Author Topic: Arnold....  (Read 8630 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Arnold....
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2018, 04:42:48 PM »
When he signed for us, this forum had so many positive posts about his quality and pedigree, myself included. It doesn't matter how talented you are, or have been, if you don't want to play or can't be bothered, you're a waste of valuable wages. What a shame, but that's football. I'd much rather watch players who try their best and give everything when they cross the white line. He is no loss in my book.
Such a shame it did not work out for him, like you l really thought he was a quality signing.
CE must have thought he had hit the jackpot with him, but now he must feel really let down, as most of us do.
Will be interesting to see who comes in to replace him.

I'm perplexed like u 2. Why would he sign then check out?? Ok money but he had other offers  really strange one??
Yes champs it's really quite baffling, no doubt it will all come out in dye course.

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2018, 12:50:11 PM »
I see he is now blaming "broken promises" for leaving. Interesting...nothing to do with putting no effort in then!!!

youngchubby69

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2018, 01:01:04 PM »
I see he is now blaming "broken promises" for leaving. Interesting...nothing to do with putting no effort in then!!!
I think Arnold has actually forgot his main job was to play football.
https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/ex-lincoln-city-grimsby-town-2087565

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2018, 01:57:54 PM »
Well, if he was told he would be assistant manager but then wasn't then he probably has some right to feel aggrieved surely. No-one wants to take a job under false pretences.

Course, the fact Arnold was mostly gubbins for us means it's immaterial in the end - but I'd like to think CE is above promising things like that and then not delivering. Be interesting to hear his side of it. Might have just been a simple misunderstanding.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2018, 03:50:38 PM »
"I don’t feel I have to justify myself to anyone as I have had a fantastic career "

In football, you have to justify yourself every week! Look at Ben Davies and David Norris - careers that Arnold could only dream of, but they put in a full shift every game.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 03:55:16 PM by Ferret »

youngchubby69

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2018, 04:01:07 PM »
"I don’t feel I have to justify myself to anyone as I have had a fantastic career "

In football, you have to justify yourself every week! Look at Ben Davies and David Norris - careers that Arnold could only dream of, but they put in a full shift every game.
I agree with you, he was employed to job on the field, if he wasn't then how the hell can CE have any confidence in him doing a job of the field.
Personally I would signed Mcsheffery, he looked like a very capable player in pre season.
Sorry if I have spelt his name wrong.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2018, 04:38:01 PM »
He sounds like an honest lad so obviously some wires have been badly crossed.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR