Author Topic: Oh dear  (Read 29749 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Oh dear
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2018, 06:49:27 PM »
I got slammed on here last week for even suggesting that CE position might be under threat by OXO and some others.
So I am not going to comment on that this week.
A very poor performance from so many out there today.
I just can't get my head round why after the dismal performance from both of the Grimsby lads last week, why he played them again.
We have options in those positions, Wafula,Johnson, Marriott and Margets. Walker need's to get out on the wing, he is not a Striker full stop.
Sorry but why would you play virtually the fecking team out there that performed so bad the week before.
A change of manager at this time is not the answer, let's see what Greg and Nosher bring to the team in the next few weeks.
I thought both of them played well today and added some bite and know how.
Mark Jones and Lewis Hilliard were outstanding today for PS.
It hurts today but we were beaten by a better side who played football mainly on the floor and took there chances.
Good luck to them in the next round.
I have to say this though to CE and surely be an X striker himself he must know that, strikers only get their form back by playing and not sat on the bench.

I'm with you on this.  But did the loan deal for the Grimsby lads state that we have to play them for a certain amount of time, if so, then tear it up and send them back 'cos this is a league too far for them.   Why do we never have a player stood at the back of the box for the over-played corners or flick-ons from the box!

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2018, 07:06:43 PM »
where to start? other that to agree with most comments so far. This is Graham Drury standard BUFC football.

1. Passes from defence and midfield were just desparate hoofs to anywhere up the pitch but rarely to a BUFC body
2. I think we won no crossed balls in their box until Greg came on and even then they were mainly off target (a point GS raised in his post-match interview on BBC)
3. Our defence looks like it can't be bothered most of the time. In contrast the no.s 4 and 5 central pairing for PS were awesome, bossed their own box completely; better than any of the defenders we had today. Bet they would not move from PS to BUFC even if asked.
4. I've been pretty loyal to Craig so far, but it's as if he's run out of ideas. Sure Nosher looks like he'll be a quality signing, and whilst we all love GS to bits for his effort and personality, he don't look fit and I feel it's a signing borne out of desperation as much as an eye for talent.
5. In his own post-match interview Criag stated that more than a few players have been told or will be told to move on; that he'd rather work with lower quality players that try hard and do what's asked of them, than expensive showboats that won't out in the hard yards. I fear this has to happen fast or it will be Craig himself who is asked to move on.
6. True our league position is still ok and yes we have gone out of the FA cup (but hardly different in that respect to many previous seasons. What really rattles me now though is the sense of panic and lack of cohesion that is beginning to surface behind the scenes.
7. Finally today was an insult to fans who turn up and pay extra money (over and above the season ticket, the teamsheet draws, the golden goals etc.). An embarrassment even if I can't spell it right.

natmic 66

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2018, 07:15:28 PM »
something defo wrong behind the scenes..

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2018, 07:17:38 PM »
Signings are judged on how the players perform on the pitch ,  not what it says on their CV's

How many of CE signings have performed good enough to hold down a place in a team with p/o asperations ?

I expressed the same after match as Prof …..This is Graham Drury standard BUFC football.

youngchubby69

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2018, 08:36:01 PM »
After listening to Craig's interview, sadly he is really showing the pressure of management.
We have a very good manager but l feel he needs help in trying to motivate the player's.
We need to change the captain now, the leader needs to be an outfield player.
Everyone l spoke to today said the same thing, for me it's got be Ben Davies.
I do think that Ben Middleton needs to grow up, his attitude when walking off at the end of the game was very childish.
But to be fair to our defence today, they had a torrid time because the rest of the team were poor and they were under pressure most of time, because the midfield and forward line couldn't hold onto the ball  long enough.
That did improve in the second half though.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2018, 08:39:08 PM »
Agree that it was total garbage today but I did spot a couple of positives. The first was the removal of Abbot at half time what a liability that lad is however, his replacement was just what this team needs I hope Nosher quashed a few doubts he looked highly capable of being the proper mid fielder we are pining for, not scared of a tackle both ways, comfortable on the ball and posesses a lovely pass. I agree Arnold looked dis interested but the quality of all his corners were superb but we have nobody to attack them so you think if Smith was to come on he would have a chance, what happens? Arnold goes off. Our central defenders were awful Middleton looked as if he would have a nervous breakdown every time the ball came towards him and Qualter looks like and moves about as quick as a butchers dog. Thank goodness our next game is away as York Street doesn't deserve this. Will report back from that game, better leave it at that.

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2018, 09:01:10 PM »

i still think Elliot is the right man for the job he just has to find the right formation. if we could possibly get Hemmings and Thompson back and Rhead on loan from Lincoln we could still be up there .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2018, 09:10:38 PM »

i still think Elliot is the right man for the job he just has to find the right formation. if we could possibly get Hemmings and Thompson back and Rhead on loan from Lincoln we could still be up there .

No chance of Rhead from Lincoln .   Very little chance of Hemmings .

Craigs biggest task is to get rid of the expensive dross he signed in the summer .

Listening to Craig on BBC Lincs tonight I would not be surprised to see Arnold shown the door this week .

womble

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2018, 09:27:35 PM »
Anyone know why Darren Smith is not assisting Elliott this season. Maybe he was the motivator and the person to help Elliott get the best from the players. From Elliott's interviews he is hurting just like us. Hopefully he can get rid of the hangers on and rebuild like he did last November.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2018, 09:28:08 PM »
Like a lot of BUFC fans, I have not a clue what will happen next.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

youngchubby69

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2018, 09:38:19 PM »
Like a lot of BUFC fans, I have not a clue what will happen next.
You have summed it in just one sentence.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2018, 09:44:58 PM »
Wind back almost two years

The likes of Gatter batchelor robinson maguire Hilliard yeomans brown durrant smith vince marshall all got stick

In truth the current crop are much higher paid and no better. In fact the above shade this lot for 100% effort

Discuss

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2018, 09:59:35 PM »
Didn’t go today after hospital treatment, but I think this match was a water shed for the manager and there will be big changes afoot.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2018, 10:08:30 PM »
First of all, I didn't see today's game, I was in Birmingham. I did trawl throu

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2018, 10:34:18 PM »
CONTINUED.{ i have no idea what happened]. I read Craig's Twitter feed and it didn't smell good. The problem is recent s*i*e signings. I was tempted to say so after the Leamington defeat, but kept my mouth shut. I STILL trust trust CE to sort it out , but fear I could be one of the last 50 thanes that were hacked to bits before the Normans got to Harold.