Author Topic: V Chester  (Read 13708 times)

youngchubby69

V Chester
« on: September 15, 2018, 05:09:30 PM »
Absolutely bloody awful, a terrible performance in midfield and up front.
Shocking tactics if we had any.

youngchubby69

Re: V Chester
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 05:12:25 PM »
I am sorry but is this level a step to far for Craig Elliott.
I know it's early days but we look like a side that could be mid table at best.

youngchubby69

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 05:14:11 PM »
Feel really sorry for the board and chairman, who have obviously put a sizeable budget in place to back CE.

jimmystars

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 05:18:19 PM »
Not sure why we play long ball with a small team against a team with big defenders - play it down the sides, get them turning. Need serious improvement for next week and season ahead.

youngchubby69

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 05:23:15 PM »
Not sure why we play long ball with a small team against a team with big defenders - play it down the sides, get them turning. Need serious improvement for next week and season ahead.
Exactly god knows why we did it, Peterborough Sports must now be fancying there chances,and who can blame them.

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 05:54:05 PM »
Chester were one of the poorest sides seen for a long time and we still couldn't outplay them. The only tactic we had was lump it forward and chase.
It's a good job we have a few points on the board. Think they will be needed if we carry on like this.
Craig doesn't seem to change things when it's not working and that's a big concern.
We really need to win next week otherwise I fear there will be calls for someone's head.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 06:18:07 PM »
Chester were poor but they had about everything you need to be up there in this league. Height, experience, nasty little bastard in midfield who reffed the game well and pace up front.

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 06:35:36 PM »
Last week at Stockport, the team put a shift in. This week, we could have played until midnight and not scored, and the defence was being dragged out of position. Obviously we have some decent players, but they don't seem to be able to manage two good consecutive matches (hopefully that means it's the turn for a good game next week!). Our other problem, as I see it, is that we have no plan B and so find great difficulty in bouncing back if we go a goal down.

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2018, 06:39:59 PM »
Chester were poor but they had about everything you need to be up there in this league. Height, experience, nasty little bastard in midfield who reffed the game well and pace up front.
Harris is supposed to be a nasty midfielder but never gets played in there, he was also the captain at Shaw Lane.
I have nothing against Willis but you really need your captain to affect a game and lead by example, so for me Willis s not the man for the job, how can he be in goal.
Give Harris the arm band or Davies.
Craig is bemoaning the fact that he does not have a target man, so why let GS go and then moan about it.
That type of center forward is the hardest to find, but then we let one go.
With the pace we have in this team surely they would have loved playing off him, and he always gave defenders something to think about.
We created chances today in the first half but no one can find the net.
Walker ran his guts out, but simply cannot finish, and l think he is in two minds as to what he wants to be, a winger of striker, you can't be both and today spent most of the game out wide.
I don't really know what's going on to be honest, it's all frustrating.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 06:59:20 PM »

Heard your views on Radio Lincs about the sizeable  budget and feeling sorry for the board, if you know what the budget is you should say so. As for Craig and a step to far how ridiculous, you have shown every confidence in him up to now. It would have been impossible to have envisaged todays performance after last weeks excellent display at Stockport and quite rightly he kept faith with them. Yes we are finding it hard to score goals but make no mistake while ever we have our current number 8 and 4 we will continue, they are the worst pair of mid fielders ever to pull on a Boston shirt, never a decent pass to the forwards, giving away the ball and getting over run in midfield no wonder the defenders hit the ball long these two are never in position for a pass .  Put that right and we will be okay.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2018, 07:40:33 PM »
Amazing game football. As I see it our midfield two are tidy and play decent quality touches and give it a chance on the floor and their commitment is without fault.  We bossed the first half and we’re caught out from a corner.  I have two points YC Craig is not out his depth but learning at a higher level clearly he has things to address and it’s a new level. Yes Chester weren’t great.  But I agree that we need a settled top two. The lad on loan the number 7 was just poor out muscled every time Nicky is a winger never won a header we have quality up top signed on but they need a chance with quality service. Now with Davies who is absolutely top draw in every department especially his delivery get Marriott and Margot together they will score. Loan players at this level from acedmies don’t have the fight or aggression. Really disappointed tonight as we didn’t change it early enough but hopefully Craig will sort it.  Last week buzzing this week deflated. YC get a balanced view

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 08:24:24 PM »
I thought you were in the "give a man a chance brigade"? You defended Adam Murray for what seemed an eternity last season saying that many other posters, myself included, shouldn't be so harsh, so soon. This time last year we had 11 points from the first 30 available and were 17th , and today we have 15 and sit 9th. Okay, so today wasn't great, but I have to say the rant against the manager is somewhat premature IMO.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2018, 09:08:47 PM »
Re the reference to the 4 ....
Sat between a professional coach and a guy who has been involved with  and watched football for 5 or more decades. Both during the game said " that Thanoj could play a lot higher than this"
It's a funny ole game Saint ;)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2018, 09:13:37 PM »
Some fans are quick to praise and even quicker to criticise.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2018, 09:15:54 PM »
One minute it's praising the manager next is saying that he is way too inexperienced. I mean really?