Author Topic: V Chester  (Read 13709 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: V Chester
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2018, 10:33:40 PM »
Agree with you Bodge. YC - you defended Murray vociferously from day one. How about cutting CE a bit of slack..

I think we're lacking a plan B (height up front). Creativity on the wings and strikers with confidence. Simple really  :D

TEP

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2018, 11:23:39 PM »
Don't think Craig knows his best team or formation and not being helped by inconsistent players.
As for midfield think Abbott and thanoj are too similar and neither playing particularily well.
Always thought 10 games is a good point to look for a guide to where we stand. Still think we need a lot of work to be done.

youngchubby69

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2018, 11:49:53 PM »
Yes l was wrong about Murray, let's hope l am wrong about Craig.
He will have my support until his last day in charge, which l hope is in years to come.
I am not so sure that OXO is correct about the 8&4 being the worst midfield ever to be at this club.
Do agree with Holbeach 56 that they are to similar and we need someone different, we have Harris try him.
But l am sure we all agree on one thing, these types of performances can't carry on if we want to be in with a chance of promotion.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 08:04:32 AM »
Look on the bright side Chubby it probably means when the Crowley’s move on the gimps won’t come looking our way😀.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

youngchubby69

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2018, 08:13:24 AM »
Don't think Craig knows his best team or formation and not being helped by inconsistent players.
As for midfield think Abbott and thanoj are too similar and neither playing particularily well.
Always thought 10 games is a good point to look for a guide to where we stand. Still think we need a lot of work to be done.

Wasn't we saying the same thing about Murray last season ??

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2018, 08:30:39 AM »
CE looked shattered in his interview....

youngchubby69

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2018, 09:13:57 AM »
Look on the bright side Chubby it probably means when the Crowley’s move on the gimps won’t come looking our way😀.
You are probably right Tash, but to be fair to Craig he is trying to change things.
After having a night out last night with friends and thinking about things, l will retract my view on whether Craig is up to managing in this league.
I do think he his, but I think he did make a mistake in letting Greg go.
The Cowley's didn't dispose of Rhead as he gives them different options and they know that it is difficult to find a replacement.
Just my opinion though.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2018, 09:18:26 AM »
CE clearly lumped his eggs in them Lincoln lads firing basket.
Can you blame him, we all thought they were great signings 6 weeks ago?
But they've flopped or can't get used to this lower standard and now CE is trying to find his best team when ideally we'd have done this well before now

We are better when teams have a go at us, tactics were completely ineffective today. Way too much long ball, as picked up by the lad Ceesay when I bumped intohim on the train home

Need to pick home form up. Place should be a fortress, long trek to get here, intimidating atmosphere but it was so flat today and will be unless we start scoring at home.

Next week probably a good game to have but one which we're definitely capable of losing if recent performances are to go by

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2018, 09:22:24 AM »
Whilst we have more points on the board for all the alleged money spent on supposedly better players I can't see that the standard of our football has improved / changed a great deal from last year.

Really hope Craig finds his winning ways again soon because you can see in his interviews it looks like it is starting to get to him.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2018, 10:21:39 AM »
Every manager at what ever level will make mistakes, a good manager will spot them quickly and rectify them. I think the manager will get this team playing consistently but it may take longer than first thought. I don’t know if David Norris is still playing but if I had been Craig he would have been a player I would have brought with me.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

youngchubby69

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2018, 10:41:41 AM »
So what's happened to Andre Johnson??

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2018, 11:47:32 AM »
travelling from West Yorkshire to watching The Pilgrims. Performance was not very good to say the least. The ref was so poor, and could not keep up with the play just like the Lino

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2018, 02:05:02 PM »
I am sorry but is this level a step to far for Craig Elliott.

Seems to have done alright until now... saved us from relegation last season, and within a few points of the play offs.

If you take defeats this badly (surely we should be used to them from the last couple of years), then maybe you need to chill out before posting on here after games...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2018, 02:47:44 PM »
I think the frustrating thing so far is that there is a massive opportunity this season to be up there because there is no stand out team as previous seasons because am sure Chorley will slip up before end of the season.

Anybody can truly beat anyone else in this league and if we become more consistent we will not be far away, but it needs to be sorted out soon which I am sure Craig is capable of.

I know at the level of football we are at we cannot expect flowing football all the time, but equally we ought to expect better than just lump it forward and hope, which is what we are being served up at the moment at home.

Thankfully we have a chairman who gives a manager a chance.

Just asking to give fans at home more to cheer about!

delbar

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2018, 03:23:23 PM »
Disappointing but not enough  big players doing it at the moment, I would much rather the likes of Gregg Smith, Reece Thompson etc who really did try than some who just seem here for the pay packet.

If the players give 100% and lack the skill for us to reach the play offs etc then I can live with that, it's when they don't it bothers me.
Conference North is our true level and has been now for many many years, getting into the National league would be a bonus but shouldn't be expected.