Author Topic: Oh dear  (Read 29716 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Oh dear
« on: September 22, 2018, 03:40:17 PM »
Not going well at the moment 0-2
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
Re: Oh dear
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 04:24:23 PM »
A shot on target at 65 mins!

natmic 66

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 04:48:09 PM »
Too much chopping and changing! Prob losing the dressing room..

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 04:57:16 PM »
Taxi for Mr Elliott

natmic 66

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 05:00:34 PM »
Another FA cup money spinner gone!

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 05:03:49 PM »
Does the manager know what he's doing?

Two examples:

1) Smith was surplus to requirements - but now back

2) Willis dropped and not deemed good enough. Then made skipper

All seems a bit strange to me. Budget keeps going up and up. Not much progress in the last two seasons as far as I can see

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 05:06:51 PM »
The desperation is making things unsettled. Signing the likes of Smith is pure desperation to find a fix for the goal drought. We had good players who needed more time to get and make things work. But I now imagine the mood in the dressing room is low and no one knows what they expect from any other player or manager. After this amount of games we should now be putting all the wrongs right and pushing on. I feel that we are still in pre-season mode but with a desperate dressing room with low moral.

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 05:12:12 PM »
That was disgraceful. Outplayed and out fought by a lower league team. No skill, no fight, no nouse. Was Arnold actually playing today? This was a player who helped Lincoln do great things and yet he can't get a kick against Peterborough Sports!!! Big name players on the bench....again they should be lighting up this league, but clearly can't be bothered.

I was a big fan of CE, but am afraid it's wearing very thin.

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2018, 05:21:34 PM »
Harsh but I think elliot has to go.  He doesnt know his team, there isnt any organisation or discipline in the team either. 

Several players out of their depth too, Harris not a clue and certainly not a midfielder - walker tries but thats it - average at best.

Elliot has had long enough to know his best side, today was dreadful. I think.there is more going on behind the scenes, how a team like us can be so disorganised its beyond me.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2018, 05:28:38 PM »
Totally with you Stevie. So i dont get personal the number 7 and 9 are totally, without doubt, out of there depth, no balls  no aggression and used to some fancy academy football. Nicky is a winger, and you look at the career goals of those three its awful, on the bench three forwards with a goal ratio to die for, although not on fire at the minute.

Passes all over the place Arnold clearing taking the pxxs, and we never looked like scoring. Yes I love Gregs attitude and Norris still is quality, but these arent progressive signings. We were at home and it felt like they were better supported, more up for it. Hilliard who I always rated had space and time, and Jonesy never looked troubled up top, and they fully deserved the win full stop.

So Craig needs to sort whatever is going on behind the scenes and watch some of the dross on offer today on video, as im absolutlely livid on the total lack of bottle on show today. Worst display since Tommy Taylor days. Im off out again, rant over.

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2018, 05:40:15 PM »
Well, in over 50 years supporting the Club, that first half had to rank amongst the worst. Nathan Arnold had no control of the ball whatsoever, and his lack of INTEREST, never mind passion, was obvious to everyone in the ground. Ben Middleton missed almost everything that came his way and couldn't direct a ball to a yellow shirt. Our corners and free kicks evaded our players throughout the match. This was the match for which the word abysmal was thought up!

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2018, 05:43:18 PM »
If id of performed.to the same level at my work as these did today id of got the sack.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2018, 06:26:35 PM »
I thought that the "golden rule" of football coaching was to "always play to your strengths" {?}…

So weve got the smallest forward line EVER and we continue to hump the ball in the air at EVERY opportunity! WHY???

This is a serious point Im making here,and I wonder how our manager would explain it.?

We hardly won any aerial challenges today {AGAIN ! }.

iTS BAFFALLING!

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2018, 06:29:33 PM »
Hilliard was the best midfielder on the park until Nosher came on.  A Thanoj/Norris midfield partnership would be worth a try. Abbott was anonymous today.
Second half was better, but that wasn't difficult  :'(

youngchubby69

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2018, 06:34:55 PM »
I got slammed on here last week for even suggesting that CE position might be under threat by OXO and some others.
So I am not going to comment on that this week.
A very poor performance from so many out there today.
I just can't get my head round why after the dismal performance from both of the Grimsby lads last week, why he played them again.
We have options in those positions, Wafula,Johnson, Marriott and Margets. Walker need's to get out on the wing, he is not a Striker full stop.
Sorry but why would you play virtually the fecking team out there that performed so bad the week before.
A change of manager at this time is not the answer, let's see what Greg and Nosher bring to the team in the next few weeks.
I thought both of them played well today and added some bite and know how.
Mark Jones and Lewis Hilliard were outstanding today for PS.
It hurts today but we were beaten by a better side who played football mainly on the floor and took there chances.
Good luck to them in the next round.
I have to say this though to CE and surely be an X striker himself he must know that, strikers only get their form back by playing and not sat on the bench.