Author Topic: Westcarr & Lees Moving On  (Read 4925 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Westcarr & Lees Moving On
« on: September 10, 2018, 08:46:11 PM »
No surprises. Goal machine Westcarr never really looked at the races for us. Dual registration with Matlock Town for him.

TEP

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Westcarr & Lees Moving On
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 09:19:22 PM »
With 3 new arrivals it was inevitable that someone had to go to balance the books. Can't say I'm surprised with either.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 03:39:56 PM »
Are now joined by Cieron Keane who joins Basford on dual registration .

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 08:05:22 AM »
Are now joined by Cieron Keane who joins Basford on dual registration .

It's getting a bit daft now - he's only been with us about three weeks!

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 08:12:51 AM »
I agree Pete, with our most recent managers, I've never known such a large turn over of players, if I remember rightly, in the 70s & 80s we didn't have a revolving door policy, how can the team settle and gel with such movement of personnel.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 08:40:21 AM »
The constant tinkering and changing of personnel can't be helpful - not to mention costly

The Keane one is bizarre. From what I've seen down the years has decent. Experienced at this level too. Simply hasn't been given a chance

All this is costly too. CE doesn't know his best team or shape after all his time in the job and I can't see the club is any better off in the field than it was two years ago but has a bigger wage bill

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 10:08:45 AM »
I agree Pete, with our most recent managers, I've never known such a large turn over of players, if I remember rightly, in the 70s & 80s we didn't have a revolving door policy, how can the team settle and gel with such movement of personnel.

Your absolutely spot on. This is the root of the entire problem. Look at Murray's turnover of players it cost him his job. CE's going down the same avenue. Like him or loath him the last gaffer to assemble a consistent & talented TEAM was DG. Ironically it was when he lost most of his squad after the play off semi defeat that all this revolving door shite started. T & J is bang on we are no further forward since that sad Sunday at ferriby.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 10:28:53 AM »
The Keane one is bizarre. From what I've seen down the years has decent. Experienced at this level too. Simply hasn't been given a chance

He was only a stop gap - brought in during Jackson's suspension as cover for Gough. Both Gough and Jackson are under contract I believe, so neither of these were going to be pushed out ahead of Keane.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 12:44:10 PM »
This happens a lot at non league level. I'm not sure how costly it is as I imagine some of the players concerned only get paid if the play when they are drafted in later in the season. It certainly didn't do us any harm back in 2014/15 when we finished third and used 42 players in the process. That would have been Greeney. I remember Evans used to get through some players too - probably still does.

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 01:53:33 PM »
I guess a few of the players we have got now will be costly to move on .

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 08:26:14 PM »
But at this level costly to move on or not, if they stop getting selected it's the kiss of death for what is at best a precarious semi-pro career aspiration. And many then move on anyway just to get games. This is what CE now has to do, pick a nucleus of a starting 11, let em settle and gel. Make the most minor changes to the Start 11 to deal with injuries and suspensions only; and let it settle and gel. It's getting so ridiculous that regular fans don't know who they've come to watch on a Saturday- until 2.57pm it's a guess (unless you buy a teamsheet and then you don't recognsie half the names).