Author Topic: V Chester  (Read 13863 times)

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
Re: V Chester
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2018, 04:26:56 PM »
Margetts looked up for it when he came on, no service so at times he was dropping deep to get the ball.
Sums up yesterday's problem IMO. Thanoj was injured and strapped up to play, but he was limping for most of the second half and we were hitting the long ball.
 If Marriot could play just behind the main striker with a fully fit Thanoj feeding the ball through along the ground then it probably won't matter who the striker was he will get the service. It worked for Andre Johnson's goal earlier in the season.
That's my view of what I've seen at the home games so far,  we're much better away apparently  :police:

youngchubby69

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2018, 04:33:20 PM »
I am sorry but is this level a step to far for Craig Elliott.

Seems to have done alright until now... saved us from relegation last season, and within a few points of the play offs.

If you take defeats this badly (surely we should be used to them from the last couple of years), then maybe you need to chill out before posting on here after games...
You are probably right Tash, but to be fair to Craig he is trying to change things.
After having a night out last night with friends and thinking about things, l will retract my view on whether Craig is up to managing in this league.
I do think he his, but I think he did make a mistake in letting Greg go.
The Cowley's didn't dispose of Rhead as he gives them different options and they know that it is difficult to find a replacement.
Just my opinion though.

Perhaps you should have read this previous post before writing your comment about my post.
Keep up fella.
I know you try hard to criticize and single out certain sentencs in my posts, but you really need to move on.
Sadly you are only playing mind games with yourself, and you are making it really obvious that you don't like me.
But l don't really care matey.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2018, 06:39:26 PM »
I know it's early days but we look like a side that could be mid table at best.
I thought you were in the "give a man a chance brigade"? You defended Adam Murray for what seemed an eternity last season saying that many other posters, myself included, shouldn't be so harsh, so soon. This time last year we had 11 points from the first 30 available and were 17th , and today we have 15 and sit 9th. Okay, so today wasn't great, but I have to say the rant against the manager is somewhat premature IMO.

Anybody studying the CN at present could be of the option that all things considered the promotion places in this league are wide open. Chorley are on fire but so we're staleybridge Celtic in 2012 they thought they had the league won at Xmas about 8 pints clear & finished way off the pace. This season it's going 2 be ultra competitive. Just have a peep at the ex FL clubs in the mix. SOCKPORT..York..Southport.. Us..1883..Kiddy..Chester etc & then the for then the cash the other challengers have forked out. Its actually a superb league this year. CE hasnt done mid tBle for any of his sides yet. Yes hes stepped up a division but hes a winner....just like the cowleys. They had to step up from conference with braintree & they are top of League 2 now

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2018, 07:05:37 AM »
they thought they had the league won at Xmas about 8 pints clear & finished way off the pace.

Not the first footballers to fall for the demon drink and won't be the last.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2018, 09:07:08 AM »
The budget is big. The signings are marquee. But still the blend is all wrong. The board have backed Elliott as they did Murray. He didn't deliver despite a lot of sound bites. Hopefully Elliott will. There's less BS from him than Murray who was a BS genius so hopefully time will tell

youngchubby69

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2018, 02:49:38 PM »
Still plenty of time to put it right.
Let's hope for a huge response on Saturday from this team, let's get Harris in that midfield to add a bit of bite.
This team has loads of options, but does anyone know if the 3 on loan have permission to play in the FACup?
If not it might be a good opportunity to get Marriott and Johnson back on the pitch.

youngchubby69

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2018, 03:17:29 PM »
I know it's early days but we look like a side that could be mid table at best.

Heard your views on Radio Lincs about the sizeable  budget and feeling sorry for the board, if you know what the budget is you should say so. As for Craig and a step to far how ridiculous, you have shown every confidence in him up to now. It would have been impossible to have envisaged todays performance after last weeks excellent display at Stockport and quite rightly he kept faith with them. Yes we are finding it hard to score goals but make no mistake while ever we have our current number 8 and 4 we will continue, they are the worst pair of mid fielders ever to pull on a Boston shirt, never a decent pass to the forwards, giving away the ball and getting over run in midfield no wonder the defenders hit the ball long these two are never in position for a pass .  Put that right and we will be okay.
Don't know who you are talking about being on the radio, that's not me but I know who it is though.
I don't know what the budget is, but the general consensus is that it must be bigger than last season, perhaps you could shed some light on that.
I don't think it's ridiculous to doubt CE, l am only expressing my opinion on what I have seen lately.
I will as l said earlier continue to support him, you certainly will not find me shouting a bucket full of abuse at him.
I am though concerned like you about this midfield, they are very similar and are struggling to find a decent forward pass.
And as you said we are not going to score goals if this continues, as in my opinion Arnold and Walker are having to keep coming back to get the ball and take it forward.
You like me have watched many games of football, and when you put inexperienced young lads up against experienced center halfs they just get bullied when the ball is in the air.
Rose just got dominated and bullied.
But we have loads of time to improve and make no mistake we still have a decent team, and Craig will put it right.
We all just need to give him plenty of support and encouragement..
I am frustrated with our form so far, but l imagine he must be more frustrated than us.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2018, 08:45:30 PM »
they thought they had the league won at Xmas about 8 pints clear & finished way off the pace.

Not the first footballers to fall for the demon drink and won't be the last.

Good observation YSP ,  cheers  :)