Author Topic: Stockport (A)  (Read 14345 times)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Stockport (A)
« on: September 06, 2018, 08:31:10 PM »
Anyone else going?
Or have 3 defeats put you off 😤

Suspect the Grimsby lads will get a go. Hopefully Craig doesn't pay them respect and change it.... Play to our strengths
About time we started producing in the other box
Time to get back in the wins, you have to see our next few games as very much there for the taking although said sides will think likewise of us

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Stockport (A)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 11:20:28 AM »
Anyone else going?
Or have 3 defeats put you off 😤

Suspect the Grimsby lads will get a go. Hopefully Craig doesn't pay them respect and change it.... Play to our strengths
About time we started producing in the other box
Time to get back in the wins, you have to see our next few games as very much there for the taking although said sides will think likewise of us

Yes, I'll be there. Another relatively 'on-the-doorstep' away match for me - a 16 mile bus/train ride across the outskirts and through the centre of Manchester. It will complete a busy sporting week for me after being at Belle Vue Speedway on Wednesday night and tonight, and at Wigan Warriors Rugby League last night.

Here's to a return winning ways, especially as a win at Edgeley Park would be give me the bragging rights over three friends and fellow Belle Vue Speedway supporters who follow County home and away.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 01:18:33 PM »
Heat 13 and Max Frickes ride Wednesday WOW

mdfman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 04:20:45 PM »
I will be there but it only takes me 15 minutes from home so not too much of an effort ! I was at last week's home game which certainly wasn't worth the effort of getting there so hoping for better things tomorrow!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 07:10:27 PM »
Giving it a miss. Have to pick and choose away games when it's a 340 mile round trip. Having seen three defeats in a row I can't face it !!

This means we'll win :)

TEP

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 09:37:16 PM »
Stockport away. I went with 2 mates the year we lost 3-2 and Piergianni got a red card. When we got to the ground and asked where we could get a pint, we were told to go to a social club 200 yards down the road that hadn't seen a re-decoration since The Comedians in the 1970's. The result was false, we should have lost 6-2. This was a few days after the 7-2 home defeat to Oxford City. After the game we walked backed towards the train station. There is a pub on a small roundabout between the ground and the main road to the station. All 3 of us wanted a pint. As soon as the pints were served, a number of the local troublemakers decided to encircle us at the bar.  All 3 of us were in our mid-50's at the time. What they didn't know was one of my companions was an ABA Area middle- weight champion in his youth. He also had a VERY short fuse and a lethal left hook. The first lump he hit was unconscious before he hit the floor. The second was hit so hard in his "bread-basket", he couldn't breathe. The pub went very quiet , very quickly, and we left with no further aggravation.

youngchubby69

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 09:43:37 PM »
Stockport away. I went with 2 mates the year we lost 3-2 and Piergianni got a red card. When we got to the ground and asked where we could get a pint, we were told to go to a social club 200 yards down the road that hadn't seen a re-decoration since The Comedians in the 1970's. The result was false, we should have lost 6-2. This was a few days after the 7-2 home defeat to Oxford City. After the game we walked backed towards the train station. There is a pub on a small roundabout between the ground and the main road to the station. All 3 of us wanted a pint. As soon as the pints were served, a number of the local troublemakers decided to encircle us at the bar.  All 3 of us were in our mid-50's at the time. What they didn't know was one of my companions was an ABA Area middle- weight champion in his youth. He also had a VERY short fuse and a lethal left hook. The first lump he hit was unconscious before he hit the floor. The second was hit so hard in his "bread-basket", he couldn't breathe. The pub went very quiet , very quickly, and we left with no further aggravation.
Great story.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 02:07:45 AM »
Giving it a miss. Have to pick and choose away games when it's a 340 mile round trip. Having seen three defeats in a row I can't face it !!

This means we'll win :)

TEP

Hope we win 8 nil now

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 02:35:53 PM »
Just arrived and the weather is shocking. Journey was horrendous. Hope the football is gonna make it worth it, but if the rain carrys on like it is it may become waterlogged.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 03:32:49 PM »
Any radio commentary?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 03:44:45 PM »
Not unless you wanna pay for it.

1-0 up, though!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 03:54:22 PM »
Not unless you wanna pay for it.

1-0 up, though!
Bloody cheek asking people to pay for radio commentary.
Come on you Pilgrims.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 04:54:46 PM »
2-0, 3 points :)
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2018, 04:56:07 PM »
A 2-0 win for the pilgrims.
The man said he would put it right and he has.
Well done to you all, and big well done to Craig.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2018, 04:56:20 PM »
Well done!  Great result.
United we stand..................