Author Topic: Oh dear  (Read 29723 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Oh dear
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2018, 10:42:09 AM »
i once watched the teletext screen (no other matches on the screen) for the entire game boston v yeovil game- 0-0 til 90+2 daryl clare. promotion season i think
very sad but hey
Do they still have Teletext? I remember there used to be a page with Lincolnshire sport on it.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2018, 12:16:03 PM »
i once watched the teletext screen (no other matches on the screen) for the entire game boston v yeovil game- 0-0 til 90+2 daryl clare. promotion season i think
very sad but hey

Ok, we have a winner.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2018, 12:34:23 PM »
very sad but hey

I think we scored early on, and held on for the 1-0. I remember being sat at home doing GCSE coursework whilst listening to it on Radio Lincs AM frequency (which was an awful reception at the best of times).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2018, 12:38:22 PM »
Remember calling Club Call number from a phone box in the eighties to see how we were doing. Bloody expensive

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2018, 02:00:11 PM »

youngchubby69

« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2018, 03:15:17 PM »
Remember calling Club Call number from a phone box in the eighties to see how we were doing. Bloody expensive
I used to call the pilgrim lounge and ask them what the score was when I was at work.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2018, 03:35:50 PM »
I remember going to reserve games at York Street, and JB would call the club for Colin Woodcock to announce over the tannoy any goals in the first team's game.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2018, 04:12:58 PM »
very sad but hey

I think we scored early on, and held on for the 1-0. I remember being sat at home doing GCSE coursework whilst listening to it on Radio Lincs AM frequency (which was an awful reception at the best of times).

After 5 minutes according to this: http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/N260302.html I was at Arnold Town that evening I think.
The only last minute winner I can think of from that season was at Southport. (what a great day out that was)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2018, 04:30:25 PM »
so much for my memory

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2018, 04:33:39 PM »
Was this the night the supporters coach got bricked? Me and my lad jumped of the bus and chased the bar stewards into a car park. Remember the bus company would only let us travel back on it if the inner window was ok thank god it only cracked the outer glass or we would have had to wait for another coach.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2018, 05:12:45 PM »
Was this the night the supporters coach got bricked? Me and my lad jumped of the bus and chased the bar stewards into a car park. Remember the bus company would only let us travel back on it if the inner window was ok thank god it only cracked the outer glass or we would have had to wait for another coach.

Some ironically great posts but my absolute surreal BUFC experience was inbetween the DG brexit & AM takeover. About 50 of went to Witton Albion on the Sat & it was abandoned @ half time due to all the pies & programmes being sold.....official line was in fact FOG that clears that up. The rescheduled game was I believe the following Tuesday. So Sandra & Maureen managed to get about 15 of us to fulfill our loyal BUFC duty....we didn't take any persuading! The November weather in Bostonshire was below freezing all day....we got sent home from graft  at 11am due to the frost. Witton  guaranteed us it was ok & the game was on. We duly left York Street at 3pm. At 19.05 & with us 10 mins from ground a pitch inspection took place & the appointed Ref declared the pitch unplayable. So like u do we piled onto the first Pub we came to. Watched Hull beat Newcastle on penalties in the league cup. Then as we had no other plans just drove back to York Street. Amazingly none of us went back for the 3rd game....we r so fickle & fairweather!!

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2018, 05:50:39 PM »
Got into big trouble from my dad by ringing this all the tine.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2018, 11:31:33 PM »
Back in the nineties I recall ringing the standard club phone number just after full time to find out the score in a FA Cup game. I was told we won 10-1 and assumed I had misheard so asked again. I’d heard right first time...