Author Topic: v Darlington  (Read 17481 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v Darlington
« on: October 20, 2018, 04:59:37 PM »
One down and Middleton sent off.
Willis now sent off so down to 9 men, but still trying to attack.
United we stand..................

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Darlington
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 05:01:17 PM »
Full time - lost 1 - 0
United we stand..................

youngchubby69

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 05:03:57 PM »
Oh bugger, what the hell has gone wrong today, looking forward to a match report from a traveling fan today.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 05:53:55 PM »
Middleton has been sent off twice for stupid fouls.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 06:50:04 PM »
I'm afraid he gives the impression of being a hot head too often.

Greengrass

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 07:10:49 PM »
When I told Mrs Greengrass that Middleton was sent off for hacking down Elliott in the centre circle she just said " serves him right for straying out of his technical area so far " 😂😂😂

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 07:19:29 PM »
Didn't start great. They scored albeit with a bit of fortune as the lad missed a sitter at back post it hit the post and went in off our bloke
Then we went down to 10 wasn't really paying attention but it was a late tackle. Ref let their bloke get off no card for something not much better seconds earlier

2nd half we had enough ball, couple of efforts not far off then willis got a red and to be fair we all said red 5 seconds before he took the lad clean out

Frustrating as 11 v 11 we'd have probably got a result

Very disappointing

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 08:36:06 PM »
Well here goes. This was right up there with some of the worst football matches I have ever seen. Their goal early on was a bit of a fluke but also poor goalkeeping, I honestly thought we would recover from that and win against a very poor Darlington but hey we are Boston United and don't do come backs. I do though agree with Josh that had we had eleven for 90 minutes we would probably have got a result and there is the problem. Middletons dismissal was disgraceful on his part only a couple of minutes before his appalling two footed tackle he was extremely luck to avoid a yellow for a nasty tackle, and let us not try to make excuses for him as he came into this game only needing a yellow for a one match ban. We spend a lot of money travelling every week to support the team and deserve our players to be disciplined, He should have his wages stopped and be donated to my jam jar fund for the supporters. Moving on to our esteemed captain setting a fine example by hacking down a player 10 yards outside the box instead of running with him and keeping him on his outside. So another three match ban but look on the bright side we have a new keeper and hopefully he can cement his place in the team. Can anyone tell me why oh why does Craig persevere with Abbott when we have Nosher on the bench. It does appear last weeks 4-1 was a flash in the pan as the two big lads up front only flattered to deceive, Smithy never won a ball and was very disappointing in fairness only Ash Jackson did the business. Well there it is make of it what you will I will of course be there next week cheering them on.  UTP
PS Forgot to mention the man in black who was typically useless.

Boston forever

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 08:42:45 PM »
Strange how after a 4-0 win patter is relatively quiet all week then as soon as we loose, it springs to life again...

youngchubby69

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 09:36:33 PM »
Well here goes. This was right up there with some of the worst football matches I have ever seen. Their goal early on was a bit of a fluke but also poor goalkeeping, I honestly thought we would recover from that and win against a very poor Darlington but hey we are Boston United and don't do come backs. I do though agree with Josh that had we had eleven for 90 minutes we would probably have got a result and there is the problem. Middletons dismissal was disgraceful on his part only a couple of minutes before his appalling two footed tackle he was extremely luck to avoid a yellow for a nasty tackle, and let us not try to make excuses for him as he came into this game only needing a yellow for a one match ban. We spend a lot of money travelling every week to support the team and deserve our players to be disciplined, He should have his wages stopped and be donated to my jam jar fund for the supporters. Moving on to our esteemed captain setting a fine example by hacking down a player 10 yards outside the box instead of running with him and keeping him on his outside. So another three match ban but look on the bright side we have a new keeper and hopefully he can cement his place in the team. Can anyone tell me why oh why does Craig persevere with Abbott when we have Nosher on the bench. It does appear last weeks 4-1 was a flash in the pan as the two big lads up front only flattered to deceive, Smithy never won a ball and was very disappointing in fairness only Ash Jackson did the business. Well there it is make of it what you will I will of course be there next week cheering them on.  UTP
PS Forgot to mention the man in black who was typically useless.
Oh dear,oh dear oh dear.
And that's all l have to say.

youngchubby69

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 09:39:19 PM »
Strange how after a 4-0 win patter is relatively quiet all week then as soon as we loose, it springs to life again...
That's the nature of us fickle fans,I am afraid .
But the most important thing is, that we are still here talking about and supporting them.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 09:18:32 AM »
But the most important thing is, that we are still here talking about and supporting them.
it's a sad realty in life today. If you do something well, you seldom get told so, but do something badly, and 10 people will quickly tell you what went wrong, and what you should have done instead.

A loss may be disappointing, but we are still 2 points from 3rd place, and I for one will take that compared to this time last season. UTP.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 09:33:21 AM »
Spot on  TTT

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 10:20:15 AM »
it's a sad realty in life today. If you do something well, you seldom get told so, but do something badly, and 10 people will quickly tell you what went wrong, and what you should have done instead.

A loss may be disappointing, but we are still 2 points from 3rd place, and I for one will take that compared to this time last season. UTP.

My old boss once told me,if you want to be remembered make the biggest c@@k up you can😊
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2018, 11:32:11 AM »
Oxo you seem to have got it in for Abbott! I wasn't there yesterday so cannot comment on his performance but
you seem to have forgotten his great goal last week. I have previously been impressed with him and Andi
but I think we need to play 3 in midfield with Norris coming in to support them both. We often seem to be
up against sides that try to swamp midfield. I agree that a fresh goalkeeper will help and I would
like to see two quick forwards running off Allott, probably a mix of Johnson,Slew and Hine. A new centre half
would also help and make Davies captain as soon as possible.

No doubt everybody will have a go at that, but just my views