Author Topic: Oh dear  (Read 30015 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Oh dear
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2018, 11:29:53 AM »
Agree with much of what DT says.

Feel a bit sorry for CE. On paper he recruited well in the summer on the whole. He put his faith in the likes of Marriott, who has done it at a higher level and scored for fun at Royston last year. I'm not sure what's happened to the likes of him and Arnold. Wrong type of players around them? Don't like CE? Something else ? You generally don't become a bad player overnight. And we had the untimely departure of the star centre half from Harrogate.

I don't like the loanees - not good enough.

I think we need two new centre halves. The ones from PSL looked good. Height and / or pace up front - a must in this league. And finally, someone who can run with the ball , take players on and get crosses in - like a Hemmings or a Jay Rollins. Sort that out and we'll fly.

TEP

Re. the marquee signings of the summer. Undoubted talent but they just don't seem to be influencing games in the way you'd expect. In which case you would have to assume the issue is more tactical than anything else. Is Arnold, for example, playing the same kind of position/role he did at Lincoln? (Genuine question - I don't know).

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2018, 12:29:58 PM »
Craig has signed 28 players this season .  How many have performed well enough to be considered good enough to play for a team with P/O asperations .?

Out of the 6 strikers signed I don't think any fit the bill .

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2018, 02:56:19 PM »
I don't know Pete. Marriott has obviously done it at a higher level and a lower level. Maybe the dynamics of the team are vastly different here. Maybe he needs a tall partner to set him up. Not sure about Arnold. He looks a bit lightweight for the league. Great crosses, free kicks etc but not much else. Margetts ? He's never really scored anywhere - apart from a few at Gainsborough so I don't think he'll come good at Boston. I guess it's all about balance. For me though, in this league you've got to have either height or pace - anything else and you're too easy to mark. I would have loved to have marked our number 9 on Saturday. I think I'd have worn my slippers.

TEP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2018, 03:08:36 PM »
Would only have been Chorley at home in the next round, again!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2018, 05:02:06 PM »
I agree re Margetts. When he signed I thought he'd smash this league. But scrutiny of his scoring record yields very little

Arnold should breeze the league too. But it's just not working at the minute. Will CE get time? The board were very patient with Murray so he probably will. But 28 players signed is a huge number and bringing Gregg back (whilst I rate him at what he does and would have him in my side any day) tells me the hoof it style is here to stay

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2018, 11:37:55 PM »
Another year, same story in the cup!

On the bright side the league is wide open, except for Chorley at the top. We're 4 points off 2nd!

Confident CE can sort this team out and get us into the playoffs.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2018, 08:42:45 AM »

On the bright side the league is wide open, except for Chorley at the top. We're 4 points off 2nd!

Totally agree.  I think CE is learning his trade, if he was the finished article he would not be here.  I think we should back him, and not be fickle, oh hang on we are BUFC fans, that may be a bit hard.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

youngchubby69

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2018, 10:25:43 AM »

Totally agree.  I think CE is learning his trade, if he was the finished article he would not be here.  I think we should back him, and not be fickle, oh hang on we are BUFC fans, that may be a bit hard.
Yes no need to panic yet, you can clearly see that some players have let him down.
We still have plenty to play for yet, and who knows, we might make it to Wembley yet, and get promoted.
I saw enough in the second half when Nosher and Greg came on to convince me that we can be a team full of passion.
Because for me that is what we have lost this season.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2018, 04:47:34 PM »
Chubby I have been alerted to the fact that u sent me a Personal Message? I can't retrieve it at present. What did you want??

youngchubby69

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2018, 07:39:12 PM »
Chubby I have been alerted to the fact that u sent me a Personal Message? I can't retrieve it at present. What did you want??
God l think that was weeks ago when we had a few crossed words.
I just wanted to know why l had upset you ?
But things seem to be ok now.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2018, 12:36:59 AM »

Yeah cool. I was wasted at engagement party when I posted that nonsense. Rightly served my ban from patter. Sorry YC it was unacceptable.

youngchubby69

« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2018, 01:54:02 AM »

Yeah cool. I was wasted at engagement party when I posted that nonsense. Rightly served my ban from patter. Sorry YC it was unacceptable.
No worries thanks for the apologie, must have been a great party.

youngchubby69

« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2018, 01:57:10 AM »

No worries thanks for the apologie, must have been a great party.
Really wish l could get to more away games though, work or horses get in the way.
Frustrating really.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2018, 08:55:30 AM »

Love it. Pissed up at an engagement party, posting abusive nonsense on an obscure football team's internet forum. Haha. Superb. Is there anything more quintessentially non-league than that?  ;D

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2018, 10:31:50 AM »
i once watched the teletext screen (no other matches on the screen) for the entire game boston v yeovil game- 0-0 til 90+2 daryl clare. promotion season i think
very sad but hey