
up against sides that try to swamp midfield. I agree that a fresh goalkeeper will help and I would
like to see two quick forwards running off Allott, probably a mix of Johnson,Slew and Hine. A new centre half
would also help and make Davies captain as soon as possible.

No doubt everybody will have a go at that, but just my views

Agree with your comment on Abbott , like all players at any level he does have bad days but  I recall Mark Hone when commentating saying he had told Danny and Nicky Cowley they should take a look at Abbott and Thanoj.
CE must have a crystal ball having signed a goalie on Thursday . Let's hope the new man can establish the goal keeping place .     
Also right time to hand the captaincy to Davies .

youngchubby69

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2018, 04:26:01 PM »
Strange how after a 4-0 win patter is relatively quiet all week then as soon as we loose, it springs to life again...
That's the nature of us fickle fans,I am afraid .
But the most important thing is, that we are still here talking about and supporting them.
it's a sad realty in life today. If you do something well, you seldom get told so, but do something badly, and 10 people will quickly tell you what went wrong, and what you should have done instead.

A loss may be disappointing, but we are still 2 points from 3rd place, and I for one will take that compared to this time last season. UTP.
Very very true word's, it's a sad fact of life today.
Manners is a dying culture today, l work in such an environment, it's depressing and de motivated.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 08:26:19 PM »
Just watched a 12 minute clip on YouTube. Couple of comments. Middleton tried to "do" their player. You can see that clearly from the camera shot behind the goal. Willis had a bad day. I don't know why CE is unsure about his red card, it was blatant. Smith completely absent from highlights. Very disappointing.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2018, 08:58:04 PM »
Just watched a 12 minute clip on YouTube. Couple of comments. Middleton tried to "do" their player. You can see that clearly from the camera shot behind the goal. Willis had a bad day. I don't know why CE is unsure about his red card, it was blatant. Smith completely absent from highlights. Very disappointing.

So brummie my report from Darlington was not far off the mark.

youngchubby69

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2018, 09:43:06 PM »
Sorry l have to disagree with the Willis sending off, he clearly gets the ball before the Darlington player, and caught him after, which is a 50/50 challenge.
The Darlington player is heading towards the corner flag, and Jackson is clearly running in behind to cover Willis, so he can't be the last man.
The ref made a bad judgment, and we should appeal, and by the way, the Darlington player soon got up and ran towards Willis in a very aggressive manner after the red card was shown, and if the ref hadn't stopped him the player would have took retribution on Willis.
We won't appeal it though as it is too expensive.

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2018, 12:10:32 AM »
I think the Willis sending off may be a blessing in disguise if this new keeper is anything like. Playing in front of Willis must be a nerve jangling experience. His positioning is questionable a lot of the time and is no help with crosses.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2018, 08:53:28 AM »
Both nailed on reds for me, Willis chopped the lad in half wether he got the ball first or not is immaterial.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2018, 12:00:35 PM »
Both nailed on reds for me, Willis chopped the lad in half wether he got the ball first or not is immaterial.
i though when i watched the highlights that after the "challenge" their forward goes towards GW and the referee jumps between before he gets there to avoid a confrontation. my take on that is the forward is taking an issue with GW over the "tackle".
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2018, 03:52:30 PM »
Sorry l have to disagree with the Willis sending off, he clearly gets the ball before the Darlington player, and caught him after, which is a 50/50 challenge.
The Darlington player is heading towards the corner flag, and Jackson is clearly running in behind to cover Willis, so he can't be the last man.
The ref made a bad judgment, and we should appeal, and by the way, the Darlington player soon got up and ran towards Willis in a very aggressive manner after the red card was shown, and if the ref hadn't stopped him the player would have took retribution on Willis.

Bloody hell Chubby I thought it was bad enough on the day but the highlights show just how diabolical it was. It was and he is disgusting, Hope the new lad claims his place.  UTP

youngchubby69

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2018, 06:30:49 PM »

Bloody hell Chubby I thought it was bad enough on the day but the highlights show just how diabolical it was. It was and he is disgusting, Hope the new lad claims his place.  UTP
I like to look on the positive side LOL.
You are right about the new keeper though, he must have thought his Christmases had all come at once, when Willis was sent off.
Willis may be sat on the bench for a while now, wonder who will be the captain now?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2018, 07:16:53 PM »
When will the Willis ban start ?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2018, 10:08:07 PM »

After this weekend, so Tues Oct 30 home to Brackley?
United we stand..................

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2018, 10:53:06 AM »

Nope, starts 7 days after the offence. Both Willis and Middleton will miss 3 games, according to the FA website.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions - search for "Boston United" and then click "Awaiting Suspension". Intriguingly, Willis is only showing as "George" with no surname!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2018, 11:54:27 AM »

Nope, starts 7 days after the offence. Both Willis and Middleton will miss 3 games, according to the FA website.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions - search for "Boston United" and then click "Awaiting Suspension". Intriguingly, Willis is only showing as "George" with no surname!

All Saturday football only. Think we should play on that and let them play Tuesday and just play ignorance

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2018, 07:25:16 PM »
Middleton can't have been far off a suspension based on accrued yellow cards. Do they get wiped during his red-card ban, or are they still on his record?